Identified! NC - Orange Co, WhtFem 15-25, 558UFNC, pink sweatshirt w/bunnies, Sep'90 - Lisa Coburn Kesler

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Attachments

• 558UFNC10_LARGE.jpg
    558UFNC10_LARGE.jpg
    450.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Wendy_stevenson.png
    Wendy_stevenson.png
    255 KB · Views: 10
She would have been a bit older for her estimated age, but Wendy Stevenson looks like this Jane Doe and also Wendy has an appendectomy scar:

2242DFFL - Wendy Brown Stevenson

The Wendy Stevenson thread (she disappeared with a friend):

Yeah, I am certain this is a victim of Clark Perry Baldwin. What are the chances of there being another killer in the early 90s who would murder and dump women, without trying to hide the body, and then take their shoes as souvenirs like he did with Pamela McCall in 1991 and Sherdian JD in 1992.

Yeah, I am certain this is a victim of Clark Perry Baldwin. What are the chances of there being another killer in the early 90s who would murder and dump women, without trying to hide the body, and then take their shoes as souvenirs like he did with Pamela McCall in 1991 and Sherdian JD in 1992.
She definitely could be a victim of Clark Perry Baldwin, but unfortunately, I think the chances of the circumstances you listed and it not being CPB are pretty high. :confused:

She definitely could be a victim of Clark Perry Baldwin, but unfortunately, I think the chances of the circumstances you listed and it not being CPB are pretty high. :confused:
I do feel strongly about this though. As much as I did about Sharon Lee Gallegos being Little Miss Nobody last year. I also recently noticed she had a scar on her abdomen like Bitter Creek Betty had. Apparently he didn't like mothers/ soon to be mothers based on his victims. He might have saw the Scar on her stomach and thought she had a C-section which was the deciding factor in her death.

I am certain this guy has a shoe collection of all his victims hidden somewhere or maybe LE/FBI already has them and aren’t making anything public as of right now on other victims.

Her shoes could have been taken as a souvenir, but imo it's just as likely they were tossed out on the side of the road somewhere potentially along with undergarments and any other possessions she may have had, which I guess could have also be kept as "souvenirs".

I am certain this guy has a shoe collection of all his victims hidden somewhere or maybe LE/FBI already has them and aren’t making anything public as of right now on other victims.
How would they know which shoes were hers?

Her shoes could have been taken as a souvenir, but imo it's just as likely they were tossed out on the side of the road somewhere potentially along with undergarments and any other possessions she may have had, which I guess could have also be kept as "souvenirs".
Could her shoes have just been pulled off when her assailant was trying to catch her?

Sometimes, a victim is trying to get away, winds up on the ground, and is dragged by their feet to be retrieved. This often leads to their shoes being pulled off.

Clearly I do not know, but I suspect in this young lady's case that she was sexually assaulted with shoes and pants removed and pushed from a vehicle landing where she did beside I-40 down a slight embankment. I also suspect she was in a vehicle large/tall enough that she was pushed from it, not taken out and placed on the side of the road. The momentum of being pushed from a higher vehicle along with the incline of the embankment took her to her resting place. Her shoes, pants, and any undergarments or other possessions went right along with her murderer down the road somewhere.

Many years ago I recall having a discussion about "no shoes" - I was told then by someone who had travelled the highways, often hitching rides with truckers and others, that they were requested to remove their shoes. I do not know why. I know for me sometimes when I am travelling as a passenger I take off my shoes simply because it is more comfortable.

There most definitely have been victims (identified and not) who were recovered with no footwear.

FYI, today I submitted Katherine Elisabeth Berry as a possible match via email to Namus coordinator for NC as well as the ME contact at NC Ofc of Chief Medical Examiner. UID Namus forwarded info to OK MP Namus coordinator. The info will also be shared with contacts working on her genetic genealogy and LE.

Not much is known about her disappearance, but stats and other info is workable. There are no photos on Namus. There are younger photos of Katherine on FB - Where is Katherine Berry - . From the little I have seen, she was apparently not reported missing and/or a report was not taken until I believe March of this year (2023). I did post this same info in her thread under Missing and am hopeful someone will come up with some additional details surrounding her and/or her disappearance.

I apologize if Shaleigh was suggested before, but she fits parts of the description.
Also, Mellisa Burgess seems like a good match
I had come to this page to suggest Mellisa Burgess as a match and see someone else had already suggested her!

I see a lot of resemblance to Jane Doe, particularly the nose/nose tip and cheek shape in the various reconstructions. However, it does seem that Mellisa's teeth are straighter than Jane Doe's, but there aren't many pictures available to be certain.

It is heartbreaking that the identity of this young woman has not been known for almost 33 years. But I'm hopeful that DNA technology will find her identity. @othram any chance you could look into this case? She's been unidentified for so long and I'm sure she has family and friends who miss her terribly.

It is heartbreaking that the identity of this young woman has not been known for almost 33 years. But I'm hopeful that DNA technology will find her identity. @othram any chance you could look into this case? She's been unidentified for so long and I'm sure she has family and friends who miss her terribly.
Even though this analysis is already underway by another organization, I too would LOVE for Othram to be involved!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541
Back