NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the two accused not have to appear for their hearing? Were they permitted to opt-out and their attorneys appeared before the judge in their place?
Unless the judge specifically requests otherwise you can usually have your attorney appear on your behalf.

On the other question above, I believe "APT" would be appointed.

So it appears DC has a public defender and CP a private one, unless CP's is court appointed. Not sure about the abbreviation of "APT" with respect to Atty Roseman.

Mecklenburg County Public Defender Directory — Mecklenburg Defenders

Roseman Law Firm - Criminal Defense Lawyer Charlotte NC
I think you are right. I looked up "APT" and it appears to just mean "appointed," but it does seem different from her "PD" (public defender).

So, he hires a private attorney for himself but leaves his wife to get a public defender? Looks like a rift is developing between them right there, if you ask me. Hmm...

Last edited:
I think you are right. I looked up "APT" and it appear to just mean "appointed," but it's does seem different from her "PD" (public defender).

So, he hires a private attorney for himself but leaves her to get a public defender? Looks like a rift is developing between them right there, if you ask me. Hmm...
Oh....I think it will be each person for himself/herself now.

JMO I'm not seeing much that's different from what we've all seen in cases here; a child is reported missing at a time where someone expects to see them and the parents cannot produce them. I can name at least two others off the top of my head. It often seems to coincide with holidays, which makes sense.

In this case it was the school, not relatives who were looking to place eyes on Madalina. If the school had not pursued seeing her in person would the parents have reported her missing? Is this really about a parent who's from a foreign country and doesn't know better or is it just another case of a child disappearing and the parents lying through their teeth? MOO

Police have said the girls' school reached out to her parents several times between Nov. 23 and Dec. 15.

Now we wait to see which of them tries to get themselves a better deal for themselves by being first to "remember" what happened to Madalina.
Agreed. IMO, this is where the involvement of attorneys can help move things along. As they each advocate for their respective client it tends to widen the gap. JMO

twitter said family ,are we sure it's her parents? I think it's someone else. Someone here in the US
Yes. However,I will repost my earlier reporter's tweet below in which he referred to her parents as giving the shoo hand signal............ If you do not believe the reporter, You are free to think it's someone else who did the shoo-shooing..

@DerekDlngr
·
55m

Replying to
@DerekDlngr
Of note—family of Diana Cojocari appeared to be in the courtroom. When asked for a comment, we were told, verbatim, “you need to go away”. We were then given the ‘shoo’ motion by the individuals.

Last edited:
I’ve been following this case since it was reported but just don’t even know what to say. If they killed Madalina then why not come up with some sort of story at least? Why didn’t they just tell the school they moved out of state? Or why didn’t they call police when she died and then pretend she never came home from school? It seems to me they did about the dumbest thing they could have done if they killed her.

But if they didn’t kill her, I’m even more confused by their actions.

So it appears DC has a public defender and CP a private one, unless CP's is court appointed. Not sure about the abbreviation of "APT" with respect to Atty Roseman.

Mecklenburg County Public Defender Directory — Mecklenburg Defenders

Roseman Law Firm - Criminal Defense Lawyer Charlotte NC
I think you're right that CP's attorney was appointed. I don't know about this case but we've seen others in the past where the Public Defender's office either had a conflict of interest or ran out of attorneys so they enlisted some from the private sector to step in pro bono.

It kind of makes sense since one of the tweets upthread pointed out a packed courtroom due to holiday backup. But if CP did actually hire a private attorney for himself then I'd say he's looking to throw his wife under the bus. Let's hope one of them decides to deal...

I will repost the reporter's tweet below in which he referred to her parents............
@DerekDlngr
·
55m

Replying to
@DerekDlngr
Of note—family of Diana Cojocari appeared to be in the courtroom. When asked for a comment, we were told, verbatim, “you need to go away”. We were then given the ‘shoo’ motion by the individuals.
Right, says family. not parents. It could mean any family member and I believe she has a family member in the US. I don't believe her parents want anything to do with this, but, that's only my opinion.

Madalina Cojocari’s parents must surrender passports as conditions of their bonds, a judge announced Wednesday in Mecklenburg County court. No other action was taken by the state or the defense besides Judge Paulina Havelka’s announcement. It was Madalina’s parents’ second court date since their arrest. Neither parent appeared in court
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article270499217.html

Madalina Cojocari’s parents must surrender passports as conditions of their bonds, a judge announced Wednesday in Mecklenburg County court. No other action was taken by the state or the defense besides Judge Paulina Havelka’s announcement. It was Madalina’s parents’ second court date since their arrest. Neither parent appeared in court
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article270499217.html
Also, now Christopher Palmiter will have electronic monitoring too, if he bonds out. (If anyone doesn't remember, earlier only Diana Cojocari had that stipulation).

Right, says family. not parents. It could mean any family member and I believe she has a family member in the US. I don't believe her parents want anything to do with this, but, that's only my opinion.
OK. Thanks for clarification. I somehow believed a parent recently came to U.S. to be morally supportive.

with all respect to differences, and I am by no means defending but I'd probably ask the media to go away too. Shooing could be cultural, generational, we can't know how we would behave in this situation IMO. Might be equal to giving the finger perhaps, which I can see people doing when the media are hounding.

The media are not there to help find Madalina but to get the dirtier side of the story IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member