NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, parents reported missing Dec 15, last seen at home, Cornelius, 23 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the parents don't seem like criminal masterminds, but they had quite a headstart on LE. I hope that doesn't hinder the investigation.
People discuss and judge why a a relatively young Moldovan woman married (DC) an old American "prince": Moldova is the poorest and the most corrupt country in Europe, an European replica of Guatemala, here's a short video of how <modsnip> Moldova looks like, Moldovan immigrants send money back home to helps the poorest while the corrupt Moldovan political elites lavish in tremendous wealth:

Last edited by a moderator:
People discuss and judge why a a relatively young Moldovan woman married (DC) an old American "prince": Moldova is the poorest and the most corrupt country in Europe, an European replica of Guatemala, here's a short video of <modsnip> Moldova looks like, Moldovan immigrants send money back home to helps the poorest while the corrupt Moldovan political elites lavish in tremendous wealth:
I think it’s important to have a bit of background of where MC and her mother came from, I definitely speculated that she was dependent on her husband and if she would hold her relationship with a man in a higher regard than her duty as a mother…I was wondering about her mental state/self image etc but of course it’s all just speculating MOO

I think it’s important to have a bit of background of where MC and her mother came from, I definitely speculated that she was dependent on her husband and if she would hold her relationship with a man in a higher regard than her duty as a mother…I was wondering about her mental state/self image etc but of course it’s all just speculating MOO

Hold the relationship with the man in a higher regard -- coupled with a serious distrust of government agencies.

Recipe for disaster, imho.

imho, DC would have found support & help from the school & other local groups.

She was perhaps also embarrassed about the choices she had made & possibly continued to make?

Her way out of Moldova didn't work out as she expected -- who can she turn to who won't say "I told you so?" JMho.

When you aren't aware of a way out, and can't see a way out -- you can't get out.

(We've discussed this over on the Josh Dugger thread, regarding his wife Anna.)

Agree with these speculations. I wonder if MC and DC were subservient occupants in this home. I wonder if their lives were controlled by archaic tradition and culture and a demanding head of the household.moo

People discuss and judge why a a relatively young Moldovan woman married (DC) an old American "prince": Moldova is the poorest and the most corrupt country in Europe, an European replica of Guatemala, here's a short video of how <modsnip> Moldova looks like, Moldovan immigrants send money back home to helps the poorest while the corrupt Moldovan political elites lavish in tremendous wealth:
Welcome to WebSleuths @trazom7777 . Thank you for your very informative first post. Except for its geographic location, I admit to knowing little about Moldova. From the video, I have an understanding how DC might have considered herself extremely fortunate to be married to an "old American prince". I think DC was hoping for a much better life for Madalina and herself in America.

Last edited:
Hold the relationship with the man in a higher regard -- coupled with a serious distrust of government agencies.

She was perhaps also embarrassed about the choices she had made & possibly continued to make?

Her way out of Moldova didn't work out as she expected -- who can she turn to who won't say "I told you so?" JMho.

When you aren't aware of a way out, and can't see a way out -- you can't get out.

It’s so important. My advice to all women is to keep some money yourself. Apply for credit cards yourself. Have access to independent money or credit yourself. It doesn’t have to be a lot and you can use it as a little hobby fund while things are good. And if anything ever changes, you don’t need permission to pick up and leave. Of course that’s easier said then done and plenty of women with means are still in abusive relationships, but it’s one step you can plan for in advance. Maybe it will make a difference.

Maybe it's just me, but even if DC was living in the conditions mentioned above, that doesn't give her an out or any kind of excuse when it comes to protecting her daughter.

CP was arrested and hauled off to jail, and DC had every opportunity to spill the beans about what was going on in that house, and where her daughter was... and she said nothing.

Unless information comes to light to prove me wrong, I don't see this woman as any kind of victim in this case.

jmo

Maybe it's just me, but even if DC was living in the conditions mentioned above, that doesn't give her an out or any kind of excuse when it comes to protecting her daughter.

CP was arrested and hauled off to jail, and DC had every opportunity to spill the beans about what was going on in that house, and where her daughter was... and she said nothing.

Unless information comes to light to prove me wrong, I don't see this woman as any kind of victim in this case.

jmo
100% agreed. Being downtrodden doesn’t excuse or even mitigate the abuse of an innocent child. And abuse IMO includes withholding information that would help locate Madalina. JMO

I don’t think anyone here is making excuses for DC’s behavior no matter what the circumstances are, it’s incredibly frustrating though; one or both of these people know what happened IMO.

I just hope DC didn’t feel so helpless that she did something extreme in order to protect Madalina. MOO

That clover picture would be so un-notable IF it was posted before Madalina disappeared. A cute "mommy and daughter found a 4 leaf clover and will have good luck" is now so dark and strange...

Re: the financial situation of DC in Moldova - it sounds like her family is well known and has some means (based on the article talking about their status as musicians). Obviously that doesn't mean her standard of living was good per se, but it maybe wasn't as desperate and helpless as many others experience.
imo

^^ excellent post and I believe that.

Re: the financial situation of DC in Moldova - it sounds like her family is well known and has some means (based on the article talking about their status as musicians). Obviously that doesn't mean her standard of living was good per se, but it maybe wasn't as desperate and helpless as many others experience.
So it seems. They were no poor people.

The only not malicious reason I can think of for why the mother didn't report is green card/immigration status.

From what I could find online and in Romanian-language coverage of the case, Diana Cojocari and her daughter were born in Moldova (or in Diana's case, Moldovan SSR), and Diana and her husband met online and got engaged without meeting in person. This was around 2014. If she came with Madalina to the United States for the purpose of marriage, it's likely that Diana obtained a K-1 "fiancé(e)" visa.

A K-1 visa has two noteworthy conditions on it: 1. You must be marrying for the purpose of establishing a life together and NOT for immigration benefit; and 2. You must have met in person at least once in the two years before you apply for the K-1 visa. It is entirely possible that if Diana was afraid of her husband (as it's been stated in the press), it could be because he could have her (and her child) deported for visa fraud.

Even if Diana's family in Moldova is well off, Moldova is far from the best place to be right now because of the War in Ukraine and its history with pro-Russian separatists (i.e: Transnistria.)

Granted, this is speculative. I haven't seen any sources elaborate on the Cojocaris' immigration status, and they may be full citizens by now. Even then, I would think the fear of being sent back to an impoverished country that's bordering a war zone would be very coercive to many.

The only not malicious reason I can think of for why the mother didn't report is green card/immigration status.

From what I could find online and in Romanian-language coverage of the case, Diana Cojocari and her daughter were born in Moldova (or in Diana's case, Moldovan SSR), and Diana and her husband met online and got engaged without meeting in person. This was around 2014. If she came with Madalina to the United States for the purpose of marriage, it's likely that Diana obtained a K-1 "fiancé(e)" visa.

A K-1 visa has two noteworthy conditions on it: 1. You must be marrying for the purpose of establishing a life together and NOT for immigration benefit; and 2. You must have met in person at least once in the two years before you apply for the K-1 visa. It is entirely possible that if Diana was afraid of her husband (as it's been stated in the press), it could be because he could have her (and her child) deported for visa fraud.

Even if Diana's family in Moldova is well off, Moldova is far from the best place to be right now because of the War in Ukraine and its history with pro-Russian separatists (i.e: Transnistria.)

Granted, this is speculative. I haven't seen any sources elaborate on the Cojocaris' immigration status, and they may be full citizens by now. Even then, I would think the fear of being sent back to an impoverished country that's bordering a war zone would be very coercive to many.
This is so true, Arisam. I have no idea about that Romanian journalist's humbug that DC's family is rich and famous in Moldova. I'm Moldovan-American and know the Moldovan's musical and cultural elites pretty well. Never heard of any Moldovan musician called "Cojocari". Look at DC's father video, he's no musician or wealthy man.

The fact that DC said she was fearful of her husband and stated "she believed her husband put the family in danger" says a lot, imo. I think control and fear by CP could be the key to MC's disappearance and the reason DC failed to report daughter missing. I wonder if Trauma Bonding (aka Stockholm Syndrome) could be the case here. moo

From above post

Mom of Missing N.C. Girl Allegedly Waited Weeks to Tell Police Because She Feared Husband's Reaction​

My thoughts are She is in an abusive relationship and I call BS
JMO

<modsnip>

Personally, I have NO sympathy for either. They both knew that Madalina was missing and neither reported it. Statistically, it's more likely that the stepfather caused harm to Madalina. But statistically, what kind of mother stays silent when her only daughter has been missing for 3 weeks?

IMO, there's no defense no matter what the scenario. No matter what horrific fact anyone uncovers, both DC and CP deserve to stay behind bars. They both had ample opportunity to do something differently and neither did.

Ehhh, most corrupt? Russia is in Europe.

Moldova is, to your point, a well known source and transit location for human trafficking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29