GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope and pray that young woman is ok and just laying low for some reason.

I have family there, and know for a fact that Fort Bragg has been trying to address a huge surge in violence there for years. Fort Bragg set up abuse hotlines, are more pro active counseling for soldier couples and/or families, etc. They dont like the bad rap its giving them either.

Fort Bragg officials say they are taking action. "Violence against women is abhorrent and not tolerated here," said Maj. Gen. Arthur M. Bartell, in charge of Fort Bragg when the most recent murders occurred, in a statement to PEOPLE. Since 2002 the base has doubled its mental-health counseling staff, hired victims' advocates and started a confidential reporting system for domestic violence complaints. Over the past year Fort Bragg investigated about 550 domestic violence incidents, up about 38 percent from the previous year; base officials say that higher number reflects their including unmarried couples in the statistics and their efforts to encourage people to report domestic violence.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20245668,00.html

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/aug2002/brag-a02.shtml

She looks like a strong person, and definitely has better training then most of us. There are only two reasons how a soldier can be over powered;

1. Someone they know, love, trust blind sided them.
2. Equal training by fellow soldier over took them.

Can someone refresh me on the "I'm home safe" text? Do they have record of this text or was it told to them that she had texted that and by whom? I am trying to piece this together in my mind....TIA

Yes,They know the tower that the phone was pinging off of. I wonder if they have vicinity? moo :seeya:

I'd have to have more detail regarding which cell tower.

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Fayetteville-North-Carolina.html

There is one North of Froggys and one South. Her apartment is between Froggys and the southern one. With the close proximity of the towers I would think her phone was registering on both.

But look at how far away the pond is that they are searching. We need more details to make a good conclusion on that.

Perhaps you should be informed before you speak. Then the first thing you would know is that her husband was in FL at the time. We do not know what happened. None of us do. That is why the cops are doing their job.

Welcome to WS VOH.

I haven't read where Law enforcement have said where Kelli's husband was and I haven't seen Kelli's husband state where he was either.

I've seen where her family said he was in FL.

But in order to take that as fact I need to see him or LE say it. But that's just me. I may have missed a link that stated he was in FL by LE or himself.

I haven't seen LE say he's not a POI or he's not a suspect. Doesn't mean he is, just means they haven't addressed that aspect yet.

The RSO said he dropped her off. He may have. He may not have. I haven't seen LE say one way or the other.

The RSO says he dropped her off at the entrance to her apartment bldg area (in a video linked backthread) and it was reported that it was a distance of about a quarter of a mile.

We don't have enough information IMHO to determine what happened to her I agree. But I haven't seen LE rule anything out or in. So in my mind, it could have been anyone. It could also have been someone who knew her, was acquainted with her or saw her when she was walking that quarter of mile alone in the wee hours of the morning.

Everyone is on the table IMHO until LE says so. :)

All JMHO

So sad. I feel so sorry for her family and friends. I'm wondering about those texts. Do we know yet who she was texting with all evening?

I'm sorry, but Nick's story doesn't make sense to me. Why would you take a young 23 year old girl home only to leave her on a street corner at 1 a.m.? Doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't he want to make sure she got inside her apartment safely especially with a serial rapist loose in the area?

Can someone refresh me on the "I'm home safe" text? Do they have record of this text or was it told to them that she had texted that and by whom? I am trying to piece this together in my mind....TIA

News station reported it,not police. im not even sure its a fact. moo

Just so you know, I will probably be back to this forum to discuss other cases, where I can really say what is on my mind.

She looks like a strong person, and definitely has better training then most of us. There are only two reasons how a soldier can be over powered;

1. Someone they know, love, trust blind sided them.
2. Equal training by fellow soldier over took them.

Do you realize how small Kelli is? Even in just play fighting, I have submitted several soldiers. Skill only takes you so far.

I'd have to have more detail regarding which cell tower.

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Fayetteville-North-Carolina.html

There is one North of Froggys and one South. Her apartment is between Froggys and the southern one. With the close proximity of the towers I would think her phone was registering on both.

But look at how far away the pond is that they are searching. We need more details to make a good conclusion on that.

The pond was supposedly a tip! one of articles i read! now towers i think could be confusing. maybe they have the phone. i always thought they were searching woods for phone. I think more and more will come out. moo:seeya:

So sad. I feel so sorry for her family and friends. I'm wondering about those texts. Do we know yet who she was texting with all evening?

I'm sorry, but Nick's story doesn't make sense to me. Why would you take a young 23 year old girl home only to leave her on a street corner at 1 a.m.? Doesn't make sense to me. Why wouldn't he want to make sure she got inside her apartment safely especially with a serial rapist loose in the area?

No one said Nick was refined. I agree it shouldn't have been done that way. He may not be telling the truth, or he may.

The pond was supposedly a tip! one of articles i read! now towers i think could be confusing. maybe they have the phone. i always thought they were searching woods for phone. I think more and more will come out. moo:seeya:

Yes the pond was a tip, but they started looking in that direction (down 295) based on the tower. There is a method to determining the proximity based on three towers - similar to that of determining the epicenter of an earthquake. However, there are only two possible ones in this case. There is still an estimation though.

That's what I'm wondering, whoever she was texting all evening could be a really valuable link as to what happened after she was dropped off.

a little o/t but why go out if all you're going to do is sit and text all night? you can do that from home.
Anyway,Nick also said he had met her at Froggy's when she was there with a male friend - he didn't say she had been with her husband when they met. Why was she hanging out with guys versus going out with other female soldiers/peeps she met at work if husband wasn't around? She'd only been in town for a little over four months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member