GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda looking rather...mean. She seems to be taking things a bit more seriously this morning. Maybe she didn't get to rehearse last night...

Im so glad they showed that video! state got more stuff out! They were lovey dovey and she was massaging his shoulders!!!!!!!!

So the defense doesn't want insanity defense brought up but he does want the jurors to think Grant was acting insane? What were they thinking playing that video?

Kelly Gardner (WRAL) ‏@wralKellyG 6m

#AmandaHayes defense says it is reconsidering whether it is ready to rest its case in light of the new evidence. Court is in recess until 2p

Grant Hayes mother will be called by state. That should be good.

#AmandaHayes defense says it is reconsidering whether it is ready to rest its case in light of the new evidence. Court is in recess until 2p

I don't think Judge Stephen will be happy about that. He wasn't happy this morning with the state. I guess we will have to see.

I want to hear all about the timid soul and her devotion to Grant :P
We shall see how devoted she is to the kids. How many times will she ask about them, for photos, heights, doing in school, adjusting to life etc?

GH's daddy said he heard AH testifying about how terrified she was of Grant. AH had written letters (as recently as 2012) meant for GH, mailed them to the Hayes' home so they could read them over the phone to her beloved. They still had the letters and dropped the dime on Amanda this morning by faxing the letters to the PT.

Kind of ironic on Valentine's Day.

Wow. That's huge to me. Beyond words, really.

In light of WHAT new evidence? I haz confuzionz :scared:

Grant Hayes mother will be called by state. That should be good.

Is Grant's mother coming forward now because she has her own interests in the outcome of the trial? That is, she has the three children in her custody. Did she come forward with the letters because she is concerned that she might have to give up Lilly? Having her son portrayed as a lunatic wouldn't sit well with her either.

I wonder if Amanda told her lawyers about the letters prior to trial.

I over slept, hopefully nothing interesting has happened yet!!

Anyone have Ronda's police interview link handy? I forgot her last name...

In light of WHAT new evidence? I haz confuzionz :scared:

The elder Mr. Grant Hayes (the previous def. dad) contacted and faxed some 'love letters' to the DA's office this morning that AH had written to GH from 2011-2012. Boz had to argue to get them introduced, they have sent for Patsy Hayes to appear in court to come testify today regarding those letters.

I over slept, hopefully nothing interesting has happened yet!!

Anyone have Ronda's police interview link handy? I forgot her last name...

You didn't miss anything except video of Grant doing a monologue, singing, belching and coughing in an interrogation room. There was nothing relevant to the case in what he said or did.

But, there are letters that the prosecution received this morning and which will be addressed after lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734