NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my most overreaching idea so far, but I have been pondering all of the weirdness and trying to place it logically, and I thought of this.

JMO. What if this goes beyond the parents? (I think I read early on that SD had a record of fraud)
Hear me out (please). Maybe SD (and Mum) were in money trouble or some other kind of fraud/blackmail thing and owed people money, and they took Madalina, or Madalina was/is being held as collateral, and they were told not to go to the cops?
I know it's out there, but once it was in my head, I couldn't shake it off, so go at it and tell me how it's impossible. :)
I think SD was a victim of fraud, but I don’t think that’s especially important to your scenario. Where would M be if she had been kidnapped or held? If the FBI or other LE found financial issues and thought kidnappers were involved, would they be searching the lake?

For my part, I’m glad you have a live child in your scenario :) . MOO

I think SD was a victim of fraud, but I don’t think that’s especially important to your scenario. Where would M be if she had been kidnapped or held? If the FBI or other LE found financial issues and thought kidnappers were involved, would they be searching the lake?

For my part, I’m glad you have a live child in your scenario :) . MOO
BBM.
I appreciate your query, I need queries!
The lake could be significant for how the totally hypothetical kidnapping occured.
JMO. Trying to explain this logically to myself. There are things that don't add up.

Tonight was tough. The prayer vigil tonight was good in the sense that the community came together for her but it shook me to my core that the ONLY people there to speak personally about Madalina were a woman whose granddaughter had not played with Madeline in 2 1/2 years and a child whose brother was a classmate. No family spoke or were even present, no best friend, no favorite person, nobody that saw her last month, etc. It just made me feel like Madalina was so alone, minus the two people who refuse to say where she is.

Tonight was tough. The prayer vigil tonight was good in the sense that the community came together for her but it shook me to my core that the ONLY people there to speak personally about Madalina were a woman whose granddaughter had not played with Madeline in 2 1/2 years and a child whose brother was a classmate. No family spoke or were even present, no best friend, no favorite person, nobody that saw her last month, etc. It just made me feel like Madalina was so alone, minus the two people who refuse to say where she is.
Glad you were all there for her tonight, but what a devastating experience. It does sound like Madalina was a lonely child. Just heartbreaking.

LE started off their investigation already 3 weeks behind on Day 1; aside from cell phone records/GPS, mom would be their greatest asset / source of information about what really happened. Separating her from her husband, ensuring her safety and gaining her trust would be the best way to get her to feel comfortable opening up and talking. And the easiest way to accomplish or at least begin that separation, safety, and trust would have been to arrest just the husband. Yet, LE didn't seem to go that route; instead arresting both instead of just stepdad.

However, stepdad was arrested several hours (10?) before mom. The timing of that could mean nothing, or it could be that LE was going to try that tactic, but quickly came to the conclusion that tactic wasn't going to work on her or that she was equally complicit/not a victim; her arrest, the phrases in court "begrudgingly reported her daughter missing" "impeding the investigation" and her bond being set 50k higher than stepdad's today leads me to believe that my initial thoughts about mom are true.
This^^^ is what I think LE tried at first. They learned he had just gone on that mysteriously vague road trip, and figured he might have harmed his stepchild.

So they arrested him and told Mom that she was safe now, and could tell them what happened because her scary husband was going to stay locked up while they built the case.

I am guessing, given the recent statements in court about her lack of cooperation, that she didn't take that opportunity.

JMO and It's more of an idea than an opinion.
What if there was some arguing between the parents over Madalina? Maybe the Stepdad said he was going to take her to (insert family member) to get her out of the way as he felt she was taking up too much of the mother's time or felt she was misbehaving and needed time with strict grandma or the like. He told Mum that if she reported her missing, he would (insert threat).
As I said, its just an idea. I get the feeling she is alive somewhere; maybe it's just wishful thinking. The behaviour of the mother doesn't make sense. I know it doesnt in many cases, especially when the mother has done something.
But this feels different somehow as if she knows where she is and knows she's safe but it wasnt her choice and she has been threatened to keep quiet?
JMO
But now that they've both been arrested, wouldn't they speak up to say Nana Cojocari has Madalina, and she is fine?

I wish I could believe she was safe and sound somewhere, but I am not getting that vibe with these two. They could have told the school that right from the start and everything would have been fine as long as the principal or School Resource Officer was able to ZOOM with Madalina and the caregiver.

I think there is more to this dark mess. I read a lot of articles on their spiritual website. Much of it has to do with 'raising up the children' to be young spiritual warriors who need to weather the storm and take on the quest for glory. [whatever any of that spiritual word salad means IDK]

I worry that they tried to do some kind of spiritual exorcism on the child which got out of hand. :(

Last edited:
Any thoughts on how FBI Charlotte has randomly posted about sextortion in between information about this missing child once yesterday and once today?
FBI Charlotte has been issuing those warnings since at least May/June. Also FBI Atlanta, Nashville, Kansas, etc. I think the recent warnings are coming from higher up in the FBI. Getting the word out about schemes targeting boys and a number of which resulted in suicide. It's unrelated to this case.

That poor little girl! Seems like she was very sheltered/controlled. She didn't seem to have any friends. I think the parents are both nutcases and they drew as little attention to themselves as possible. What a miserable way to live for Madalina.

If she's never found and the parents are released, this will follow them. They won't be accepted anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if they get continually targeted no matter where they move.

Not enough info yet, but I would look at insurance policies and whatever information the paternal side can provide regarding this child and her mother, and the mother's family too. Something is really off. With this one I feel like LE might already know,

But now that they've both been arrested, wouldn't they speak up to say Nana Cojocari has Madalina, and she is fine?

I wish I could believe she was safe and sound somewhere, but I am not getting that vibe with these two. They could have told the school that right from the start and everything would have been fine as long as the principal or School Resource Officer was able to ZOOM with Madalina and the caregiver.

I think there is more to this dark mess. I read a lot of articles on their spiritual website. Much of it has to do with 'raising up the children' to be young spiritual warriors who need to weather the storm and take on the quest for glory. [whatever any of that spiritual word salad means IDK]

I worry that they tried to do some kind of spiritual exorcism on the child which got out of hand. :(
I didn’t get a chance to read it all. Any chance they gave her to the Religion?

That could also be on my mind more after watching Unveiled about the La Alex Del Mundo church though.

“The FBI field office in Michigan confirmed to WCNC Charlotte it is assisting the FBI field office in Charlotte with the investigation.”

JMO and It's more of an idea than an opinion.
What if there was some arguing between the parents over Madalina? Maybe the Stepdad said he was going to take her to (insert family member) to get her out of the way as he felt she was taking up too much of the mother's time or felt she was misbehaving and needed time with strict grandma or the like. He told Mum that if she reported her missing, he would (insert threat).
As I said, its just an idea. I get the feeling she is alive somewhere; maybe it's just wishful thinking. The behaviour of the mother doesn't make sense. I know it doesnt in many cases, especially when the mother has done something.
But this feels different somehow as if she knows where she is and knows she's safe but it wasnt her choice and she has been threatened to keep quiet?
JMO
I am not getting that feeling at all. :(

They can certainly speak to detectives, correct? I’m not familiar with FERPA. I’m sure the authorities are seeking info from all who had regular interaction with Madalina. And aren’t school teachers/admin mandatory reporters when they observe concerning things?
Yes they are mandated reporters. However, when issues arise, the school districts often want only their public relations people to do any talking. Helping with an investigation is different from talking to the press.

Not sure why there's eagerness to defend DC. She had three weeks to do something and she didn't. Was protected in the courtroom. Lied to school. End of story. Guilty. Nothing's going to convince me otherwise and seeing all this stuff about how she's a victim is disgusting to me.
There's a big difference between "eagerness to defend DC" and recognizing plausible scenarios that fit within the details of the investigation that we know (and do not know). I haven't seen anyone defending DC, just speculating.

I agree 100%. No clutching at straws here at all. There are 4 kids shown in the video. 3 kids are bundled up in long sleeves, sweaters and hoodies. Madalina in short sleeves--a neglected child, in my opinion.
That is a huge leap based on a middle school kiddo not wearing a hoodie. My 2 high schoolers left the house grudgingly in light jackets and it's 26 degrees here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pennypiper