NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like the parents made a few statements about the timeline of her disappearance but they don't give any additional details and have asked for lawyers. I don't even know why the parent's argument was mentioned in the first place because in the context of everything, it doesn't seem relevant. Unless they said that is why the stepfather drove to Michigan the next day or if they're implying that was a possible reason why MC left.
RSBM, BBM
This! Exactly this. How does “we argued the night before” pertain to the missing daughter? That jumped right out at me. Her child is missing for weeks!

Glad to know there is verified evidence M was at school on the 21. Curious to know if any of stepfather's wide extended family is concerned or has posted about her? And was the house split into two suites, so theoretically M could have been confined to one part of the house where the stepfather wouldn't be aware of her?

WTAF?!?

I am afraid something has been seriously wrong in this family for a very long time. Why would you ever think or suspect that your spouse has "hidden" your child? Hidden from what? Hidden from whom? Why?

If I came home and my dog wasn't here, I wouldn't ask my husband "have you hidden the dog?" Hidden? You'd say "Where's Buddy?" "Did Buddy get out?" Obviously if it's your child it's more like a guttural scream that you can't find them. But just in general it is such a weird word and has a weird underlying meaning.

Was Madalina being abused by SD? Has mom hidden Madalina in the past to protect her or punish SD? This all stinks so much it makes me want to vomit.

I hope the FBI and NCMEC have run her photo through their database. I hope they searched the electronics in the house. I get such a bad feeling from ALL of these people.

It's very telling, IMO, that they released the bus footage and are specifically asking for verification of sightings after that from outside the family. I mean, along with all the other telling stuff that's being discussed about the parents. Ugh.

Also waiting 2 days to ask your husband if he took your daughter with him on an unplanned trip???? WHAT?

I mean I call my husband when he's at work if I can't find my favorite spatula to ask if he's seen it. You don't call when you wake up and your DAUGHTER is not in her room? You'd think the immediate steps would be 1) call husband to see if daughter went on his trip, and if not, 2) call the police!!

Also waiting 2 days to ask your husband if he took your daughter with him on an unplanned trip???? WHAT?

I mean I call my husband when he's at work if I can't find my favorite spatula to ask if he's seen it. You don't call when you wake up and your DAUGHTER is not in her room? You'd think the immediate steps would be 1) call husband to see if daughter went on his trip, and if not, 2) call the police!!
Agreed, that is total nonsense. My youngest is 11 and I wouldn't wait until 11:30 to go check if he hadn't come out of his room one morning. My young teen doesn't even sleep that late yet, I'd check on that kid well before then, too. The dynamics and stories are bizarre.

WTAF?!?

I am afraid something has been seriously wrong in this family for a very long time. Why would you ever think or suspect that your spouse has "hidden" your child? Hidden from what? Hidden from whom? Why?

If I came home and my dog wasn't here, I wouldn't ask my husband "have you hidden the dog?" Hidden? You'd say "Where's Buddy?" "Did Buddy get out?" Obviously if it's your child it's more like a guttural scream that you can't find them. But just in general it is such a weird word and has a weird underlying meaning.

Was Madalina being abused by SD? Has mom hidden Madalina in the past to protect her or punish SD? This all stinks so much it makes me want to vomit.

I hope the FBI and NCMEC have run her photo through their database. I hope they searched the electronics in the house. I get such a bad feeling from ALL of these people.

Agree with all this.
There were secrets in that house.
Where is the outrage and concerning from family? The grandparents crying over their precious grandchild? Aunts and uncles…nothing.

I would like to hear from the little girl's teachers and her friends. What did she say about her parents? Her home life? Did she go to birthday parties? Sleepovers? This is all so strange.
The teachers/staff cannot weigh in, due to FERPA. I wish we could hear from them, too. Had they reported other concerning issues?

Hats off to the school for following through with truancy issues and also to Cornelius Police Dept.....they have been excellent about informing and updating often on social media, and releasing enough info to give us a clear picture of what theyre likely dealing with, but not too much to hinder the investigation. Love police departments that share a lot of info!

It's very telling, IMO, that they released the bus footage and are specifically asking for verification of sightings after that from outside the family. I mean, along with all the other telling stuff that's being discussed about the parents. Ugh.
Agreed. I give LE major credit for that; in other cases I've followed LE sticks to an original timeline whether it's correct or not which isn't very helpful.

So it wasn't a relative asking to visit Madalina but rather the school asking to see her. I suspect that if the school hadn't intervened we'd not even know this precious little girl was missing.

WTH is wrong with mom and stepdad? I'd like to hear more about the alleged fight they had before stepdad took off for Michigan and I'd like to hear from bio dad too. MOO.

The teachers/staff cannot weigh in, due to FERPA. I wish we could hear from them, too. Had they reported other concerning issues?
They can certainly speak to detectives, correct? I’m not familiar with FERPA. I’m sure the authorities are seeking info from all who had regular interaction with Madalina. And aren’t school teachers/admin mandatory reporters when they observe concerning things?

All the kids wearing warm hoodies and she's wearing a short sleeve shirt. Poor kid.
Definitely needed that day (low 27, high 54):
The weather certainly warranted a hoodie, but did mom and SF also not care about what being underdressed might do to daughter's image among her peers?

They can certainly speak to detectives, correct? I’m not familiar with FERPA. I’m sure the authorities are seeking info from all who had regular interaction with Madalina. And aren’t school teachers/admin mandatory reporters when they observe concerning things?
Yes. LE can and does subpoena records. IME.

Mandatory reporter statutes differ from state to state. In my state, even if I am not in care of a child, but I see abuse (think of a parent smacking a child at a supermarket, leaving a mark), I must report or be subject to fines/losing my license/job,etc). Not sure if this applies to NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member