Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt that proper names of drugs were used. I'm thinking more that a child might be asked to describe their observations of the drug use and then the person they're talking to would translate that into a proper name for a drug as part of their description of the allegations of what is going on in the home. I think most drug users use street names for drugs, I don't think a child would hear someone say, "I'm going out to get some heroin", but they might be able to describe someone in the home smoking a funny cigarette and maybe describe the appearance of what was put into the funny cigarette.
O/T but this brought back one of those early childhood memories, age 3-4 maybe... Like most kids, I hated the smell of cigarettes, & I remember being at Silver Dollar City (amusement park that later became Dollywood) when my dad went to light a cigarette & I started begging him loudly, "don't smoke that Daddy, smoke a good-smelling cigarette!" (joint)

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I was thinking they could have somehow been marked with owner information or he was caught on neighbors security cam. I'm with you though- don't believe owner would have noticed they were missing & been able to nail down the timeframe.

KW may have told them he was out stealing dressers that night trying to alibi him in case someone saw him leaving the house. After all he would get a lot less time for stealing a couple of worthless dressers than he will for disposing of a child's body.

I'm kind of surprised that we have not heard anything from AW about the custody hearing since he was so forthcoming with other information.

I'm not sure of the first name spelling, but Shaylynn Ammerman. There were a lot of negative judgments made about them from their media appearances (their clothing, smoking a cigarette, etc). It turned out to be a guy who was in their home earlier that day, a 'family friend', who took Shaylynn...the door to the home was left open, baby was sleeping in the lounge. That's the one that stands out for me, but I'm not as familiar with as many cases as a lot of the posters here.

Also, you might be interested in the UK documentary called Crocodile Tears, which should be found on YouTube, and I really need to re-watch that one, because when I saw that about a year ago it was like watching people doing magic to hear the analysis and how it fit.

(Well, I have Crocodile Tears all queued up and ready to watch. Thank you some more :)

And I have precious Shaylyn in my heart now too. I didn't find a clip of a plea for her return before the body/suspect had been identified. But in one article, it was striking how much detail the half passed out half drunk uncle in Shaylynn's case was able to provide about the last few hours before the monster/guest left. And even the Dad in Shaylynn's case had a rather detailed last memory. I will have to come back to it. And look for thread too. I do want to be mindful of Mariah's thread being for her.)

A ten year old living in those circumstances would know which drugs were which, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had actually used them.

I work in Corrections and Addiction Recovery and you wouldn't believe how many people's first use was due to a parent providing and encouraging it.
Fact , for sure . My kids infrequently visited their dad and step mom , always came home very tight lipped and anxious. My eldest experienced drugs ranging from pot to lsd ( yes , many years ago ) because " they wanted to be there to help him "
I didn't know that information until 20+ years later when we were jumping thru the hoops to become my infant grandsons guardian . I almost had a nervous breakdown when my daughter said that if I knew all the details of their visits it wouldn't be hard to understand the results years after the fact . I have never forgiven myself for being so naive regarding substance abuse .
These little boys have a chance, they have survived to this point in life , albeit not the perfect wished for existence . But now they have their baby sister cheering them on ... she didn't die for nothing . Without this event who could know how long those children would have suffered and been neglected ? Mariah lives in their hearts and minds , of that I am certain.

I'm kind of surprised that we have not heard anything from AW about the custody hearing since he was so forthcoming with other information.

Didnt he have a custody hearing today? someone might of said HEY SHUT UP. jmo

Perhaps he was formally warned in court today to stop talking in public about it (gag order) Too much info was released already! JMO

maybe he was admonished for sharing w the media.

I have been researching this this morning! what I came up with was femoral torsion. I found a video of a toddler boy walking, and he was very similar to a video of Mariah's brother walking and falling. It can be genetic, and some form of braces is requried. the cool thing I found is that there are straps used, which attach to the shoe, from the hip, and wrap around the leg to create tension to turn the legs correctly. No longer metal braces. I hope Mariah ha the fabric braces.
Here are links:
Video of toddler walking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipItmgYa8x0
Video of the new fabric/velcro straps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OV9GGxSwuM

This is very similar to what we had, so you may have hit it on the head! My legs were completely backwards-- hence the casts-- but my brother's were like this!

OT but I saw you were in the Gorge and I envy you a little ;) I lived there for a short time near Hood River and it is beautiful.

A ten year old living in those circumstances would know which drugs were which, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had actually used them.

I work in Corrections and Addiction Recovery and you wouldn't believe how many people's first use was due to a parent providing and encouraging it.

It is truly horrifying how "old" some of the children who live in intense domestic dysfunction, like these children seem to have. What they have been exposed to, what they have grown "used" to, and what they have become indifferent to, is truly frightening. I worry about the older boy, because the oldest, in my experience, is the one who bears the brunt of it, at first trying to protect the younger ones and feeling responsible, and then switching to becoming the perpetrator. I am very concerned about what is going to be revealed in the coming months about what he was exposed to and what he experienced.

This is very similar to what we had, so you may have hit it on the head! My legs were completely backwards-- hence the casts-- but my brother's were like this!

OT but I saw you were in the Gorge and I envy you a little ;) I lived there for a short time near Hood River and it is beautiful.

Thanks for verifying this may be what you experienced. Did you see the video of Mariah's brother walking and falling? It is so similar to the toddler in the video I linked.
(OT, And yes, the gorge is amazing. This summer, we went up through Washington, following the Columbia. I had no idea there were canyons, like the Grand Canyon, up north. incredible!)

Thanks for verifying this may be what you experienced. Did you see the video of Mariah's brother walking and falling? It is so similar to the toddler in the video I linked.
(OT, And yes, the gorge is amazing. This summer, we went up through Washington, following the Columbia. I had no idea there were canyons, like the Grand Canyon, up north. incredible!)

OT but a big part of the Gorge was devastated by a huge forest fire late last summer into September . Fire also jumped to the WA side as well.... :(

OT but a big part of the Gorge was devastated by a huge forest fire late last summer into September . Fire also jumped to the WA side as well.... :(

OT Yes, we couldn't go outside for many many days, due to the soot and ash and smoke in the air. My car looked like it had taken a bath in soot. Thankfully it will re-grow.

Its my sincere belief that he willingly offered that information to the law. I also tend to believe that was his flimsy alibi. "I couldn't have killed her. I was stealing dressers. I wouldn't admit to something illegal unless I really did it so I'm believable."
I just can't believe he would be smart enough to come up with that.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I just can't believe he would be smart enough to come up with that.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Also, objectively, it's an awful alibi. How long would it take to steal dressers? An hour at most? Even if he did, it still leaves plenty of time for murder. If they were stolen from Ohio or something I could understand it being an alibi - I couldn't have done it, I was 8 hours away. But from around the corner?

(I do realize he is quite obviously not the brightest and it's possible he *thought* this would be a good alibi. But it's...a bad one)

that and the actual "triad" wont have ties to some redneck meth head anyways.

It’s a poorly written headline for sure, but I promise you that Triad in this context refers to a geographical area of NC.

I doubt that proper names of drugs were used. I'm thinking more that a child might be asked to describe their observations of the drug use and then the person they're talking to would translate that into a proper name for a drug as part of their description of the allegations of what is going on in the home. I think most drug users use street names for drugs, I don't think a child would hear someone say, "I'm going out to get some heroin", but they might be able to describe someone in the home smoking a funny cigarette and maybe describe the appearance of what was put into the funny cigarette.

100% agree. Drug users never use the correct term. LE doesn't either unless formally. In this day and age kids are using drugs at young ages and kids in school like to gossip as much as adults. A 10 year old can be pretty aware of what drugs are and what they are called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya