NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was originally in a news report (video) posted on member wnk's timeline. At the time (or at least when I watched it sometime yesterday afternoon or evening) the info & timestamp provided were accurate as I remember fast forwarding to that point of the video to see if it mentioned any specifics about WHAT was being burned (it did not) and also to see if it was the reporter who said it or if it was said by a neighbor during a recorded interview (it was said by the reporter)

Very odd that the video is apparently gone or edited/shortened now.
I am thinking if it was the reporter who said it maybe they took it down because it was not accurate. Also, in a neighborhood like that- close houses, lots of people around and out and about, it has been pretty warm down here so far this winter, I think that someone would have reported a smell. Also, you would have to have a RAGING fire to burn a body, not just a little back yard fire pit like would be in this neighborhood. The police/FBI would have def found something if they tried to burn her remains.

Thanks I can't find it in our news anywhere
Someone posted it upthread so I saved it. Go to around 2:21 in the video.

ETA: Transcribed the part.

...We spoke to a dozen neigbors who tell WCNC Charlotte, they noticed burning in their back yard at all hours, starting on November 27th, including Saturday morning, just hours before her mother was taken into custody...

I mean.. It's kind of clutching at straws. She may have been hot on the bus and her hoody could have been in her backpack.
Yall, It was like almost 80 degrees here on the week of Thanksgiving. Chilly in the am but hot by the afternoon. I was in a t shirt and shorts that week. I had to MAKE my 11 yo put on her hoodie in the morning before school, she came home with it in her backpack and we live 11 miles from Bailey Middle School so I don't think that was a big deal.

...We spoke to a dozen neigbors who tell WCNC Charlotte, they noticed burning in their back yard at all hours, starting on November 27th, including Saturday morning, just hours before her mother was taken into custody...
Thank you. Hmmmmm I am not sure how embellished that is from the news. Probably why they took the other post down.

I'm guessing we can rule out step-dad taking Madeline to Michigan to stay with relatives there. LE surely has questioned everyone related by now.
Also guessing LE is using cadaver dogs searching his vehicle and home.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - The mother of missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari says she believed her husband, “put her family in danger,” and maintained she didn’t know what happened to the child, court records state.

Cojocari’s mother, Diana Cojocari, and stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, were arrested Dec. 17 after failing to report the Cornelius girl as missing for almost three weeks.

WBTV has obtained another arrest sheet from law enforcement detailing probable cause.

A detective wrote that when he questioned Diana Cojocari, she said she “believed her husband put her family in danger,” and maintained she didn’t know what happened to Madalina.

She also allegedly said family in Moldova told her to call the police but she still hesitated.

Diana Cojocari reportedly told the detective that her daughter did not have a phone and that a bookbag with some of her clothes were missing.

She also told the detective that her daughter didn’t have any friends or family she would be with.

Continues at link

I can't imagine a scenario where multiple neighbors would either flat out lie, or make a mistake about the burning in the back yard. When my neighbor has a fire in their fire pit, I know the smell, the sound, and the way it looks across the fence. It's a pretty obvious activity when the neighbors do it. So this leaves me wondering if LE didn't ask for that to be taken down for some reason critical to the investigation. While I don't think anyone was trying to burn a person, I do think a fire would be a great way to destroy evidence of a crime so, it certainly sounds believable to me.

jmo

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - The mother of missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari says she believed her husband, “put her family in danger,” and maintained she didn’t know what happened to the child, court records state.

Cojocari’s mother, Diana Cojocari, and stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, were arrested Dec. 17 after failing to report the Cornelius girl as missing for almost three weeks.

WBTV has obtained another arrest sheet from law enforcement detailing probable cause.

A detective wrote that when he questioned Diana Cojocari, she said she “believed her husband put her family in danger,” and maintained she didn’t know what happened to Madalina.

She also allegedly said family in Moldova told her to call the police but she still hesitated.

Diana Cojocari reportedly told the detective that her daughter did not have a phone and that a bookbag with some of her clothes were missing.

She also told the detective that her daughter didn’t have any friends or family she would be with.

Continues at link
From the article:

“Authorities visited the home at one point and found an area in the kitchen blocked off with plywood, according to the report.

When asked about it, Palmiter allegedly told the officers that he was going to make a separate apartment.”

WHAT??

OK-
I have a question- they keep reporting that the last time someone saw her was Nov 23rd. But was that the parents? NO one else saw or talked to her after she got off the bus on the 21st? I would start her timeline there..... Those parents are not to be trusted. Someone posted earlier about an exchange between mom and SD and I thought it was a good point- the SD asked mom if she had hidden her and then he asked her the same question. What an odd thing to say. I also find it odd that SD said he had seen her about a week before Thanksgiving. Y'all, the house is not that big. Wonder what his work hours were, did he work from home or out of the house. She sold Mary Kay so I am assuming that she didn't really leave the house for work unless she had a party or deliveries to make. None of this makes any sense. What was the argument about that they had the night before he left for MI? Also, if he left on the 24th for MI, what time? Mom said that she went to check on her at 11:30 am on the 24th. The girl was not there yet she did not call him on his cell or check with ANYONE until 2 days later at 8 pm when he returned home. What? Additionally- if it takes about 12 hours to drive to MI, even if he left at like 5 or 6 am, that puts him there at 5 or 6 pm, spent 24 hours and got up and drove back the following morning? That seems like a pretty quick turn around. What Items did he retrieve? I wonder if anyone has reported seeing him on the road to MI, getting gas, food, etc. I have questions and I want answers....I wish they would release more information.

From the article:

“Authorities visited the home at one point and found an area in the kitchen blocked off with plywood, according to the report.

When asked about it, Palmiter allegedly told the officers that he was going to make a separate apartment.”

WHAT??
In case anyone wondered how you'd make a second apartment by blocking off part of the kitchen (which sounds like a load of horsesnot to me, but whatever)

From the article:

WHAT??
That stood out to me, too. I could see a situation where he might be living separately from DC but within the house, sort of like an economical separation. That squares with his claims about not having seen M for a while before Thanksgiving and taking off for MI to see family. MOO.

From the article:

WHAT??
An area in the kitchen blocked off with plywood! What the heck could that be?

I can't imagine a scenario where multiple neighbors would either flat out lie, or make a mistake about the burning in the back yard. When my neighbor has a fire in their fire pit, I know the smell, the sound, and the way it looks across the fence. It's a pretty obvious activity when the neighbors do it. So this leaves me wondering if LE didn't ask for that to be taken down for some reason critical to the investigation. While I don't think anyone was trying to burn a person, I do think a fire would be a great way to destroy evidence of a crime so, it certainly sounds believable to me.

jmo
True and I agree but I also know the news around here..... Not always 100% accurate. A dozen neighbors sounds like a lot of people that's all.

In case anyone wondered how you'd make a second apartment by blocking off part of the kitchen (which sounds like a load of horsesnot to me, but whatever)

Oh Wow! Something really off here.

TIMELINE UPDATES in RED / contradictions in ORANGE
(I also changed the "last seen" date from NOV 23 to NOV 21, as that is the last time we have confirmation from someone outside the family that M was seen. I also wrote out each date individually to show more visually that massive gap of time between when M was seen and when she was reported missing.)

M = Madalina Cojocari, 11-year-old missing from home at 18413 Victoria Bay Rd, Cornelius, NC
SDadCP = stepfather Christopher Palmiter
MomDC = mother Diana Cojocari

----------------------------------------

JUL 8, 2020
MomDC posts FB video with comment "Is something wrong of being violent?" - VIDEO

W NOV 16
[TIME?] - According to SDadCP, this was the last time he saw M [15]

M NOV 21 - MADALINA COJOCARI LAST SEEN ------------------------------------------
According to school counselor, this was the last time M attended school [15] - cf T NOV 22
4:59PM - M recorded disembarking from school bus at her stop - last independent sighting [18]
MC2.jpg

T NOV 22 - DAY 1
[TIME?] M attended classes at Bailey Middle School [10] - cf M NOV 21

12PM - According to MomDC's report on Dec 15, M was missing since this time [16] - cf W NOV 23

W NOV 23 - DAY 2
NO SCHOOL [4]
[PM] - According to MomDC, M was last seen at home [1] at 10PM [10] by MomDC when M went to bed [12] - cf T NOV 22
[PM] - According to MomDC, she and SDadCP had an argument that night [12]

Th NOV 24 - DAY 3
THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL [4]
[AM] - According to MomDC, SDadCP drove to Michigan to "recover some items"; he claims he did not see M before he left [12]
11:30AM - According to MomDC, when she went to check on M, she was gone [12]

F NOV 25 - DAY 4
NO SCHOOL [4]

Sa NOV 26 - DAY 5
7PM - According to MomDC, SDadCP returned from his trip to Michigan and she asked him if he knew where M was, but he did not; she did not make missing persons report because she was "worried to might start a conflict" between her and SDadCP; he claims that he asked MomDC then and in weeks following if she had "hidden" M from him [12]

Su NOV 27 - DAY 6
[PM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at the residence "at all hours" beginning on this day [
19@2:22]

M NOV 28 - DAY 7

T NOV 29 - DAY 8

W NOV 30 - DAY 9

Th DEC 1 - DAY 10

F DEC 2 - DAY 11

Sa DEC 3 - DAY 12

Su DEC 4 - DAY 13

M DEC 5 - DAY 14

T DEC 6 - DAY 15

W DEC 7 - DAY 16

Th DEC 8 - DAY 17

F DEC 9 - DAY 18

Sa DEC 10 - DAY 19

Su DEC 11 - DAY 20

M DEC 12 - DAY 21
2PM [17] - SRO tried to make a home visit to address M's truancy, but no one answered at residence [12]; truancy packet was left [15]

T DEC 13 - DAY 22

W DEC 14 - DAY 23
[TIME?] - MomDC calls school counselor and schedules meeting to discuss truancy, saying she will bring M [15]

Th DEC 15 - REPORTED MISSING - DAY 24 --------------------------------------------------
1:15PM - M reported missing to Bailey Middle School SRO by "parents" [1] MomDC supposed to bring M to meeting at school about truancy but arrived without her, claiming that she did not know where M was [12]

F DEC 16 - DAY 25
[PM] FBI, SBI searching residence, "spent hours digging in the ground in her backyard, and searching for evidence inside the home" [3]

Sa DEC 17 - SDadCP & MomDC ARRESTED - DAY 26 ---------------------------------------

[TIME?] during visit to home [on this date?], LE note that kitchen was blocked off; SDadCP claimed it was to create another apartment [20]
12:29AM [6] - SDadCP arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [2] - ARREST SHEET
[AM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at residence up to this time [
19@2:22]
10:12AM - MomDC arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [7];
MomDC stated that she “believed her husband put her family in danger”; family in Moldova had told her to call the police but she did not; stated that a bookbag and clothes were missing [20] - ARREST SHEET

Su DEC 18 - DAY 27
[PM] - FBI, SBI, CPD return to residence, collect evidence, bring in K9 unit, tow vehicle [8]
View attachment 388683

M DEC 19 - DAY 28
[AM] - Search includes Lake Cornelius [9]
[AM] - SDadCP appears in court, bond increased to $200k [9]; represented by public defender; both parents state they do not know where M is [11]

T DEC 20 - DAY 29
[AM] - MomDC appears in court [9]; bond increased to $250k [13]; electronic monitoring will be required should she makes bond [14]
7PM - Prayer vigil held in common area near home [10]
[21]

Th DEC 22
7PM - Prayer vigil scheduled at Cornelius Town Square [10]

W DEC 28
[TIME?] - Next court date for SDadCP [11]

------------
SOURCES
[1] Cornelius PD FB post - Dec 15
[2] Stepdad of missing 11-year-old - WSOC - Dec 16
[3] FBI, SBI search Cornelius home - WCCB - Dec 16
[4] Bailey MIddle School calendar
[5] Police asking for public's help... VIDEO - WCNC - Dec 17
[6] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Christopher Palmiter (saved on Wayback)
[7] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Diana Cojocari (saved on Wayback)
[8] FBI, SBI Return to Home of 11-Year-Old... - WCCB - Dec 18
[9] Search for Madalina Cojocari expands - WCNC - Dec 19
[10] Police search lake in Cornelius... - Charlotte Observer - Dec 19
[11] Stepfather of missing 11-year-old... - WBTV - Dec 20
[12] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[13] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[14] @MaryCalkinsTV tweet - WBTV - Dec 20
[15] Arrest report: Mom, dad say missing girl last seen - WSOC - Dec 20
[16] Mom has 'hindered the investigation' - WBTV - Dec 20
[17] @SydneyHeiberger tweet - Fox46 - Dec 20
[18] Cornelius PD press release tweet - Dec 20 - incl link to bus VIDEO
[19] Madalina Cojocari Missing - WCNC VIDEO - Dec 17