NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mother “believes” her husband put her family in danger but doesn’t expound upon that or make any sense that she wouldn’t have tried to sound the alarm for her missing girl. If family in Moldova knew the girl was missing, they should have and could have called too despite the mothers reservations…I’d call on the basis of doing what’s right for Madalina, even if the mother was “hesitant” to do it herself ugh this is infuriating

"Victor Cojocari said that every time he talked to the girls, they seemed happy, so he had no suspicions. The man admits, however, that Diana's husband was against her communicating with her relatives in Moldova, and most of the time they talked when the man was not around."

That information likely came from DC though, it could be true or not.

yeah looks like what would be a dining room usually. But there is only one way in and one way out, so why the plywood? You would just add a door & frame. I was thinking it was the section in front of the kitchen island, like he was building a box. The dining room area would seem easier to block off. Wonder what was in that area... was he building a "man cave"?
yeah looks like what would be a dining room usually. But there is only one way in and one way out, so why the plywood? You would just add a door & frame. I was thinking it was the section in front of the kitchen island, like he was building a box. The dining room area would seem easier to block off. Wonder what was in that area... was he building a "man cave"?
BAA484A0-DAC3-41F2-9ACE-5749C0034983.png

I agree that it’s a dining room and, based on the other photos in the Zillow link up thread, it is connected to the formal living room, which connects to the foyer. I’m wondering if he was going to close the formal dining and living rooms off to make the “apartment” but that then brings up the question of a bathroom - there’s probably only a 1/2 bath downstairs.

Mother “believes” her husband put her family in danger but doesn’t expound upon that or make any sense that she wouldn’t have tried to sound the alarm for her missing girl. If family in Moldova knew the girl was missing, they should have and could have called too despite the mothers reservations…I’d call on the basis of doing what’s right for Madalina, even if the mother was “hesitant” to do it herself ugh this is infuriating
Maybe what she means here is not that there was an external threat to their family but more like he did something that threatened the integrity of the family…like an affair? Or distancing himself? She seems very heavily invested in marriage…wanting to lose weight, moving thousands of miles away, not calling CP on his trip to avoid conflict, etc. IMO, there might be another interpretation here.

ETA: Or maybe he threatened divorce or tried to kick her out of their home?

Last edited:
Maybe what she means here is not that there was an external threat to their family but more like he did something that threatened the integrity of the family…like an affair? Or distancing himself? She seems very heavily invested in marriage…wanting to lose weight, moving thousands of miles away, not calling CP on his trip to avoid conflict, etc. IMO, there might be another interpretation here.

Just to kinda add more thoughts on if it was divorce. If her belief system is with Revival Flame, I wonder what their stance on divorce is?

I really do believe that MC's disappearance has something to do with her Mother and Step Fathers relationship somehow.

View attachment 389108

I agree that it’s a dining room and, based on the other photos in the Zillow link up thread, it is connected to the formal living room, which connects to the foyer. I’m wondering if he was going to close the formal dining and living rooms off to make the “apartment” but that then brings up the question of a bathroom - there’s probably only a 1/2 bath downstairs.
OK, so this is the room off the kitchen. Thanks for posting the photo and theory @cedgison. I am directionally challenged and thought that opening in kitchen led to a laundry room or small room of some sort.

That’s possible. I just couldn’t believe it said family in Moldova knew she was missing and were urging the mother to do what’s right but she chose not to, for one reason or another.

Speculation follows : What if the husband threatened divorce over Madalina , and she and her daughter were going to be kicked out ?
As in; "It's either your kid or me." ?
So, Madalina had to go ?
Was she 'disappeared', sold, sent back to her bio family (doubtful) ?
I admit to having dark thoughts about the validity of Madalina being alive and well, no matter what the scenario.
M00.

Speculation follows : What if the husband threatened divorce over Madalina , and she and her daughter were going to be kicked out ?
As in; "It's either your kid or me." ?
So, Madalina had to go ?
Was she 'disappeared', sold, sent back to her bio family (doubtful) ?
I admit to having dark thoughts about the validity of Madalina being alive and well, no matter what the scenario.
M00.
They just don’t seem to acting as a couple in any way I would expect. Had DC “disappeared” M to keep CP, wouldn’t they be telling the same story? I’d also expect some degree of perception management, like telling the school a story to get the school off their backs or at the very least both showing up together to talk to the SRO. They just seem so disconnected from each other…really jarring. MOO.

"What the grandfather of the missing girl in the USA says. Who does he think is guilty?"

(run through Google Translate)

"Even though he hasn't seen either his daughter Diana or Mădălina for a long time, he was talking to them through social networks, and the news that his granddaughter had disappeared left him stunned"
"Victor Cojocari said that every time he talked to the girls, they seemed happy, so he had no suspicions. The man admits, however, that Diana's husband was against her communicating with her relatives in Moldova, and most of the time they talked when the man was not around."
"Victor Cojocari says he communicated with his daughter at the end of October, and since then she has not called him."
"We talked, [Madalina] knows a little Romanian, she greeted me, she used to come and greet me all the time, hello, I didn't have any problems like that, the last time we spoke was somewhere at the end of October."
I had a look at the whole article but can’t put it here due to TOS, but it’s worth looking at.

From what I gather, also using Google translate, DC told her family that she couldn’t do anything about M’s disappearance because CP wouldn’t let her go anywhere or communicate. But she was finally able to get in touch with a teacher to tell the teacher M was missing, and the school contacted the authorities.DC’s father suspects CP knows something and M has been kidnapped.

Lmk if anybody reads this differently…
Edit: subbed “DC’s father” for “he”

Last edited:
This is Diana Cojocari’s arrest sheet.
View attachment 389082

I had a look at the whole article but can’t put it here due to TOS, but it’s worth looking at.

From what I gather, also using Google translate, DC told her family that she couldn’t do anything about M’s disappearance because CP wouldn’t let her go anywhere or communicate. But she was finally able to get in touch with a teacher to tell the teacher M was missing, and the school contacted the authorities. He suspects CP knows something and M has been kidnapped.

I read the same. Maybe the translation is wrong but this is what the article said:

Mădălina's grandfather says that it was his daughter who informed the school that the girl had disappeared, but he could not say why she did it almost a month after the child's disappearance. The man suspects that his niece [granddaughter] has been kidnapped and her stepfather may know more than he has told the police.

VICTOR COJOCARI, the grandfather, "There was something in the middle between both husbands, because that's how I understood that he didn't give her permission to communicate to go and come anywhere and she finally managed to notify the teachers at school, because the girl was not in class and after the teachers notified the authorities."

That's not what the arrest warrant said. The school attempted to talk with the parents starting on December 12. The officer went to their home where no one answered the door. On December 14 the school counselor called Diana and requested a meeting at school with Madalina. On the 15th she showed up alone so the counselor asked the officer to attend the meeting.

So IMO either grandfather is fudging the story and implicating one or both of the husbands or else mother lied to him by pretending she had been kept from notifying anyone because of the stepdad until she finally was able to do so.

I keep thinking about DC bringing up the argument the “night before” with school personnel. And why that could be relevant is perhaps there was DV, Madalena attempted to intervene to defend one of them, and was injured/killed as collateral damage during a physical altercation.

Because there must be some reason DC brought up the argument when the topic was Madalena being missing.

MOO. Just speculating.

And one more thought…did she have permanent resident status or could her ability (and her daughter’s) to live in the USA be contingent upon her marriage to CP? Could there be a coercion aspect to this?

My previous post was removed so I'll try to stay within the rules. I'd like to explore a far-fetched idea of organized crime/mafia involvement. IMO, this theory makes more sense than anything that is currently known.

Yes, it's improbable but it could explain a possible kidnapping, not reporting missing child to LE, continued silence in jail, stories that don't align, lack of ties outside of the household, argument, sudden travel, etc.

From what I gather, also using Google translate, DC told her family that she couldn’t do anything about M’s disappearance because CP wouldn’t let her go anywhere or communicate. But she was finally able to get in touch with a teacher to tell the teacher M was missing, and the school contacted the authorities.DC’s father suspects CP knows something and M has been kidnapped.

JMO The grandfather said he has last spoken to his daughter in October, so I think the other statements he’s making are based on what he’s read or seen in the media, and trying to defend his daughter a bit.. He does not say that his daughter told him directly about Madalina’s disappearance. It is worded a bit weird to me, but I am not Moldavian, though close enough. :)

I used a couple different translators aside from Google and that's how I'm reading it as well.

I read the same. Maybe the translation is wrong but this is what the article said:

Mădălina's grandfather says that it was his daughter who informed the school that the girl had disappeared, but he could not say why she did it almost a month after the child's disappearance. The man suspects that his niece [granddaughter] has been kidnapped and her stepfather may know more than he has told the police.

VICTOR COJOCARI, the grandfather, "There was something in the middle between both husbands, because that's how I understood that he didn't give her permission to communicate to go and come anywhere and she finally managed to notify the teachers at school, because the girl was not in class and after the teachers notified the authorities."

That's not what the arrest warrant said. The school attempted to talk with the parents starting on December 12. The officer went to their home where no one answered the door. On December 14 the school counselor called Diana and requested a meeting at school with Madalina. On the 15th she showed up alone so the counselor asked the officer to attend the meeting.

So IMO either grandfather is fudging the story and implicating one or both of the husbands or else mother lied to him by pretending she had been kept from notifying anyone because of the stepdad until she finally was able to do so.
A couple translators say "both spouses" instead of "husbands". This case is difficult on its own. Now we have interpretation issues. Whew.

My previous post was removed so I'll try to stay within the rules. I'd like to explore a far-fetched idea of organized crime/mafia involvement. IMO, this theory makes more sense than anything that is currently known.

Yes, it's improbable but it could explain a possible kidnapping, not reporting missing child to LE, continued silence in jail, stories that don't align, lack of ties outside of the household, argument, sudden travel, etc.
bbm
Agreed, and btw -- DC can speak up now, one would think ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz