NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we are derailed. Buck up, sleuths. Let’s put our collective minds together and focus on where M might be…

Hat in hand, I suggested early on that she might be in the lake. Why? Because lakes. If she is not found there, and given I lean towards the mom as the agent, I think she will be nearby. MOO.

Well, we are derailed. Buck up, sleuths. Let’s put our collective minds together and focus on where M might be…

Hat in hand, I suggested early on that she might be in the lake. Why? Because lakes. If she is not found there, and given I lean towards the mom as the agent, I think she will be nearby. MOO.
IMO, she's somewhere between here and Michigan.

IMO, she's somewhere between here and Michigan.
So stepdad dumped her between NC and MI? I believe I’ve seen that here, maybe your post. I tend to think there would be some sort of BOLO about his car, search for video, etc., along his route, if LE had a route/confirmation that he took that trip. What do you think? Maybe they have something already and don’t need confirmation? MOO.

So stepdad dumped her between NC and MI? I believe I’ve seen that here, maybe your post. I tend to think there would be some sort of BOLO about his car, search for video, etc., along his route, if LE had a route/confirmation that he took that trip. What do you think? Maybe they have something already and don’t need confirmation? MOO.
Maybe stepdad's electronic record doesn't verify the trip to MI?

Definitely no BOLO because nobody even knew the girl was missing at the time and the stepdad is now back home and in jail. A search for video from rest stops or gas stations from NC to Michigan would be labor intensive and I would think the majority of video would be erased/recorded over by now. His mobile phone could provide clues but if he turned it off during the drive, that wouldn't be helpful either.

IMO, LE either has reasonable suspicion or some evidence that there has been foul play which is why they searched the lake near the home. LE has asked that all businesses and homes put up the missing person flyer everywhere possible. Local print stores have offered to provide copies to anyone that comes by. But I haven't seen anything about involving the public to search the woods and surrounding areas.

IMO, LE either has reasonable suspicion or some evidence that there has been foul play which is why they searched the lake near the home. LE has asked that all businesses and homes put up the missing person flyer everywhere possible. Local print stores have offered to provide copies to anyone that comes by. But I haven't seen anything about involving the public to search the woods and surrounding areas.
RSBM

This is what gets me. There has been no request for videos. Maybe they have been all recorded over? Idk. It seems like there would be some sort of search for videos if M was believed to be outside of the area? MOO.

It's my suspicion something happened to Madalina either the evening of the 21st of November after she was seen on video on the school bus that day or the morning of the 22nd of Nov as she did not appear at school that day. There has to be a reason Madalina did not attend school on Tuesday. So why not? She wasn't available to go. The mother has changed her story about this. First it was she last saw Madalina at noon on Tuesday when she should have been in school. I think the mother changed the timeline to coincide with the husband's departure after the argument on Wed the 23th. She alludes to a circumstance that Madalina disappeared the same time the husband did on 23 Nov. But that doesn't explain Madalina's missing school on Tuesday.

I would zero in on whatever happened Monday night that prevented the child attending school on Tuesday. Which parent was with her on Monday night/Tuesday morning. Stepdad threw Mom under the bus claiming he hadn't seen the child for a week prior to his departure on Wednesday. I think something happened on Monday night, not Wednesday night. As far as I can tell both parents were present in the home Monday night, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

Whatever happened, both parents declined to report Madalina missing, both accusing the other of "hiding" her. The fact that both parents accused the other of "hiding" Madalina leads me to believe these shenanigans occurred before, likely using Madalina as a pawn in whatever marital dysfunction. One parent (or both) played these psychological mind games before only this time one of them did something permanent. I don't know which one, but both are absolutely responsible for the lack of reporting. I think if the parents were in on this together they likely would have stuck with a joint alibi instead of directly and immediately blaming the other.

The most optimistic scenario is that one of the parents DID spirit Madalina away as a pawn in whatever psychological warfare the parents had going on. They both indicated the other parent was capable of that level of spite and idiocy. On the other hand, why would either parent sit in jail rather than reveal where they took the child, if they did? That doesn't make much sense either. If one parent knew the other had committed a terrible crime against Madalina and the other parent knew it, they would spill it rather than sit in jail.

Again, I don't think both of the parents did it else their stories and alibis would line up to cover the crime. Instead, they are pointing fingers at each other rather than sticking together with some sort of cogent story. One of them did something, I just don't know which one yet. My opinions only.

For some reason, this matter triggered a memory of the murder of little AJ Freund, age 5, in Crystal Lake IL a few years ago. The mother killed AJ, and the father, who was significantly older, buried the child in a shallow grave a few towns away IIRC. They then reported him missing. They’ve both since been convicted.

As much as I wish for the best, I don’t believe she is alive; from the standpoint of justice I hope one or both of them crossed a state line while committing whatever offenses they may be deemed to have committed. I tend to prefer the speedier and cleaner federal methods for addressing malevolence.

I’m curios if they only have one car. They only showed one car being towed, so if she was home when step dad left and they only have one car. That might lower places Mom could take her without a car.

RSBM

This is what gets me. There has been no request for videos. Maybe they have been all recorded over? Idk. It seems like there would be some sort of search for videos if M was believed to be outside of the area? MOO.
I thought about that as well but I would think Ring would be popular in a residential area. Does anyone know how long those hold memory?

FWIW, I've never come across a case where a parent had hidden a child away for any reason whatsoever. It always ends with a dead child and sadly I don't think Madalina's case will be any different.
I am reminded of the Skelton boys, and how the father has never wavered from his claim he spirited the boys away to a safer place. Was incarcerated. Never budged. No one believes his story. Thanksgiving update on the Skelton brothers, for anyone not familiar: Where are the Skelton brothers? Thanksgiving marks 12-year anniversary of Michigan boys' disappearance

Any chance she has a cell phone? Do the parents? If his cell shows he was did travel that's a problem, she could be anywhere although seeing as her missing date could very well be before his "trip" she could in be the yard, woods, water. What about the neighbors saying they saw a fire in the backyard? Oh man!

FWIW, I've never come across a case where a parent had hidden a child away for any reason whatsoever. It always ends with a dead child and sadly I don't think Madalina's case will be any different.
I've come across a few of these cases but they're almost always obvious cases of custodial interference (which this case does not seem like). Only case I've seen of this type that wasn't custodial in nature with a happy ending was the faked disappearance of Shannon Matthews, but that was motivated by money.

This is my most overreaching idea so far, but I have been pondering all of the weirdness and trying to place it logically, and I thought of this.

JMO. What if this goes beyond the parents? (I think I read early on that SD had a record of fraud)
Hear me out (please). Maybe SD (and Mum) were in money trouble or some other kind of fraud/blackmail thing and owed people money, and they took Madalina, or Madalina was/is being held as collateral, and they were told not to go to the cops?
I know it's out there, but once it was in my head, I couldn't shake it off, so go at it and tell me how it's impossible. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member