NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why the mother's bond is higher than the stepfather's. The stepfather's bond is $200,000 but the mother's bond is $250,000 plus the stipulation that she'd have to wear an ankle monitor if she bonds out, which I did not see for him. Just variation due to possibly having different judges or more?
could be that she has closer ties outside the country (flight risk) or that authorities feel she owed her child more than a step parent as her biological mother (her offspring and not his) or that he appeared to be more cooperative and or believable (corroboration is better) than she. ultimately she is responsible for the safety and well being of her child. One thing they both appear to agree is that MC was in the home the night before he left to visit family out of state. The following morning when he left, mommy was the sole adult in charge in that home. Could be one or any other combination of all of those factors.

Why she didn't come up with an excuse I guess might be answered with the other question of why she didn't report her daughter missing in the first place. Since neither make a darned bit of sense. Or why she lied to the school and said she'd bring her in for a meeting.

Obviously she was covering for someone, either herself or her husband but why not just say "I think he killed her" or something, anything, other than literally nothing at all to help LE find her? I suspect eventually the entire truth will come out and it still won't make a lick of sense as to why she didn't step up for her daughter.

jmo
Right, I think there are a couple of scenarios that would fit the evidence as we know it now. None of them are good, but they are plausible. I just meant my comment to show that there isn't one theory that's better than the rest. I haven't seen one comment making an excuse for why the mother didn't report her child missing. I have seen people exploring WHAT ON EARTH could make a person act like that.

I think everyone would agree that if we came home and our child was missing, we would call 911 in very short order in a panic that our sweet baby was gone. Maybe some of us would call friends and family too if our child was known to walk away. Maybe we'd check the backyard or the neighbor's. If we KNEW someone hurt our child, we'd call 911. That's just what you do.

But here, she didn't do that. The normal and predictable course was not followed. Most people seem to agree that either she did it herself or she was involved (directly or after the fact). Those are three plausible scenarios!

DC appears to me (from what we've all seen of her in the MSM links shared) to be a competent and capable adult, who has lived in the US for many years, at least since 2017 when she signed her name alongside CP to buy the house MC went missing from. She may have been raised in a different culture, but we have zero evidence to suggest she even needed resources that were available to her.

jmo
I think she has lived in the US long enough to know where to get help - if she really had wanted to get help.

After listening to DC's FB video in full a couple of times, I think she was kind of preaching that violence is a primitive way of dealing with the intense emotions that we all have, and that it's better to process those emotions by meditating or thinking happy thoughts. It sounded a little airy-fairy to me tbh but I think it's a stretch to connect the video alone to her normalizing violence in her own personal life.
RSBBM
Not trying to make excuses for DC, but the date of that video (July 8, 2020) is not far removed from the protests and rioting after the murder of George Floyd, so maybe that motivated her to make such musings. MOO

edited to correct date from 7/9 to 7/8

Last edited:
I think she has lived in the US long enough to know where to get help - if she really had wanted to get help.
I (respectfully) disagree. I think not being a native severely impacts the kind of resources shes even aware of.

We learn about domestic violence and abuse from schools and seminars and socialization yk? Any time I recall being told where to get DV help, what the signs of abuse are, how LE and other agencies can help in those situations, etc, its always from my childhood growing up in America. She doesnt have this, she grew up somewhere else, where maybe there are completely different additudes and rules around DV.

Imo (NOT forgiving her.) she probably DIDNT have access to those resources. As an adult, she isnt being socialized into American society the same way. She came in not having gone to US schools or learning US laws her whole life; shes isolated, married before she even met him to a man who's twice her age. I doubt she had a lot in the way of friends or hobbies outside the home; who would tell her what to do? Express concern for her?

I believe shes at fault and I'm not saying shes free of guilt *if she is involved*, <modsnip>

All MOO!

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, as I am not verified as a former guidance counselor, here is what I imagine happened at the school on the day Madalina was reported missing:

(Phone from secretary): Madalina’s mom is here to see you.

Counselor: Thanks, send her in. (Has already spoken to student’s teachers, reviewed attendance record, looked at file for any indications of problems at home or in school, reviewed SAP records, contacted elementary counselor and/or last year’s teacher.)

Counselor: Hi Ms. C, is Madalina with you? I hope she’s not still feeling poorly.

Ms. C: Oh, she’s still got the flu, so I left her at home.

Counselor: I’m sorry to hear that! Do you have a doctor’s note? As we discussed, you’re facing a truancy hearing if we can’t justify her absence. Did you look at the packet we left for you?

Ms. C: Actually, I haven’t seen Madalina since before Thanksgiving. I’ve been reporting her absent thinking she would come home.

Counselor: Madalina is eleven years old, correct? And you haven’t seen her since before Thanksgiving (checks attendance records again).

Ms. C: No.

Counselor: I see here that she missed a day prior to Thanksgiving break. When was the last time you saw her?

Ms. C: Well, she was in her room. My husband and O got into a fight. Then, the next day, he left for Illinois. I thought maybe Madalina was with him.

Counselor: Did you call him to find out?

Ms. C: No. We had just had a fight, and I didn’t want to rock the boat. So I just reported her absent and waited for him to come home.

Counselor: And he came home when? And was Madalina with him?

Ms. C: No. He came home the Saturday after Thanksgiving, and I asked him where she was and he said he didn’t know.

Counselor: So you haven’t seen her in three weeks? And you don’t know where she is?

Ms. C: No.

Counselor: Well, this is very concerning, Ms. C. Do you know where Madalina might be? Could she have run off to friends or family?

Ms. C: I don’t think so. We don’t have anybody nearby.

Counselor: I’m going to call the school resource officer in. I’m very concerned. Can you get you husband here to talk to us?

Ms. C: I’ll try.

And I think we have records for the rest. All just IME, and speculation, take it for what it’s worth.

Right, I think there are a couple of scenarios that would fit the evidence as we know it now. None of them are good, but they are plausible. I just meant my comment to show that there isn't one theory that's better than the rest. I haven't seen one comment making an excuse for why the mother didn't report her child missing. I have seen people exploring WHAT ON EARTH could make a person act like that.

I think everyone would agree that if we came home and our child was missing, we would call 911 in very short order in a panic that our sweet baby was gone. Maybe some of us would call friends and family too if our child was known to walk away. Maybe we'd check the backyard or the neighbor's. If we KNEW someone hurt our child, we'd call 911. That's just what you do.

But here, she didn't do that. The normal and predictable course was not followed. Most people seem to agree that either she did it herself or she was involved (directly or after the fact). Those are three plausible scenarios!
Agreed with all of this.

I would like to extend the benefit of the doubt but, the fact she chose not to enlist any help, in any way, to locate her missing child... even *after* her possibly abusive husband (totally speculative) was locked up, well, that makes it impossible.

The only legit reason I can think of for her to have not reported her missing, is because she wasn't just missing but dead, and she knew it.

jmo

Agreed with all of this.

I would like to extend the benefit of the doubt but, the fact she chose not to enlist any help, in any way, to locate her missing child... even *after* her possibly abusive husband (totally speculative) was locked up, well, that makes it impossible.

The only legit reason I can think of for her to have not reported her missing, is because she wasn't just missing but dead, and she knew it.

jmo
Full disclosure, I don't think this is the case here, but I think it's an option: if she were abused, particularly if both her and M were abused, she might not just "snap out of it" as soon as her husband is in prison. Particularly if she feels guilty that she was involved or failed to save her daughter.

Look at Jaycee Dugard. She had lots of contact with the outside world and never thought to tell on her abusers. Even when she was alone at the police station she first gave them a fake name. She was alone in a room with the cops and she told them she wanted to speak to Philip before she answered any questions. It seems crazy that you wouldn't just yell "I WAS ABDUCTED 20 YEARS AGO!!" but your brain only cares about survival so you do what you think you need to do to survive.

In this case I can only describe it as "bad vibes" I get from mom where I think she was actively involved. But I don't discount how serious trauma and abuse can change people and make them act in ways that we think are irrational.

Sometimes when things make no sense, the use of logic and reason is ineffective in arriving at an explanation.

I think she is guilty of the charge against her and is probably complicit in a coverup. So far, there hasn't been enough evidence for me to think otherwise.

Investigators have pursued 250 leads, interviewed hundreds of people, knocked on 245 doors and reviewed hours of video trying to find clues on where Madalina Cojocari could be.

“This is a serious case of a child whose parents are clearly not telling us everything they know,” said Capt. Jennifer Thompson, with the Cornelius Police Department.

Until this news changes in a way that explains the behavior of both parties my sympathy lies *only* with Madalina. MOO

After listening to DC's FB video in full a couple of times, I think she was kind of preaching that violence is a primitive way of dealing with the intense emotions that we all have, and that it's better to process those emotions by meditating or thinking happy thoughts. It sounded a little airy-fairy to me tbh but I think it's a stretch to connect the video alone to her normalizing violence in her own personal life.

Does anyone know what her religion or church were? I think I saw it but now I can't find it. Also, if her husband shared her faith? I hope it wasn't some kind of cult.

All MOO
"Does anyone know what her religion or church were? I think I saw it but now I can't find it. Also, if her husband shared her faith? I hope it wasn't some kind of cult."

Yes, actually it was a bit of a cult. Diana lists University of the Spirit U.O.T.S. as where she studied.

Here is an article that was posted upstream about their church: Experts slam 'cult' for exploiting kids

At this point, she doesn't have her daughter and she's sitting in jail. Whoever didn't hurt Madalina needs to talk. My guess is that one hurt her really badly and the other one hid her somewhere. Either way, the chances of her being alive are most likely zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29