NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"... an area blocked with plywood off the kitchen." Wondering if it was a floor to ceiling wall of plywood or just a sheet of 4x8 plywood, maybe blocking off the laundry room or a breakfast nook. Assume that detectives have already investigated this bizarre home remodeling project. Did they keep her in a makeshift jail cell? moo
I had to share a house with an ex-fiance for 6 months because we couldn't escape the lease. It was awkward for sure. We stayed out of each other's way but never tried putting plywood up. :rolleyes: That seems like an immature, child like way to deal with that awkward situation.

We just listened for when the other person was not in the kitchen or living room area before we entered that area. Who needs plywood? That is really odd and shows that someone is petty and silly, imo.

Last edited:
JMO The grandfather said he has last spoken to his daughter in October, so I think the other statements he’s making are based on what he’s read or seen in the media, and trying to defend his daughter a bit.. He does not say that his daughter told him directly about Madalina’s disappearance. It is worded a bit weird to me, but I am not Moldavian, though close enough. :)
You make a good point about their not speaking recently, but the information is incorrect wrt the school’s interaction with DC and CP. Idk if her family is using translation machines like we are, but that story hasn’t come from any US MSM that I have seen. It sounds like it’s coming from somewhere else, imo.

IMO there isn't a third party involved. I see possible mental health issues, signs of abuse, and a marriage with a power imbalance. The most likely explanation for the delay in reporting and stepfather's trip was because there were things that needed to be hidden. I think they both know what happened to Madalina, but it is possible only one of them knows where she is.
All JMO.

"What the grandfather of the missing girl in the USA says. Who does he think is guilty?"

(run through Google Translate)

"Even though he hasn't seen either his daughter Diana or Mădălina for a long time, he was talking to them through social networks, and the news that his granddaughter had disappeared left him stunned"
"Victor Cojocari said that every time he talked to the girls, they seemed happy, so he had no suspicions. The man admits, however, that Diana's husband was against her communicating with her relatives in Moldova, and most of the time they talked when the man was not around."
"Victor Cojocari says he communicated with his daughter at the end of October, and since then she has not called him."
"We talked, [Madalina] knows a little Romanian, she greeted me, she used to come and greet me all the time, hello, I didn't have any problems like that, the last time we spoke was somewhere at the end of October."
I wonder what happened in November, that kept mom from continuing her talks w/her father in Moldova?

I had a look at the whole article but can’t put it here due to TOS, but it’s worth looking at.

From what I gather, also using Google translate, DC told her family that she couldn’t do anything about M’s disappearance because CP wouldn’t let her go anywhere or communicate. But she was finally able to get in touch with a teacher to tell the teacher M was missing, and the school contacted the authorities.DC’s father suspects CP knows something and M has been kidnapped.

Lmk if anybody reads this differently…
Edit: subbed “DC’s father” for “he”
The problem with that excuse she used to her family, that CP wouldn't let her go anywhere or communicate w/anyone, is that CP was out of state at the time. So he had no way to prevent her from calling anyone, going anywhere and seeking help finding her child. :mad:

My previous post was removed so I'll try to stay within the rules. I'd like to explore a far-fetched idea of organized crime/mafia involvement. IMO, this theory makes more sense than anything that is currently known.

Yes, it's improbable but it could explain a possible kidnapping, not reporting missing child to LE, continued silence in jail, stories that don't align, lack of ties outside of the household, argument, sudden travel, etc.
Exactly what I was saying yesterday. It does make sense with all the weirdness

The problem with that excuse she used to her family, that CP wouldn't let her go anywhere or communicate w/anyone, is that CP was out of state at the time. So he had no way to prevent her from calling anyone, going anywhere and seeking help finding her child. :mad:
I was thinking the same thing. Also of note is that even though she reported to her father that CP didn’t like her speaking with family, she appears to have done so with some regularity. MOO.

My previous post was removed so I'll try to stay within the rules. I'd like to explore a far-fetched idea of organized crime/mafia involvement. IMO, this theory makes more sense than anything that is currently known.

Yes, it's improbable but it could explain a possible kidnapping, not reporting missing child to LE, continued silence in jail, stories that don't align, lack of ties outside of the household, argument, sudden travel, etc.
What information that LE has released hints at any sort of organized crime involvement?

You make a good point about their not speaking recently, but the information is incorrect wrt the school’s interaction with DC and CP. Idk if her family is using translation machines like we are, but that story hasn’t come from any US MSM that I have seen. It sounds like it’s coming from somewhere else, imo.
I wish they posted the entire interview with her father. He says “this is what I understood/this is my understanding” and goes on the say that version with DC contacting M’s school, but he does not say where he got this information from. Maybe there will be other interviews in the following days and this will be cleared up.
It is my opinion that he hasn’t spoken with his daughter since October. And if he did, it was after the news broke, and he got that version of events from DC, who was trying to cover her behind and pin it all on her husband and posing as a victim in front of her family.

And one more thought…did she have permanent resident status or could her ability (and her daughter’s) to live in the USA be contingent upon her marriage to CP? Could there be a coercion aspect to this?

SBM.

I wondered about this, too. If Diana came to the US on a K-1 fiance visa sponsored by Christopher and married him here, he would be on the hook to support her (and Madalina) until they became citizens or for about 10 years, even if they divorced.

"When you sign the affidavit of support, you accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant(s), generally until they become U.S. citizens or are credited with 40 quarters of work. Your obligation as a sponsor also ends if you or the individual sponsored dies or if the individual sponsored ceases to be a lawful permanent resident and departs the United States."

This kind of legal and financial pressure could have played a role in their relationship dynamics. (My own speculation, of course!)

bbm
Agreed, and btw -- DC can speak up now, one would think ?
If she thinks that Madalina is still alive, she would continue to stay silent. (Still a far-fetched idea)

But I don't know why CM would say that he hadn't seen the daughter in a week before he left town. We saw that she went to school on the 21st so that weekend 11/19-11/20, Tuesday 11/22 and Wednesday 11/23, she would have been home all day. It's not a massive house so how would their paths not cross at all? Weird.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about DC bringing up the argument the “night before” with school personnel. And why that could be relevant is perhaps there was DV, Madalena attempted to intervene to defend one of them, and was injured/killed as collateral damage during a physical altercation.

Because there must be some reason DC brought up the argument when the topic was Madalena being missing.

MOO. Just speculating.
100% agree.

I think it is very telling that, when questioned about M's disappearance, MomDC mentioned two events that, at first glance, don't really seem to have anything to do with M at all:
1) the parents' fight on the night of Nov 23
2) her husband's trip to Michigan the morning of Nov 24

I would bet that, when all comes out, both events are intrinsically tied to whatever happened to M.

There's a great YouTube video HERE about interpreting interviewees' body language in missing persons cases, and one of the things that's brought up (starting at about 11:30) is embedded confessions -- basically, that sometimes, when a guilty party is interviewed, they're so focused on the story they concocted and anticipating potential 'problem areas' in their story that they will at times unintentionally bring up details that the interviewer didn't even ask about, which they KNOW will come out eventually, so they're already preparing their story in their head.

I wish they posted the entire interview with her father. He says “this is what I understood/this is my understanding” and goes on the say that version with DC contacting M’s school, but he does not say where he got this information from. Maybe there will be other interviews in the following days and this will be cleared up.
It is my opinion that he hasn’t spoken with his daughter since October. And if he did, it was after the news broke, and he got that version of events from DC, who was trying to cover her behind and pin it all on her husband and posing as a victim in front of her family.
Why pose as a victim to your family but then not to the police? When her husband was arrested, she could have broke down crying and told all sorts of stories. She hasn't said much that pins this on him.

MomDC mentioned two events that, at first glance, don't really seem to have anything to do with M at all:
1) the parents' fight on the night of Nov 23
Iirc, it was in reference to the fight that DC said that M was in her bedroom, but my head’s a little spinny at this point. I remember thinking at the time I read that that it seemed typical for them to argue and typical for M to be in her bedroom when they did so. And this would have been the last time DC saw M, according to one of her stories…10 pm, in her room, the night before Thanksgiving. MOO

Why pose as a victim to your family but then not to the police? When her husband was arrested, she could have broke down crying and told all sorts of stories. She hasn't said much that pins this on him.
If I try to keep an open mind, I have to wonder if she still had fear because of allies/coworkers/family ties of her husbands. I would like more info about his business associates and core groups, to know if she had any reason to fear.

Maybe she did believe he had hidden her somewhere or loaned her out, and didn't want to endanger her further?

I can't quite convince myself of it fully, but nothing else really makes sense either.

At first I thought they were in cahoots with the disappearance, but I don't think they are on the same page at all. I am leaning towards him being the guilty one right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member