Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #7 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I've mentioned before that I've never used facebook.

Would you know if that was a picture she sought out to post, or if someone else sent it to her and she was liking / copying / sharing it in her group?

Usually a meme like this is shared by someone you know, or shared in a group you are in, and then you like it, you find it funny, it touches you in some way, and you decide to share it with your friends on your page.

KW shared this on her page with her friends, but she found it somewhere else, and we have no way to know where she saw it.

I find it quite unusual to be able to seek out and find the perfect meme at the right time to make a correlatory assertion about a meme, and I find their use extremely prejudicial when used in trials. In the trial for the murder of Bella Bond, the mom had previously shared a meme that said something like "don't cross me, because I know where to bury a body!" Millions of people on FB would have shared that meme and it has zero correlation to the people sharing it being murderers.

I would have interpreted that meme to touch most people in the sense of a breakup of a relationship, and that a lot of people sharing it might be thinking of it in those terms. We have no way of knowing how and why that meme 'touched' KW in the moment when she shared it. It could go to frame of mind if we knew 100% what happened in her life that day or just prior, but we don't know that.

That's a good point. Would explain the extreme bond amount but then again that could also just be a prosecutor grand-standing to show the electorate how "tough" they are.

Lol. Well that too I suppose but I like to think grandstanding would be put aside for the sake of a three year old. Feel like the FBI was pretty instrumental in petitioning for his arrest. His record speaks for itself and his total look of being perturbed to be in court (my interpretation of course) doesn't leave any doubt in my mind. With the CPS documents released too its pretty evident there was a lot of insane stuff happening in that house. He's a sick sick dude. Makes me want to puke. 🤢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^This. Those children were living in a very unhealthy environment so it would be natural for the older boy to get angry and act out. I think KW and the EK are abusing the kids all over again when they point fingers at a child. Instead of admitting defeat , EK and KW will continue to save their own a$$.The children probably never saw any love between the pair and had to roam around in a drug infested home . Many threads ago i stated that the epidemic in today's family culture is spinning out of control and all agencies need to break the cycle otherwise cases will keep happening. WS is full of cases like this. It is so sad. JMO

attachment.php
This one?

And, it looks like it was posted Nov. 19.

Obituary for Mariah. Online guestbook and option to light a candle for this precious girl. [emoji992]

http://www.jonesfh.org/obituary?id=312572

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! There are 68 pages of candles lit and messages left for the family. Breaks my heart. And while I have never met any of these people, I still feel like I have failed Mariah and her siblings.

maybe sneads ferry, where EK's ex-gf lives.

Snead's Ferry is where they got into the altercation, two days after Mariah was reported missing.

The sheriff’s office responded to the 2100 block of N.C. 172 in Sneads Ferry on Nov. 29, two days after Mariah was reported missing, for reports of communicating threats, neighborhood disputes, and a suspicious incident that isn’t elaborated on. CW is named as the victim with AH and Kimrey named as others involved.

http://www.jdnews.com/news/20171205/mariahs-father-speaks-on-cps-documents-memories-of-his-daughter

hm...good post...i've been questioning why they haven't named COD since "he is charged with disposing of a body that died from unnatural causes". if they know her death was "unnatural" that early on they must have SOME idea of how she died. also, his charge of removing her from the scene of her death points to them knowing exactly where she died. so if they have the how and the where, they're obviously struggling with the who. kwim?

I wouldn't make assumptions from whats not happened. I know waiting is hard but charges aren't based on general knowledge and common sense. They could be waiting for things, autopsy, toxicology report, forensic test results, answers on evidence sent out. When the indictment is presented it needs to be pristine with detail and facts to back up facts to back up facts. Cases can fall apart for over one tiny little obscure mistake. Criminal convictions have been appealed and overturned years after for the smallest mistake made going all the way back to the investigation or wording in a document. The indictment will be put under a microscope and dissected as will everything else. I'm glad they are taking their time whatever the results might be.

Ok, so it looks like I was on target about the differences between visitation, viewing, wake, and memorial service. (Part of why this matters is that I am surprised they are having a public visitation. Typically, in a situation like this, there might be a public memorial service after the fact, which does not require, by our cultural norms, for the family to interact with the public.)

Visitations and wakes are different from each other, although I found another article that explains that Americans and Canadians are sometimes using the terms interchangeably, but incorrectly. I think that most of us in the US, unless we have ties to a very strong secondary culture (such as the Irish) have never seen an actual wake except in the movies. Wakes have become more rare. While they do have a religious aspect, I would not say they are common at all among the American Catholic population (unless you are Irish Catholic or have some other cultural background like this).

This article outlines the difference. As I said earlier, I am a bit concerned that AW is in for more than he bargained for with this public visitation. Visitations can be grueling for the family as it is. (Yes, it can also be healing, but your grief is on display face to face with each individual who offers you comfort.) It is not uncommon for the grieving party to end up having to offer comfort to very upset guests. In any case, there are a lot of different reactions to manage. My parents were taking me to visitations as a wee one, and I knew many older people while growing up, so I estimate that I have been to at least 30 of these things in the Midwest and South throughout my life (2 in the last month, 5 in the last 4 years). I have also been in the receiving line many times, so have had experience on both sides.

http://www.perfectmemorials.com/guides/funeral-visitation-and-wake-etiquette-tips/

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Usually a meme like this is shared by someone you know, or shared in a group you are in, and then you like it, you find it funny, it touches you in some way, and you decide to share it with your friends on your page.

KW shared this on her page with her friends, but she found it somewhere else, and we have no way to know where she saw it.

I find it quite unusual to be able to seek out and find the perfect meme at the right time to make a correlatory assertion about a meme, and I find their use extremely prejudicial when used in trials. In the trial for the murder of Bella Bond, the mom had previously shared a meme that said something like "don't cross me, because I know where to bury a body!" Millions of people on FB would have shared that meme and it has zero correlation to the people sharing it being murderers.

I would have interpreted that meme to touch most people in the sense of a breakup of a relationship, and that a lot of people sharing it might be thinking of it in those terms. We have no way of knowing how and why that meme 'touched' KW in the moment when she shared it. It could go to frame of mind if we knew 100% what happened in her life that day or just prior, but we don't know that.
Its probability of being relevant goes up when a meme is uploaded directly as a photo to their page rather than being shared from elsewhere. That sometimes means they've searched for quotes and memes that fit a situation they are going through, which is easy to find on Pinterest.

Perhaps it's a cultural difference with 'Visitation' being a southern US term? We north east US (Irish-descent) Catholics call it a 'Wake', while 'Viewing' is used mainly by Protestants. For Catholics, the Visitation is a Feast Day of Mary in May. So not only are we separated by a common language from the Brits and Irish, but also we, ourselves, within our own borders :)

BTW, been lurking here, never posted, so hope the relevant quote is attached.

Just to add to the confusion, lots of times there is a "Celebration of Life." At these, I believe the deceased has usually been cremated? Family and friends gather, and there are pictures, videos, etc. At the ones I attended, people are asked to share their favorite memories of the deceased, etc. Sometimes, there is a buffet at the end.

CW looks to be a neighbor

Just to add to the confusion, lots of times there is a "Celebration of Life." At these, I believe the deceased has usually been cremated? Family and friends gather, and there are pictures, videos, etc. At the ones I attended, people are asked to share their favorite memories of the deceased, etc. Sometimes, there is a buffet at the end.
Funerals themselves are referred to as celebrations of life these days. The priest or pastor officiating at every funeral I've been to in the last several years has mentioned that it's a "celebration of life" and then gone on to praise the deceased.

I'm wondering why KW hasn't been charged. Immunity?

I'm thinking she will be charged after the funeral, but lesser charges because of some immunity. I think she knows all of what happened and participated with concealing. I do not think she went to the creek tho.

<modsnip>

However, other WSers ARE interested in the justice and punishment aspect of cases, and we need to remember that while we all are here out of a shared interest in crime cases, we don't approach our interests in the same way.

I'm more interested in the why and how of crime cases - the personalities and details. I often lose interest once crime is solved and rarely follow a case through trial (though I have followed some trials, like little Cooper Harris's case). I also try to keep some emotional distance as the cases are usually heartbreaking, though I know others get very emotionally attached and I can't help but be moved by that. I like the puzzle of the cases while others like the criminal justice part. There is room for all of us.

I learn something new on every single case I follow and I am almost always touched by the compassion I witness on WS....even from people whose opinions I don't always agree with.

jmopinion that might not match yours.

I won't apologize for my personal morality. It doesn't matter what he did or did not do, we have no proof of anything except for the words of a grieving father and a 10yo but regardless of his crimes, he is still a human being and he still deserves dignity. I know revenge is a big thing here, I get that, I understand some people want to see others suffer because they feel that person deserves it. I wasn't raised like that, I was taught to respect even the lowlilest among us, to show kindness, love, compassion and mercy.

Now, lets get back to what's important...Mariah.

Yes Mariah is important and she deserved RESPECT, which she didn't get. The siblings didn't get RESPECT either. The facts were proven by CPS and I give great kudos to the other minors for speaking the truth with the horrific things they saw and dealt with. Kids do not act out with aggression for no reason at all!

I'm thinking she will be charged after the funeral, but lesser charges because of some immunity. I think she knows all of what happened and participated with concealing. I do not think she went to the creek tho.

I also believe that if she is going to be charged it will be after the funeral.

Someone had to stay behind and make sure the boys didn't call 911 or inform a neighbor.

I am not sure LE will be able to prove who actually killed Mariah. I can see finger-pointing ahead but wondering how LE will know for sure. Hoping both adults are charged equally.

Also there was a show on ID channel last night (Village of the Damned series, I think) where a 3-yr old girl was reported missing by her mother (back in the 80's I think.) Eventually it came out that Mom was to blame when she was seen mailing a package to police of one of the child glove's as "proof of abduction". She was allowed to attend the funeral in handcuffs. She had claimed the child suffocated by accident and so she buried her in the woods. I think she served about 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaJ