NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I was referring to accusations of one of the parents abusing the other since, as stated, neglect of a child IS abuse (having spent many years as a Guardian Ad Litem, it is specifically stated as such in the laws of my state).
You previously mentioned that you don't believe there is enough verified information to conclude what happened, whom is responsible, who has knowledge of it and definitely not to make accusations of abuse and/or murder.

- I agree with the 1st part. I have zero idea what happened.

- I partially agree with the 2nd part. I don't know who is responsible. However, I have a good idea and I'm quite comfortable concluding that it was one of 2 people either DC or CP.

- I disagree with the 3rd part - who has knowledge of it. These parents have knowledge of it whatever "it" may be. LE even stated that the parents are clearly not telling what they know.

- I disagree about not having enough information to make accusations that there was abuse or murder. It's true that not much is known at this time. But the simple fact of not reporting your 11 year old missing for over 3 weeks and only doing so begrudgingly, IMO is enough to rationally conclude that there was foul play, likely murder.

That being said, there isn't enough verified LE information to convict DC and/or CP at this time. But accuse or conclude? I believe there is enough to do both.

I have my own theory about what I think happened that is not supported by any actual evidence so I don't want to go too far into it but the only other thing that I would consider, and I give it like a 1% chance, was that Madalina was sold or given to an abuser. I hope I am wrong but this would not be the first time a sexual predator sought out a mother with a young child for the sole purpose of abusing the child. The only person who wouldn't report that they had Madalina, if she's alive, is another kidnapper/abuser.

I usually think these theories are CRAZY but I get a bad feeling about the whole 30/60 mail order bride thing, the family not having friends, the weird plywood partition in the kitchen? All weird to me. Plus I briefly thought about how the guy who kidnapped Shawn Hornbeck kidnapped another child once Shawn got "too old" for him. Abusers can have a preferred victim.

Maybe we will find out she was killed by accident and they are just dumb but I get a dark and twisted feeling here.
@Alethea, being a child sexual abuse survivor myself and having spent years as a Guardian Ad Litem advocating for other abused children, I'm in that same thought boat with you. I just couldn't bring myself to 'like' the possibility.

You previously mentioned that you don't believe there is enough verified information to conclude what happened, whom is responsible, who has knowledge of it and definitely not to make accusations of abuse and/or murder.

- I agree with the 1st part. I have zero idea what happened.

- I partially agree with the 2nd part. I don't know who is responsible. However, I have a good idea and I'm quite comfortable concluding that it was one of 2 people either DC or CP.

- I disagree with the 3rd part - who has knowledge of it. These parents have knowledge of it whatever "it" may be. LE even stated that the parents are clearly not telling what they know.

- I disagree about not having enough information to make accusations that there was abuse or murder. It's true that not much is known at this time. But the simple fact of not reporting your 11 year old missing for over 3 weeks and only doing so begrudgingly, IMO is enough to rationally conclude that there was foul play, likely murder.

That being said, there isn't enough verified LE information to convict DC and/or CP at this time. But accuse or conclude? I believe there is enough to do both.
I sincerely enjoy your posts and genuinely respect your opinion. I simply disagree.

If she has any information at all, about the whereabouts of her daughter, would an attorney actually tell their client to keep their mouth shut, or tell LE all they know?
Well, IMO if she is guilty of harming her daughter the attorney might be advising her to keep her mouth shut and he will wait until he sees what LE has and attempt to make a deal. JMO

I wish we knew more about DC and CP, to possibly shed more light on how they could have gone from being "the family next door" in the suburbs to this nightmare.

It appears that CP is one of eleven kids and has lived in Michigan and North Carolina, college educated. He was in his fifties when he married DC. So I wonder if he was married before and, if so, what his ex/s and any possible grown kids would say about him. Also, it appears he may have been out of work for a couple of years when Madalina went missing. If that's accurate, I wonder what's going on there or if he just retired.

If this marriage is what it looks like, "mail order bride" from a poor country, and the large age gap, that does seem "transactional" or red-flaggish to me.

Her background: Both of her parents are living though perhaps divorced(?), and she also has a brother and sister in Moldova. I didn't find anything about Madalina's bio father. DC is/was in a possibly fringey religion, Revival Flame.

We don't have info., as far as I know, about substance abuse, prior arrests or mental problems for either.

I wish we knew more about DC and CP, to possibly shed more light on how they could have gone from being "the family next door" in the suburbs to this nightmare.

It appears that CP is one of eleven kids and has lived in Michigan and North Carolina, college educated. He was in his fifties when he married DC. So I wonder if he was married before and, if so, what his ex/s and any possible grown kids would say about him. Also, it appears he may have been out of work for a couple of years when Madalina went missing. If that's accurate, I wonder what's going on there or if he just retired.

If this marriage is what it looks like, "mail order bride" from a poor country, and the large age gap, that does seem "transactional" or red-flaggish to me.

Her background: Both of her parents are living though perhaps divorced(?), and she also has a brother and sister in Moldova. I didn't find anything about Madalina's bio father. DC is/was in a possibly fringey religion, Revival Flame.

We don't have info., as far as I know, about substance abuse, prior arrests or mental problems for either.
Love the info!

Revival Flame interests me: i cant figure out what they're really about at a quick glance. Going to dig further (maybe at a later time..) but other than their page not much comes up about them at all

I’ve been following this case since it was reported but just don’t even know what to say. If they killed Madalina then why not come up with some sort of story at least? Why didn’t they just tell the school they moved out of state? Or why didn’t they call police when she died and then pretend she never came home from school? It seems to me they did about the dumbest thing they could have done if they killed her.

But if they didn’t kill her, I’m even more confused by their actions.
I'm as baffled as you.

I can't see them as working together in this possible cover up because they haven't even gotten a story together to try and stave off authorities. It is very unusual.

But if they are not working on this together, then can it be true that there are two parents that wouldn't bother calling for help when their 11 yr old goes missing? Sad to ponder...

with all respect to differences, and I am by no means defending but I'd probably ask the media to go away too. Shooing could be cultural, generational, we can't know how we would behave in this situation IMO. Might be equal to giving the finger perhaps, which I can see people doing when the media are hounding.

The media are not there to help find Madalina but to get the dirtier side of the story IMO
If the parents believe their child is truly missing and could be found safe and sound, then wouldn't they want the press to publish as many stories as possible, in order to get the word out?

That is the very unusual and odd thing about this case so far. Neither patent reported the 11 yr old missing and when authorities do find out neither are actually helping them try and find out what happened, apparently.

If the parents believe their child is truly missing and could be found safe and sound, then wouldn't they want the press to publish as many stories as possible, in order to get the word out?

That is the very unusual and odd thing about this case so far. Neither patent reported the 11 yr old missing and when authorities do find out neither are actually helping them try and find out what happened, apparently.
RBBM
The way you have worded that made me think.
JMO
I'm still not convinced there is not a third party involved. Someone they are both aware of.
Can someone please tell me how it is not a kidnap/ransom/keep quiet situation? I'm genuinely asking because I'm going for the null hypothesis route and I need feedback.

RBBM
JMO
I'm still not convinced there is not a third party involved. Someone they are both aware of.
Can someone please tell me how it is not a kidnap/ransom/keep quiet situation? I'm genuinely asking because I'm going for the null hypothesis route and I need feedback.
I personally think that M wasn't reported because she wasn't missing. The parents caused harm and were taking the time that they had to get rid of any and all evidence. They had over 3 weeks. If they had made it past that last hurdle with the school, this case wouldn't even be on the radar.

HOWEVER, I did throw out a possible "kidnap/keep quiet" theory in an earlier thread. DC said that CP put their family in danger. I don't know how it was stated exactly but I read it as though there was possibly danger from potentially a 3rd party. And that is the absolute only reason that I could imagine for why the parents would stay silent. If they believe Madalina is still alive and they believe if they talk, she will be killed.

It's a nice theory but there are enough things wrong with it that I'd give it 1% probability.

I personally think that M wasn't reported because she wasn't missing. The parents caused harm and were taking the time that they had to get rid of any and all evidence. They had over 3 weeks. If they had made it past that last hurdle with the school, this case wouldn't even be on the radar.

HOWEVER, I did throw out a possible "kidnap/keep quiet" theory in an earlier thread. DC said that CP put their family in danger. I don't know how it was stated exactly but I read it as though there was possibly danger from potentially a 3rd party. And that is the absolute only reason that I could imagine for why the parents would stay silent. If they believe Madalina is still alive and they believe if they talk, she will be killed.

It's a nice theory but there are enough things wrong with it that I'd give it 1% probability.
That is what I am asking for. What things?
Why can this not be possible?
ETA: I'm genuinely asking for logical help with this. Why is this NOT possible?

RBBM
JMO
I have been trying to come up with a reasonable scenario for a 3rd party, maybe hostage/ransom situation. What makes no sense to me is 2 odd things-----One, I'd think the parents would come together to try and save their girl, but these 2 are not on the same page at all.

And two, I'd think if that was true, and Mom was trying to keep quiet to save her daughter's life, wouldn't Mom try and come up with a reasonable story to stave off school authorities in order to protect her child?

Your first paragraph does ring true for me in some ways. Except that they don't seem to be working together in any way. So it baffles me.

The 3rd party scenario could be true I suppose, but it is a long shot, I agree. But in some ways, it is the only thing that makes sense, unless both parents are cold hearted weirdos. So maybe there is something to it?

I am not sure anyone can say it is not at all possible. But I don't think it is probable.

It is however possible and there have been some cases like this, but I think it is pretty rare.

My main problem with this scenario in this case is that these two people did not seem like they were trying to protect their missing child from harm by a kidnapper. In other words, they didn't try and prevent the school from raising an alarm by giving a reasonable explanation for her absence. And they didn't secretly reach out to authorities to get some professional help in hostage negotiations. And the parents never even reached out to each other at the start to try and see what the other knew---mom waited 2 days to even ask stepdad if he had her child with him?

Last edited:
There's a remote possibility but some of the reasons why I don't think it's plausible -

1 - it's been 5 weeks now. If someone is holding your child for ransom or another reason and it's been 5 weeks, maybe you should start involving the FBI. Especially if now you're in jail. A little truth might go a long way.

2 - CP said that he hadn't seen Madalina since 11/16. They lived in the same house. How could that be possible? We saw her on the school bus on 11/21 so why did their paths never cross? There's a strange discrepancy there.

3 ,4, 5 - Burning things in the yard, sudden trip to Michigan "alone", plywood in the kitchen - all of these things are suspicious even though we don't know exactly what they mean. They don't sound relevant to a kidnapping.

6 - If Madalina was kidnapped, was that before or after CP made that trip to MI to "retrieve things"? The fact that DC never called him from the Nov 24-27 is bizarre. Yet supposedly, when he got back on the 27th and they both asked each other if the other one had hidden her and they both said no. Did they assume at that point that she had been kidnapped? Had they not heard from the kidnappers? Do the kidnappers want anything other than Madalina?

I mean, it's a theory but it still doesn't line up. IMO, just as many flaws as DC and CP trying to play innocent acting like they don't know anything.

RSBM

A child is missing, her parents refuse to assist LE in locating her, and extended family tells media to go away.
Yep, seems reasonable to me.

:mad: The heck is wrong with these people?
Family members did release a heartfelt statement to the press via the FBI although it wasn't stated which parent's family they were. Does anyone know?

What was this household doing for income? Was something nefarious happening on a couch in a partitioned room off the kitchen? If so, did something violent occur there? I wonder how many visitors this house had. So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member