Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grouchymom, do you have the criminal records for KW? I think you had them, but I may be wrong. I was most curious about the one of an assault charge against HC (AW's fiancee). I understand it was dropped because HC didn't appear in court. Just curious if the date of the accusation is around when the children were taken from KW and put with their father.

Forgive me if this has been answered already, I haven't fully caught up yet.

"[FONT=&quot]The documents also mention a history of altercations between Craft and Kristy Woods. Craft said Kristy Woods allegedly tried to run her over in front of the children.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]According to public records, Woods was charged with misdemeanor simple assault and misdemeanor communicating threats in May 2016, but the charges were dismissed in July 2016 when Craft did not appear in court, according to Onslow County clerks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Craft said she’d broken her ankle and didn’t make it to court in time and that calls to court to explain the situation had not been passed on to the courtroom, so by the time she arrived the case had been dismissed."

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter[/FONT]

I can't imagine that it is ok to publish those kids names.

If you want some positives about Mariah, there was this news report done with KW's family in Eastern Kentucky. Some lovely photos and memories shared by this family.
http://www.wymt.com/content/news/3-...issing-family-hopes-for-return-461166553.html

I noticed that one of the aunts (I think that's correct) talked about how loved by the grandmother Mariah was and that she was the only the only girl after many boys. Now I'm wondering if bio mom had a love/hate relationship with her own daughter and felt threatened and replaced on many levels.

I’m so confused.

As far as I can tell, nothing mentions who sexually assaulted the oldest child, right?

And did I read correctly that HC has a child who had also been sexually abused?

And... a missing person... where EK was listed as the victim???

Good grief, some parents can surely mess up their poor kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I realise that it's in MSM, I'm just questioning whether the forum will still allow detailed discussion of it as it involves an ongoing situation that involves SA with a minor child. IMO some of that stuff should be sealed/redacted for the privacy of that child, and I don't personally care that the MSM didn't think so, I just want the mods/Tricia to make the decision on what we talk about here.

We're not talking about a bloodied nose or being beat with a belt any more. This is different.

I'm not the one who makes the rules, I have flagged the discussion though. I would discuss this stuff in the private member-only areas of the forum, and I know logically that it's going to be all over FB and wherever, but this is a child who is a victim, and imho this is a bit too much dirty laundry to be airing in public. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just fuming over the whole situation.

If all of this took place while their divorce was pending, CPS isn't going to pay much attention to allegations without real proof. If it is true that that the dad's girlfriend didn't show up in court on the assault allegation, she must not have cared how that looked to CPS.

BBM. According to this article, HC didn't make it to court on time due to breaking her ankle, and her calls to the courthouse to explain the situation weren't passed on to the judge until after the case had already been dismissed.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

At the bottom of HLN it said that they tried to reach out to the attorney for KW but they received no answer by airtime.

Okay. Call me crazy, but what I'm getting from the highlighted info is that AW was the father of Mariah and the younger son (the 5 year old son). It also implies that the oldest child (that would be the 10-year-old boy) was not AW's child?

Huh? I thought that all three of these children were his and KW's?

The oldest child has the surname Woods.

no. it's just saying that the younger 2 were taken away from KW bc of the risk to them from the oldest child.
Okay. Call me crazy, but what I'm getting from the highlighted info is that AW was the father of Mariah and the younger son (the 5 year old son). It also implies that the oldest child (that would be the 10-year-old boy) was not AW's child?

And this is most probably why mom and EK are saying the child is responsible for what happened to Mariah, as stated by AW.

Even if that is true and the child responsible for Mariah's death, if there was a fear he would harm the other two as a result of his own sexual assault then why were the younger children returned to KW's household? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Can someone hold my hand and explain what the new documents mean?

The oldest son was SA by someone. Who? When?

The oldest son is not AW biological child? Then who's his daddy & why wouldn't CPS place him with his biological parent and not with granny?

RE drug use, people will hide it till the end and drugs like meth and heroin only stay in a person’s system for about 24-36hrs. They have a very short half-life. Methylphenidate/dextroamphetamine (Ritalin, Concerta, Aderall) have the same profile when testing for drugs. IMO there should be a chemical marker in the legitimately prescribed drugs to differentiate from street drugs.

**eta my point is that if mom and EK were doing drugs, with such a short half-life, they would have easily been “clean” when CPS tested them last year.

Even if that is true and the child responsible for Mariah's death, if there was a fear he would harm the other two as a result of his own sexual assault then why were the younger children returned to KW's household? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

No sense at all!

What I do not understand in this case is why Dad's girlfriend didn't show up for court after KW assaulted her. CPS would have to take that seriously because they previously removed the children from her care. And CPS needs to complete an immediate assessment of AW's home so that he can regain custody of his son. It sounds like he tried to gain custody of both boys on Dec. 1 and the Court refused. And because his son doesn't like his girlfriend, perhaps moving her out of the home should be considered.
They're engaged.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nothing about HC having kids and SA.
There is a third party who tried to resolve things with KW and KW allegedly did nothing, so the third party called LE.
I’m so confused.

As far as I can tell, nothing mentions who sexually assaulted the oldest child, right?

And did I read correctly that HC has a child who had also been sexually abused?

And... a missing person... where EK was listed as the victim???

Good grief, some parents can surely mess up their poor kids.

all 3 kids are AW's. we do not know who perpetrated SA on the oldest child. we do know EK physically assaulted the oldest child in June/July of 2016.
Can someone hold my hand and explain what the new documents mean?

The oldest son was SA by someone. Who? When?

The oldest son is not AW biological child? Then who's his daddy & why wouldn't CPS place him with his biological parent and not with granny?

I thought so too and the media sure didn't make the distinction.

I realise that it's in MSM, I'm just questioning whether the forum will still allow detailed discussion of it as it involves an ongoing situation that involves SA with a minor child. IMO some of that stuff should be sealed/redacted for the privacy of that child, and I don't personally care that the MSM didn't think so, I just want the mods/Tricia to make the decision on what we talk about here.

We're not talking about a bloodied nose or being beat with a belt any more. This is different.

I'm not the one who makes the rules, I have flagged the discussion though. I would discuss this stuff in the private member-only areas of the forum, and I know logically that it's going to be all over FB and wherever, but this is a child who is a victim, and imho this is a bit too much dirty laundry to be airing in public. I'm not blaming anyone, I'm just fuming over the whole situation.

I suggest that if you aren't comfortable with the discussion, then don't participate in it. In past cases, we have used initials to discuss sensitive minor related events. While no one wants to be insensitive to the minor, sometimes these things need to be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member