NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely needed that day (low 27, high 54):

The weather certainly warranted a hoodie, but did mom and SF also not care about what being underdressed might do to daughter's image among her peers?
NOT to speak in favor of mother & SD, but 11year olds can be very picky about their outfit. Fashion, social media, boys, bullies,… they aren’t as ‘easy’ to clothe properly as younger kids. Look at how she makes sure the 2 front pieces of her hair fall in front of her ears. Hoodie/jacket,… could be inside the backpack. Just purely being informative about her age, as i’m working with kids that age.

Another interesting bit about this timeline is that SDadCP claimed to not have seen her since Thursday Nov. 17th despite the fact that she attended school until the 21st (per the guidance counselor, who I'm inclined to believe). Makes me wonder what the family dynamic was like at home if you feel like it's reasonable to claim not seeing an 11-year-old that lives in your home for 5-7 days.

Very interested to see if we are looped into any of the finer details of their timelines in the future.

I wonder if Step Dad was abusive, and would occasionally use the child to help abuse the Mom. Like, taking her away without permission, "losing" her, or maybe even telling her " if you ____ you'll never see your daughter again."

So then with an argument, Mom did something with the child thinking she was protecting her, even if it meant taking the child's life. If Mom is really terrified for her or her daughters life, she might not cave at all.

That is just a theory though and trying to hope there is some truth in their timeline.

Also Step Dad claiming he didn't see her for a week before she was last seen at the school, could have just been manipulation tactics. So he could claim it isn't uncommon for him not to see her sometimes.

They are both lying, but I just don't know if they are lying to cover for each other or for their own benefit.

I agree 100%. No clutching at straws here at all. There are 4 kids shown in the video. 3 kids are bundled up in long sleeves, sweaters and hoodies. Madalina in short sleeves--a neglected child, in my opinion.
I disagree. How she is dressed is irrelevant. Her hoodie may be in her backpack. The bus stop may be right next to her house. It doesn't really matter. I have teen children and they have gone through many phases when it comes to how they dress. They definitely wore shorts for an entire winter no matter how much I begged for them to wear pants. (Also, I live in Cornelius and it hasn't been really cold until this past week.)

Where did the initial idea that Mom is possibly a victim even come from??? Just curious. Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I am not understanding why many seem to think she could be scared. Were there prior reports that she had been hurt by him? It’s obvious that their home life is not “normal” but I’m wondering why Mom specifically was being seen as a victim at first.

O
I am curious to know if the school or neighbors, or even her friends knew of any issues at the home.
All I've seen is neighbors that said they didn't see members of the family often and classmates that said the girl was quiet in school. I haven't seen anyone post anything of significance.

The parents don't seem to have a good relationship so why are either of them protecting the other? That is what doesn't make any sense to me.

Where did the initial idea that Mom is possibly a victim even come from??? Just curious. Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I am not understanding why many seem to think she could be scared. Were there prior reports that she had been hurt by him? It’s obvious that their home life is not “normal” but I’m wondering why Mom specifically was being seen as a victim at first.
Many jumped to that conclusion based on her mugshot. Red markings on her forehead. IMO, it's just stereotyping. People can't fathom a mother hurting her child therefore it must be the stepfather...and she must not be saying anything because she's afraid. Also, her FB video about violence. But she could have been talking about her own thoughts of violence in the video.

Not sure why there's eagerness to defend DC. She had three weeks to do something and she didn't. Was protected in the courtroom. Lied to school. End of story. Guilty. Nothing's going to convince me otherwise and seeing all this stuff about how she's a victim is disgusting to me.

Many jumped to that conclusion based on her mugshot. Red markings on her forehead. IMO, it's just stereotyping. People can't fathom a mother hurting her child therefore it must be the stepfather...and she must not be saying anything because she's afraid. Also, her FB video about violence. But she could have been talking about her own thoughts of violence in the video.
Ah, I see. To me that looks more like eczema or even shingles, especially since there is also a trace amount of it on her right eye. JMO!

People can't fathom a mother hurting her child therefore it must be the stepfather...and she must not be saying anything because she's afraid.
Those people should be paying attention to the case of Lori Vallow Daybell, who has been in jail for 2 years for murdering two of her children. Its a fascinating (and horrifying) case, working its way towards trial. Nobody who follows it is under any illusion that mother Daybell is anything but a poisonous snake, certainly not a victim, in my opinion only.

I believe it was a combination of factors:
  • M's stepfather was arrested 10 hours prior to her mother's arrest
  • IIRC, M's stepfather is a US citizen, while her mother is an immigrant with English as a second language, and there is a large age gap between the two -- both factors which could potentially create a misbalanced power dynamic in their relationship
  • When M's mother was finally arrested, she had the red marks on her face which could have been from a bruise or injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1