NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both on the docket for 3:00pm tomorrow.
Hmm. I see that. Also, on their jail inmate sheets (post #841) it still says 9 am. ?

Do you have the docket pages for 9 am tomorrow? I'm wondering if they changed the time or if they would possibly have two hearings on the same day for some reason. I don't really know how it works.

Last edited:
Other than speculation, have there been ANY statements made by LE or any evidence that DC was abused or experiencing trauma?

I know that her Dad made a comment that CP didn't like for them to speak and she tended to communicate when CP wasn't around. That was hearsay though. Her Dad also said that they seemed content and were always going to this place or that place.

So much of this thread is discussing abusive relationships, domestic violence, etc. Why? LE hasn't said anything about that. DC hasn't said anything about that. Neighbors haven't said anything about that.

Is there a possibility that DC was abused? Absolutely and I'm not saying that she wasn't. But unless DC says that CP could be violent at times or unless a friend/family/neighbor says they saw something or unless LE alludes to that...I don't understand why half of this thread seems to be so focused on it.
Have there been any LE statements of significance at all?

The thread is not discussing any particular theory/speculation more than any other.
Mostly, people are speculating ideas or situations to try and figure out what is going on here. It's not black and white. That much is obvious.
As much as you are right in saying that discussing one kind of theory over another, knowing that LE hasn't mentioned it, means it is not fact or true. In reality, LE hasn't really mentioned much at all!
This leads me to believe they know a lot more than the public does.
Until we have some solid evidence either way, we can only speculate, regardless of how you feel.

Have there been any LE statements of significance at all?

The thread is not discussing any particular theory/speculation more than any other.
Mostly, people are speculating ideas or situations to try and figure out what is going on here. It's not black and white. That much is obvious.
As much as you are right in saying that discussing one kind of theory over another, knowing that LE hasn't mentioned it, means it is not fact or true. In reality, LE hasn't really mentioned much at all!
This leads me to believe they know a lot more than the public does.
Until we have some solid evidence either way, we can only speculate, regardless of how you feel.
I thought the Cornelius Police update today was interesting. They ended it saying "This is a serious case of a child whose parents are clearly not telling us everything they know."

I realize that this was quite obvious already but I thought it was interesting that LE said it blatantly like they did.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but this mother deserves no sympathy or excuses for her current predicament. I’m tired of giving people like this the benefit of the doubt. Absolutely nothing would stop a loving mother telling police what happened to her daughter, abused or not. I see nothing but CYA from mum and step dad. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what language you speak, religion, your work status, how much money you have etc, loving your child is universal. Some people are just not good humans and their children suffer. No person with morals and love could sleep at night knowing their child is gone. Moo

"
Diana Cojocari said she went to check on her daughter at about 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 24, but the girl wasn't in her room, according to the arrest sheet. Police said Diana Cojocari told them that she'd waited until Palmiter returned home, at about 7 p.m. on Nov. 26, to ask if he knew where Madalina Cojocari was.

Police "asked Diana why she did not report Madalina missing until" mid-December, and she "stated she was worried it might start a 'conflict' between her and Christopher," officials wrote in the arrest sheet."

I know this has been discussed. But why wait for him to come home to see if he knew where she was? We are in 2022, why not call his phone? Why was DC more concerned with a conflict with CP than with MC? UGH!!!!! MOO

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but this mother deserves no sympathy or excuses for her current predicament. I’m tired of giving people like this the benefit of the doubt. Absolutely nothing would stop a loving mother telling police what happened to her daughter, abused or not. I see nothing but CYA from mum and step dad. It doesn’t matter where you are from, what language you speak, religion, your work status, how much money you have etc, loving your child is universal. Some people are just not good humans and their children suffer. No person with morals and love could sleep at night knowing their child is gone. Moo
Mother's behavior and statements have been unusual and illogical for a caring mother. What she says makes no sense! So, some of us have attempted to work out the "why" behind her unreasonable behavior. In our discussions we have made no excuses for mother We are trying to theorize a motivation. Our only sympathy is for Madalina.

Last edited:
"
Diana Cojocari said she went to check on her daughter at about 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 24, but the girl wasn't in her room, according to the arrest sheet. Police said Diana Cojocari told them that she'd waited until Palmiter returned home, at about 7 p.m. on Nov. 26, to ask if he knew where Madalina Cojocari was.

Police "asked Diana why she did not report Madalina missing until" mid-December, and she "stated she was worried it might start a 'conflict' between her and Christopher," officials wrote in the arrest sheet."

I know this has been discussed. But why wait for him to come home to see if he knew where she was? We are in 2022, why not call his phone? Why was DC more concerned with a conflict with CP than with MC? UGH!!!!! MOO
This clearly makes no sense and defies logic. So, how are we to understand "why"?

I think that anyone openly speculating that DC may have been the victim of DV is doing so because that might explain the otherwise totally inexcusable reason for not reporting her child missing. I get that, and I appreciate the complexities of a situation where that might be the case. As much as I can "get" it, that is.

That said, LE have given the public zero reason to assume this is the case.
Likewise, they've given the public zero reason to believe this isn't the case.
Essentially, we know nothing.

Nothing except Madalina is missing, and her parents are keeping their mouths shut about it, forcing LE to spend hundreds of investigative hours, conduct hundreds of interviews, and more, in an attempt to locate this child.

They're both due in court today but I don't know if that means we'll learn anything new. Maybe @Alethea can weigh in on that?

DC and CP are supposed to have a bond hearing today (at either 9 am or 3 pm). We already know their bond is set at $250,000 (plus monitoring device) for her and $200,000 for him, so what is this bond hearing for? Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Sickening.
I had a lot to say and realized that it was just too biased based off of my own personal experiences.
Madalina I am so so sorry.
I pretty much agree with you. Many people don't realize how absolutely crippling fear can become. It can irrationally override simple actions. But even as strong as that can be, protection of one's child can be just as strong or even stronger.

The parents’ behavior is so so alien to normal human behavior. Anywhere…no matter the culture.
Are they both mentally challenged in some way? There has been no indication of this.
Are they both drug addicts or alcoholics? Again, not that we’ve heard of.
Are they under the influence of some charismatic person or group or cult? I haven’t heard that.
But they are apparently stupid, because they seemed to believe no one was ever going to question them about where their daughter was.
They most certainly know where their child is.

I'm not convinced DC is remaining quiet out of loyalty to CP. She, obviously, knew Madalina was missing and did not report it until forced to do so (and that's a crime she should absolutely have been charged with). CP did/didn't do the same and should also have been charged (and he was).

So the question is, obviously, why did neither call police and/or school and/or ask a neighbor to call, etc.? And the more important question is where is Madalina?

There have been many theories proposed and discussed here, but aside from Madalina still being missing (AFAWK), we have ZERO LE-verified evidence to assert any opinion/theory is more correct than another. We have ZERO LE-verified evidence to assert one parent is more to blame than the other. Both are hindering the investigation by remaining silent (AFAWK). We have ZERO LE-verified evidence of abuse (neglect is abuse) from either parent or from one spouse towards the other.

IMO, speculating is different than having drawn a final conclusion regarding anyone or anything (except LE stating that Madalina is still missing and one or both parents are not being helpful in locating her) with ZERO concrete evidence to backup flat out accusations towards one (or even both) having harmed/killed/hidden her. Is it likely that at least one of the parents knows exactly what happened and exactly where she is? Absolutely. Do we have hard LE-verified evidence about which parent did what and/or which parent has knowledge regarding Madalina's location (or if both know what happened and both know where she is)? No.

In fact, LE is still asking for fliers to be posted, etc. At the time of this post, LE hasn't announced their belief that Madalina is deceased, nor have they charged anyone with abuse or kidnapping or murder. Of course LE knows much more than we do...which is why it perplexes me that ANY of us can point a finger and accuse either parent of having abused and/or killed Madalina. Right now, we just simply do not know.

Could CP have been abusive and controlling towards DC? Towards Madalina? Yes.
Could DC have been abusive and controlling towards CP? Towards Madalina? Yes.
Could both CP and DC have been abusive and controlling towards one another? Yes.
Could both CP and DC have been abusive and controlling towards Madalina? Yes.
Could CP be guilty of harming and disposing of Madalina on his own? Yes.
Could DC be guilty of harming and disposing of Madalina on her own? Yes.
Could CP's trip have been undertaken to carry out harming and/or disposing of Madalina? Yes.
Could CP's trip have been completely innocent and coincidental? Yes.
Could DC be remaining quiet, because she truly doesn't know what happened and/or where Madalina is? Yes.
Could CP be remaining quiet, because he truly doesn't know what happened and/or where Madalina is? Yes.
Could CP be remaining quiet because he's been advised to do so by legal counsel? Yes.
Could DC be remaining quiet because she's been advised to do so by legal counsel? Yes.
Could DC be remaining quiet because she knows Madalina is safe and feels her silence continues to keep Madalina safe? Yes.
Could CP be remaining quiet because he knows Madalina is safe and feels his silence continues to keep Madalina safe? Yes.
Could either be remaining silent because they are hiding Madalina from the other out of spite? Yes.
Could either be remaining silent because they truly loved Madalina and the idea of something having happened to her (regardless who may have caused her harm and/or to disappear) leaves him/her/both feeling they have nothing left to lose and are despondent and/or stuck in a traumatic 'frozen' response? Yes.
Could a cultish group/beliefs/organization be involved in some way(s)? Yes.

We ALL want Madalina to be alive and safe. We know something has happened to her. We are all free to speculate and form opinions. I, personally, do NOT believe there is enough LE-verified information (as of this post) to draw a conclusion about what happened to Madalina and/or whom is responsible and/or has knowledge of it...and definitely not to make accusations of abuse and/or murder. JMOO.

I'm not convinced DC is remaining quiet out of loyalty to CP. She, obviously, knew Madalina was missing and did not report it until forced to do so (and that's a crime she should absolutely have been charged with). CP did/didn't do the same and should also have been charged (and he was).

So the question is, obviously, why did neither call police and/or school and/or ask a neighbor to call, etc.? And the more important question is where is Madalina?

There have been many theories proposed and discussed here, but aside from Madalina still being missing (AFAWK), we have ZERO LE-verified evidence to assert any opinion/theory is more correct than another. We have ZERO LE-verified evidence to assert one parent is more to blame than the other. Both are hindering the investigation by remaining silent (AFAWK). We have ZERO LE-verified evidence of abuse (neglect is abuse) from either parent or from one spouse towards the other.

IMO, speculating is different than having drawn a final conclusion regarding anyone or anything (except LE stating that Madalina is still missing and one or both parents are not being helpful in locating her) with ZERO concrete evidence to backup flat out accusations towards one (or even both) having harmed/killed/hidden her. Is it likely that at least one of the parents knows exactly what happened and exactly where she is? Absolutely. Do we have hard LE-verified evidence about which parent did what and/or which parent has knowledge regarding Madalina's location (or if both know what happened and both know where she is)? No.

In fact, LE is still asking for fliers to be posted, etc. At the time of this post, LE hasn't announced their belief that Madalina is deceased, nor have they charged anyone with abuse or kidnapping or murder. Of course LE knows much more than we do...which is why it perplexes me that ANY of us can point a finger and accuse either parent of having abused and/or killed Madalina. Right now, we just simply do not know.

Could both CP and DC have been abusive and controlling towards one another? Yes.
Could CP's trip have been undertaken to carry out harming and/or disposing of Madalina? Yes.
Could DC be remaining quiet, because she truly doesn't know what happened and/or where Madalina is? Yes.
Could CP be remaining quiet, because he truly doesn't know what happened and/or where Madalina is? Yes.
Could CP be remaining quiet because he's been advised to do so by legal counsel? Yes.
Could DC be remaining quiet because she's been advised to do so by legal counsel? Yes.
Could DC be remaining quiet because she knows Madalina is safe and feels her silence continues to keep Madalina safe? Yes.
Could CP be remaining quiet because he knows Madalina is safe and feels his silence continues to keep Madalina safe? Yes.
Could either be remaining silent because they are hiding Madalina from the other out of spite? Yes.
Could either be remaining silent because they truly loved Madalina and the idea of something having happened to her (regardless who may have caused her harm and/or to disappear) leaves him/her/both feeling they have nothing left to lose and are despondent and/or stuck in a traumatic 'frozen' response? Yes.

We ALL want Madalina to be alive and safe. We know something has happened to her. We are all free to speculate and form opinions. I, personally, do NOT believe there is enough LE-verified information (as of this post) to draw a conclusion about what happened to Madalina and/or whom is responsible and/or has knowledge of it...and definitely not to make accusations of abuse and/or murder. JMOO.
I do believe we can ethically discuss general abuse since (as you stated yourself) neglect is indeed abuse, and they've been arrested for such neglect.
Moo

BBM:
Thanks for your great post. I think we are a respectful group of posters on this thread, respectful enough to not make accusations. What I love about WS posters is we are careful to limit our comments to opinions, concerns and wonderment about the actors in this bizarre case. We do not make accusations. However, Opinions are encouraged.

Last edited:
They're both due in court today but I don't know if that means we'll learn anything new. Maybe @Alethea can weigh in on that?
Snipped. If it's a bond hearing, the defense has the right to challenge that the bond is inappropriate based on the charges that have been filed. I don't know if they have counsel yet but we may find that out today if the hearing happens. Defendants can also waive these hearings if they don't think they have a reasonable basis to get the bond lowered.

Probably a slim chance but there is a tiny chance if the defense challenges the bond as inappropriate, the state may respond that additional charges are being considered or make some other comment. In the Harmony Montgomery case in NH, prosecutors kept charging her dad and step-mom with every type of crime they could think of and asked for no or high bail stating in open court that they were the only people with information about their missing and/or dead child. It was real clear what they were doing and it eventually worked since step-mom is apparently cooperating now!

I appreciate your well-thought-out and logical post. I would draw the sad conclusion that Madalina is not with us because an 11-year-old cannot hide out alone and needs adults to take care of her. Because her only 2 caregivers are jailed and not talking, the only logical conclusion I can reach is she has come to harm, even if LE cannot confirm that to the public yet. I desperately hope she is with family or friends, happy and healthy somewhere. But I fear that is statistically nearly impossible.
Jmo

I hear ya, but I will say that generally here on WS if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it's more than likely a duck. I'm not a juror, I don't need to worry about reasonable doubt or other things such as innocent until proven guilty. When you come here for years and read case after case after case after case about children being murdered by their own parents (whether it be through systemic longstanding abuse or a moment of passion), it becomes very easy to make these assumptions. Plus, with WS rules, we are all held to a pretty high standard so it's not like we can just baselessly accuse whoever we want.

I appreciate your well-thought-out and logical post. I would draw the sad conclusion that Madalina is not with us because an 11-year-old cannot hide out alone and needs adults to take care of her. Because her only 2 caregivers are jailed and not talking, the only logical conclusion I can reach is she has come to harm, even if LE cannot confirm that to the public yet. I desperately hope she is with family or friends, happy and healthy somewhere. But I fear that is statistically nearly impossible.
Jmo
I have my own theory about what I think happened that is not supported by any actual evidence so I don't want to go too far into it but the only other thing that I would consider, and I give it like a 1% chance, was that Madalina was sold or given to an abuser. I hope I am wrong but this would not be the first time a sexual predator sought out a mother with a young child for the sole purpose of abusing the child. The only person who wouldn't report that they had Madalina, if she's alive, is another kidnapper/abuser.

I usually think these theories are CRAZY but I get a bad feeling about the whole 30/60 mail order bride thing, the family not having friends, the weird plywood partition in the kitchen? All weird to me. Plus I briefly thought about how the guy who kidnapped Shawn Hornbeck kidnapped another child once Shawn got "too old" for him. Abusers can have a preferred victim.

Maybe we will find out she was killed by accident and they are just dumb but I get a dark and twisted feeling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky Trout