GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No other questions yet. Maybe they got discouraged after the saw. They couldn't do their experimentations anymore :(

Defense teams usually want to put on a defense, but if a defense team believes the state has not proved the charges beyond a reasonable doubt they can rest without doing anything more than that and go right to closing arguments. It's a bold move, but criminal cases have gone that way from time to time. None I remember here in this area though.

Mario Andrette McNeill, who raped, murdered and then dumped 5 year old Shaniya Davis in the woods offered no defense, no closing argument, no mitigating factors, nothing.

That case is very, very personal to me.

I wouldn't be too discouraged. Wake County juries generally try their best to do what the state asks them to do.

Mario Andrette McNeill, who raped, murdered and then dumped 5 year old Shaniya Davis in the woods offered no defense, no closing argument, no mitigating factors, nothing.

That case is very, very personal to me.
That was a very sick case, what an absolute monster. These are the cases, children, where a quick death sentence is warranted.

Defense teams usually want to put on a defense, but if a defense team believes the state has not proved the charges beyond a reasonable doubt they can rest without doing anything more than that and go right to closing arguments. It's a bold move, but criminal cases have gone that way from time to time. None I remember here in this area though.

Madeleine74,

Didn't this trial involve the DEFENSE putting on a DEFENSE. AMANDA TOOK THE STAND and GAVE HER ACCOUNT. If I was on trial I would EXPECT my defense team to work to collaborate my account!

That's why I find that closing comment by the DEFENSE attorney more problematic for THEM than the Prosecutors.

ADD into the mix that the DEFENSE claimed in opening statements they would SHOW the JURY where GRANT went to cut up LAURA, KINSTON! But did they?

NOPE! They left that barn door wide open. All I saw was smoke and mirrors and honestly two attorneys who appeared disorganized at times. That PI witness could have been on SNL with just a few minor adjustments imo.

And that video of GRANT -- :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And they couldn't even operate courtroom electronic equipment.

Not impressed. Not at all. But when you have a client who dreams up a fairytale, what is a defense team to do???

Hard to find witnesses for a fairytale, isn't it?

Personally was surprised hormones and post partum wasn't part of this defense. NOPE, she wanted to go with DURESS.

That single decision of HERS makes me feel confident the jury will not be bamboozled. (I could be wrong though!!)

Camera's on in courtroom

always the last to post lol

A bit more speculation....

On the murder charge, what if at least one juror is thinking, "We don't even know for certain -- due to decomposition -- precisely how she died."?

If we don't know exactly how she died, how can we be so convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that AH did the deed? What, in minute detail, even WAS the deed?

On the accessory charge, the only defense is that GH made her do it. IMO, she'll be convicted on that count in short order.

If memory serves one of Laura's vertabra (sp?) showed a knife blade and wasn't the small bone in the neck broken, which breaks when strangled? These aren't the result of a fall on a rug.
I think the deciding factors in the murder of LA was that Amanda had run out of money to combat the custody fight over the boys and hadn't replaced Grant's desire for male heirs with a boy of their own and had a baby girl instead.

This would be a good time for the verdict.

If memory serves one of Laura's vertabra (sp?) showed a knife blade and wasn't the small bone in the neck broken, which breaks when strangled? These aren't the result of a fall on a rug.
I think the deciding factors in the murder of LA was that Amanda had run out of money to combat the custody fight over the boys and hadn't replaced Grant's desire for male heirs with a boy of their own and had a baby girl instead.

She even said how desperate she was at that time, which I was surprised about. You could hear the exasperation in her voice. She kept saying "I was desperate, I was desperate." I think she was talking about some particular moment, but I believe there was some truth leaking out of her.

Hope they are not teasing us with that empty chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734