GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused too. If the husband was in Florida when she went missing, why are the LE saying they know where he was but are not releasing the info? Was he possibly home or am I missing something here.

According to this article: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10995337/

Her husband did not go to the bar with her.

It has been reported that husband was in Florida when she went missing and KB's mother does not consider husband to be a suspect.

So, It's possible that he is not a suspect.

According to this article: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10995337/

Her husband did not go to the bar with her.

It has been reported that husband was in Florida when she went missing and KB's mother does not consider husband to be a suspect.

So, It's possible that he is not a suspect.

Then why wouldn't LE just say that the husband was in Florida, therefore he obviously wouldn't have been at the bar with her. I don't understand why they aren't saying where he was, unless there is no proof he was actually in Florida.

Bordeaux's mother, Johnna Henson, said she had been told by police that an individual gave her daughter a ride to the bar, where she took part in karaoke. Henson told HLN's Jane Velez-Mitchell that her daughter was "spooked" while someone was driving her home, and that Bordeaux reportedly told the driver to let her out before she reached the apartment. She said she does not believe her daughter arrived home.

Snipped: http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/18/justice/north-carolina-soldier/index.html

I am not sure that her mother has all of the info yet/what LE knows because according to media reports she is not even in NC yet????

Today at the presser they said a lot things that went against what the mother had been saying about the investigation.

I tell ya one thing: I am thoroughly confused! The presser is well worth a watch with that being said.. it is 8 minutes in length.

http://triad.news14.com/content/loc...ontinue-search-for-missing-fort-bragg-soldier

video at this link says they have been searching the bar area since very early this morning (has some video of the search and possibly the bar owner???? or someone?? not sure)

It looked like sort of a dive bar as we used to say back in the ole college days... and also surrounded by woods :-(

eta: reporter also says that LE is being tight lipped with details.

Definitely something strange about this whole story, but that is often the case with initial news reports. It is great to hear that the military has joined in the search. That's good coverage and it seems like they were quick to get the search going.

I live near Fayetteville and recently became semi-retired. If they ask for public help in searching, I just might take a drive up there.

Hi Claire! (great to see you here!!) are you at all familiar with this froggy bottoms bar? It looks to me to be a biker bar or something along those lines?

tia!

Kelli Bordeaux's mother, Johnna Henson, told ABC News she was having difficulty coping with her daughter's suspicious disappearance.

"I can't function not knowing where she is. How can someone hurt her?" Henson said. "I lost my mother and my husband within a three months span. I can't deal with losing my child. I can't deal with anymore loss."

Henson plans to join her daughter Olivia Cox at Fort Bragg to assist in the search.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/kelli-bordeaux-search-phone-pings/story?id=16162182#.T47jdO19GXw

that is so horribly sad :-(

NBC-17's Maggie Alexander spoke with Kelli's husband, Mike Bordeaux, who wouldn't say where he was on Friday or over the weekend, he only said he was not at the apartment. He says they have been married for two years and described the marriage as "happy." He says they were not estranged as police have reported.

He says he talked with Kelli at 3 p.m. Friday but she did not say she was going out and she acted as if everything was fine. He adds that he is cooperating with detectives and has been advised by police to not talk with media.

"I would never lay a hand on her," Mike told Maggie Alexander during their off-camera talk.

Mike Bordeaux tells Maggie Alexander that he thought about joining Kelli's sister Tuesday at a press conference, but decided against it. He was out at the search site Wednesday morning, but says authorities told him it would be best if he left in case anything was found that they wouldn't want him to see.
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/apr...h-i-295-part-missing-ft-bragg-sol-ar-2177564/

I am really confused so far:

we have reports that she texted she got home safely (of course a perp could have sent this) and that she was dropped off near her apartment by a friend/bar employee yet her last pings are near the bar.

and then we have the "spooked" part...

I am glad that they have conducted numerous interviews and have leads (per presser video in the link I posted above)

I totally agree! Hopefully some of this (if not all) will be cleared up today.

ABC11 has learned police have questioned a 26-year-old registered sex offender who sources say picked Bordeaux up Friday night from her apartment, took her to the bar, and allegedly took her back to her home. ABC11 is not naming the man because he has not been charged with any crime.

Investigators were also looking at a campsite in a wooded area behind Froggy Bottoms that could be linked to the case.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8626014

oh no :eek:

ABC11 has learned police have questioned a 26-year-old registered sex offender who sources say picked Bordeaux up Friday night from her apartment, took her to the bar, and allegedly took her back to her home. ABC11 is not naming the man because he has not been charged with any crime.

Investigators were also looking at a campsite in a wooded area behind Froggy Bottoms that could be linked to the case.

Not good. So not good ...

So the husband was in Florida when she went missing?

Is he considered a suspect?

From what the above links are saying. Husband was in FL visiting his dad.

My concern is that she was not reported missing until her husband received a phone call that she didn't show up to work on Monday. She went out Friday evening into early Sat morning. So, nobody talked to her the rest of the day Saturday or Sunday?

This is crazy... mom says husband loves Kelli and wouldn't hurt her, while sis remains tight lipped and refuses to answer any questions re: the husband? LE refuses to comment on the husband's whereabouts, but publicly says the sex offender who was apparently the last person to see her is not a suspect??

The fact that her last ping was near the bar indicates that she never made it home that night, contradicting the RSO's story.

What's going on??

Hi Claire! (great to see you here!!) are you at all familiar with this froggy bottoms bar? It looks to me to be a biker bar or something along those lines?

tia!

I talked with my granddaughter last night and she said the bar is not in a very good area and not a bar/lounge that she or any of her friends would frequent. She has a 'girls night out' once in a while with friends. She is ex-military (USAF) and her husband is Army currrently in Korea.

It is also not very far from the interstate. My granddaughter has lived in Fayetteville for a little over three years and has never heard of this bar/lounge.

I have to wonder how many times Kelli has been to this bar and how long she had been friends with the people she went with.

:moo:

You have to wonder why a young female married soldier would allow herself to go to a bar with a 26 yo male anybody (who turns out to be an RSO). Maybe he is her neighbor? This is so sad.

So, the body found on Monday near downtown isn't Kelli - who is it then?

Dive bar - not student type place as I had been hoping. Her poor sister is genuinely beside herself. I just can't understand why this young woman would go out with a stranger (if she did); alone, without another soldier/friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3