NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also of note is that while stepdad spun a different story with different dates, Mom went with the classic "woke up and they were gone" story...
The officer spoke to Cojocari, who said she last saw Madalina on Nov. 23 at 10 p.m. She said that Madalina went into her room that night to go to bed.
The mother said she went to check on Madalina around 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 24 and noticed Madalina was not in her room.
Mom has ‘hindered the investigation’ in search for missing 11-year-old Cornelius girl, prosecutors say

Clearly this woman is not cooperating at all. Begrudgingly reported her child missing and that came after she opted not to at all, because she was worried it would affect her relationship with her husband.

So clearly, SHE came first, not her daughter.

Nope, this woman gets zero benefit of the doubt from me. None. Nada. Zip. She had her chance in front of the judge and an entire SAFE courtroom full of witnesses this morning, and she STILL chooses to stay quiet. Despicable.

jmo
Early on, I was willing to consider she is a brainwashed-battered-wife, terrified by husband. But this woman continues to refuse to cooperate so I am removing my sympathy vote. Do they think they can outsmart LE and FBI?

"snipped" to condense.

MOOs

So was MC at school on T NOV 22 or not? How does SDadCP account for not seeing his stepdaughter who lives with him for a week leading up to the supposed date of her disappearance? Oh, I believe that the parents argued on NOV 23, and I believe he left and went somewhere the next morning, but considering that's about all these two have been consistent about, I'll bet that's about the extent of the truth in their stories.
<modsnip- no link included for school info stated as fact>

It seems like the parents made a few statements about the timeline of her disappearance but they don't give any additional details and have asked for lawyers. I don't even know why the parent's argument was mentioned in the first place because in the context of everything, it doesn't seem relevant. Unless they said that is why the stepfather drove to Michigan the next day or if they're implying that was a possible reason why MC left.

As for their bonds, my guess would be that the mother has little assets in her name. I don't know their finances <modsnip - sleuthing/posting info about stepdad’s family>

Last edited by a moderator:
The parents' statements to school and LE are so absurd. It makes me think they haven't even talked to each other just to get their stories straight.
It makes me think one of them panicked and gave the wrong dates.

I think they both know exactly what happened and where she is.
Which one will be the first to crack, I'd guess it will be the step-dad.

jmo

So maybe they had an argument. He left. She was angry and took it out on the child. Then he comes home and she blames him for upsetting her and guilts him into going along with all this.

I just keep thinking about that video. I don't think this woman is a victim at all.

It makes me think one of them panicked and gave the wrong dates.

I think they both know exactly what happened and where she is.
Which one will be the first to crack, I'd guess it will be the step-dad.

jmo
agree about panicking and not keeping the story straight. He claims he "thinks" he saw her about a week before his trip. But appanrently that doesn't cause him to ask where is M? But as soon as he got back into town he was puzzled and asked where is M? Nah, this will unravel very quickly. These people can't lie their way out of a paper bag

Su NOV 27 - DAY 4
[PM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at the residence "at all hours" beginning on this day [5@2:22]

F DEC 16 - DAY 23
[PM] FBI, SBI searching residence, "spent hours digging in the ground in her backyard, and searching for evidence inside the home" [3]
TIMELINE UPDATES in RED

MC = Madalina Cojocari, 11-year-old missing from home at 18413 Victoria Bay Rd, Cornelius, NC
SDadCP = stepfather Christopher Palmiter
MomDC = mother Diana Cojocari

----------------------------------------

JUL 8, 2020
MomDC posts FB video with comment "Is something wrong of being violent?" - VIDEO - Transcription

T NOV 22
MC attended classes at Bailey Middle School [10]

W NOV 23 - MADALINA COJOCARI LAST SEEN ------------------------------------------------------------------
NO SCHOOL [4]
[PM] - MC last seen at home [1] at 10PM [10] when she went to bed [12]
[PM] - According to MomDC, she and SDadCP had an argument that night [12]

Th NOV 24 - DAY 1
THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL [4]
[AM] - According to MomDC, SDadCP drove to Michigan to "recover some items"; he claims he did not see her before he left [12]
11:30AM - According to MomDC, when she went to check on MC, she was gone [12]

F NOV 25 - DAY 2
THANKSGIVING BREAK - NO SCHOOL [4]

Sa NOV 26 - DAY 3
7PM - According to MomDC, SDadCP returned from his trip to Michigan and she asked him if he knew where MC was, but he did not; she did not make missing persons report because she was "worried to might start a conflict" between her and SDadCP; he claims that he asked MomDC then and in weeks following if she had "hidden" MC from him [12]

Su NOV 27 - DAY 4
[PM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at the residence "at all hours" beginning on this day [5@2:22]

M-W DEC 12-14? - ("earlier in the week")
[TIME?] - authorities tried to make a home visit to address MC's truancy, but no one answered at residence [12]

Th DEC 15 - REPORTED MISSING - DAY 22
[TIME?] - MC reported missing to Bailey Middle School SRO by "parents" [1] Mom DC asked to bring MC to meeting at school about truancy but arrived without her, claiming that she did not know where MC was [12]

F DEC 16 - DAY 23
[PM] FBI, SBI searching residence, "spent hours digging in the ground in her backyard, and searching for evidence inside the home" [3]

Sa DEC 17 - SDadCP & MomDC ARRESTED - DAY 24
12:29AM [6] - SDadCP arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [2]
[AM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at residence up to this time [5@2:22]
10:12AM - MomDC arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [7]

Su DEC 18 - DAY 25
[PM] - FBI, SBI, CPD return to residence, collect evidence, bring in K9 unit, tow vehicle [8]

View attachment 388683

M DEC 19 - DAY 26
[AM] - Search includes Lake Cornelius [9]
[AM] - SDadCP appears in court, bond increased to $200k [9]; represented by public defender; both parents state they do not know where MC is [11]

T DEC 20

[AM] - MomDC appears in court [9]; bond increased to $250k [13]; electronic monitoring will be required should she makes bond [14]
7PM - Prayer vigil scheduled in common area near home [10]

Th DEC 22
7PM - Prayer vigil scheduled at Cornelius Town Square [10]

W DEC 28
[TIME?] - Next court date for SDadCP [11]

------------
SOURCES
[1] Cornelius PD FB post - Dec 15
[2] Stepdad of missing 11-year-old - WSOC - Dec 16
[3] FBI, SBI search Cornelius home - WCCB - Dec 16
[4] Bailey MIddle School calendar
[5] Police asking for public's help... VIDEO - WCNC - Dec 17
[6] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Christopher Palmiter (saved on Wayback)
[7] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Diana Cojocari (saved on Wayback)
[8] FBI, SBI Return to Home of 11-Year-Old... - WCCB - Dec 18
[9] Search for Madalina Cojocari expands - WCNC - Dec 19
[10] Police search lake in Cornelius... - Charlotte Observer - Dec 19
[11] Stepfather of missing 11-year-old... - WBTV - Dec 20
[12] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[13] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[14] @MaryCalkinsTV tweet - WBTV - Dec 20

--------------

MOOs
Wow, this does not sound like a healthy living situation for anyone involved. MomDC doesn't report her own child missing because she's afraid it will cause marital conflict??? So did they really each think that the other had hidden MC away to punish the other? Or is that just the story they came up with together? My heart absolutely goes out to the poor girl stuck in the middle.

Also, taking a 12+ hour roadtrip on Thanksgiving Day without your family? Sure sounds sus to me.
Where is the information that the neighbors said there were fires burning in the backyard for all that time coming from? I can't find that anywhere- Just curious. I live about 10 miles from that neighborhood and I know that they were searching the lake and had helicopters out on Sunday.

"pardon me hon, but did you hide our missing child?" "Nope I sure didn't, did you?" "nope me either. Anywho, what do you want for supper?" It's laughable except there is nothing funny about this situation. Where is this little girl?

Where is the information that the neighbors said there were fires burning in the backyard for all that time coming from? I can't find that anywhere- Just curious. I live about 10 miles from that neighborhood and I know that they were searching the lake and had helicopters out on Sunday.
I believe that was a comment on a social media platform, therefore considered rumor here. I haven't seen anything in MSM to confirm it.

TIMELINE UPDATES in RED / contradictions in ORANGE

MC = Madalina Cojocari, 11-year-old missing from home at 18413 Victoria Bay Rd, Cornelius, NC
SDadCP = stepfather Christopher Palmiter
MomDC = mother Diana Cojocari

----------------------------------------

JUL 8, 2020
MomDC posts FB video with comment "Is something wrong of being violent?" - VIDEO - Transcription

W NOV 16
[TIME?] - According to SDadCP, this was the last time he saw MC [15]

M NOV 21
According to school counselor, this was the last time MC attended school [15] - cf T NOV 22

T NOV 22
[TIME?] MC attended classes at Bailey Middle School [10] - cf M NOV 21
12PM - According to MomDC's report on Dec 15, MC was missing since this time [16] - cf W NOV 23

W NOV 23 - MADALINA COJOCARI LAST SEEN ------------------------------------------------------------------
NO SCHOOL [4]
[PM] - MC last seen at home [1] at 10PM [10] by MomDC when MC went to bed [12] - cf T NOV 22
[PM] - According to MomDC, she and SDadCP had an argument that night [12]

Th NOV 24 - DAY 1
THANKSGIVING - NO SCHOOL [4]
[AM] - According to MomDC, SDadCP drove to Michigan to "recover some items"; he claims he did not see her before he left [12]
11:30AM - According to MomDC, when she went to check on MC, she was gone [12]

F NOV 25 - DAY 2
THANKSGIVING BREAK - NO SCHOOL [4]

Sa NOV 26 - DAY 3
7PM - According to MomDC, SDadCP returned from his trip to Michigan and she asked him if he knew where MC was, but he did not; she did not make missing persons report because she was "worried to might start a conflict" between her and SDadCP; he claims that he asked MomDC then and in weeks following if she had "hidden" MC from him [12]

Su NOV 27 - DAY 4

M DEC 12 - DAY 20
2PM [17] - SRO tried to make a home visit to address MC's truancy, but no one answered at residence [12];
truancy packet was left [15]

W DEC 14 - DAY 21
[TIME?] - MomDC calls school counselor and schedules meeting to discuss truancy, saying she will bring MC [15]

Th DEC 15 - REPORTED MISSING - DAY 22
1:15PM - MC reported missing to Bailey Middle School SRO by "parents" [1] MomDC supposed to bring MC to meeting at school about truancy but arrived without her, claiming that she did not know where MC was [12]

F DEC 16 - DAY 23

Sa DEC 17 - SDadCP & MomDC ARRESTED - DAY 24
12:29AM [6] - SDadCP arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [2]
[AM] According to neighbors, there were fires burning in the yard at residence up to this time [5@2:22]
10:12AM - MomDC arrested for failure to report disappearance of child, held on $100k bond [7]

Su DEC 18 - DAY 25
[PM] - FBI, SBI, CPD return to residence, collect evidence, bring in K9 unit, tow vehicle [8]
View attachment 388683

M DEC 19 - DAY 26
[AM] - Search includes Lake Cornelius [9]
[AM] - SDadCP appears in court, bond increased to $200k [9]; represented by public defender; both parents state they do not know where MC is [11]

T DEC 20 - DAY 27
[AM] - MomDC appears in court [9]; bond increased to $250k [13]; electronic monitoring will be required should she makes bond [14]

7PM - Prayer vigil scheduled in common area near home [10]

Th DEC 22
7PM - Prayer vigil scheduled at Cornelius Town Square [10]

W DEC 28
[TIME?] - Next court date for SDadCP [11]

------------
SOURCES
[1] Cornelius PD FB post - Dec 15
[2] Stepdad of missing 11-year-old - WSOC - Dec 16
[3] FBI, SBI search Cornelius home - WCCB - Dec 16
[4] Bailey MIddle School calendar
[5] Police asking for public's help... VIDEO - WCNC - Dec 17
[6] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Christopher Palmiter (saved on Wayback)
[7] Mecklenburg Co arrest record for Diana Cojocari (saved on Wayback)
[8] FBI, SBI Return to Home of 11-Year-Old... - WCCB - Dec 18
[9] Search for Madalina Cojocari expands - WCNC - Dec 19
[10] Police search lake in Cornelius... - Charlotte Observer - Dec 19
[11] Stepfather of missing 11-year-old... - WBTV - Dec 20
[12] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[13] @DerekDlngr tweet THREAD - WJZY - Dec 20
[14] @MaryCalkinsTV tweet - WBTV - Dec 20
[15] Arrest report: Mom, dad say missing girl last seen - WSOC - Dec 20
[16] Mom has 'hindered the investigation' - WBTV - Dec 20
[17] @SydneyHeiberger tweet - Fox46 - Dec 20
https://twitter.com/SydneyHeiberger

-------------

MOOs

So was MC at school on T NOV 22 or not? How does SDadCP account for not seeing his stepdaughter who lives with him for a week leading up to the supposed date of her disappearance? Oh, I believe that the parents argued on NOV 23, and I believe he left and went somewhere the next morning, but considering that's about all these two have been consistent about, I'll bet that's about the extent of the truth in their stories.
Another interesting bit about this timeline is that SDadCP claimed to not have seen her since Thursday Nov. 17th despite the fact that she attended school until the 21st (per the guidance counselor, who I'm inclined to believe). Makes me wonder what the family dynamic was like at home if you feel like it's reasonable to claim not seeing an 11-year-old that lives in your home for 5-7 days.

Very interested to see if we are looped into any of the finer details of their timelines in the future.

I believe that was a comment on a social media platform, therefore considered rumor here. I haven't seen anything in MSM to confirm it.
Source 5 in @wnk ’s timeline. In the video report at 2:22. Not in the text. When I first posted that link, I didn’t specify the video, so it’s come up a few times. But it’s definitely there in the video. Hth.

I don’t understand how did they think that nobody will notice/ care about their daughter missing? They seem to be educated people, surely they would expect the school to come knocking asking questions. They had three weeks to come out with explanation and just didn’t even try saying she is abroad w relative? I just don’t understand it.

As most of you I don’t think this will end well. There is no reason to not report your child missing that long.
I would like to know what did they say to family members, did anyone ask where is she?
The video about violence its just sick. Who knows what was happening behind closed doors in this family but I have a sinking feeling about what we will find out.
Sadly, I agree. I think something incredibly nefarious happened.

Source 5 in @wnk ’s timeline. In the video report at 2:22. Not in the text. When I first posted that link, I didn’t specify the video, so it’s come up a few times. But it’s definitely there in the video. Hth.
Can you link to the exact report? I just re-watched the video at the link provided and there is no mention of any fire, or burning. I wonder if they've since edited it?

Aside from the blatantly obvious- like who doesn't keep track of an 11 year old child and doesn't report them missing- I would like to know where the reports of neighbors saying there were fires burning for lengthy periods of time in their back yard came from. I can't find that anywhere.
Also, I live close- within 10 miles and I know the area well. If she's in the lake, she will turn up at some point. LKN is huge but very busy so someone is bound to find her if she's in it.
Now that they are in custody, I wonder if they can trace his cell tower pings from his travels to MI. If he stopped for any length of time, like long enough to bury a body, wouldn't that show up? What about the mom? Wonder what her timeline is for all those days- What was she doing? This is super sad. I have an 11 yo and I can't imagine not knowing where she is for an hour let alone a month. I would call the police in the first 5 minutes- don't care who I would cause "conflict" with.

Can you link to the exact report? I just re-watched the video at the link provided and there is no mention of any fire, or burning. I wonder if they've since edited it?
It sure looks like it’s been edited! The whole thing is only 2:05 now. The piece about the fires was just after FBI guy. And the very end now talks about mom being in court tomorrow…but the original video wasn’t posted yesterday, I don’t think. So, not good editing? I do have a screen shot of that segment, where the words “burning in backyard” appears on the screen. But idk how to shrink the file size to fit the WS platform because I am very old, lol!

ETA: asking for assistance from non-Luddite son and will post when he helps a parent out :) .

Last edited:
Aside from the blatantly obvious- like who doesn't keep track of an 11 year old child and doesn't report them missing- I would like to know where the reports of neighbors saying there were fires burning for lengthy periods of time in their back yard came from. I can't find that anywhere.
Also, I live close- within 10 miles and I know the area well. If she's in the lake, she will turn up at some point. LKN is huge but very busy so someone is bound to find her if she's in it.
Now that they are in custody, I wonder if they can trace his cell tower pings from his travels to MI. If he stopped for any length of time, like long enough to bury a body, wouldn't that show up? What about the mom? Wonder what her timeline is for all those days- What was she doing? This is super sad. I have an 11 yo and I can't imagine not knowing where she is for an hour let alone a month. I would call the police in the first 5 minutes- don't care who I would cause "conflict" with.
It was originally in a news report (video) posted on member wnk's timeline. At the time (or at least when I watched it sometime yesterday afternoon or evening) the info & timestamp provided were accurate as I remember fast forwarding to that point of the video to see if it mentioned any specifics about WHAT was being burned (it did not) and also to see if it was the reporter who said it or if it was said by a neighbor during a recorded interview (it was said by the reporter)

Very odd that the video is apparently gone or edited/shortened now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring