GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if they arrested NH yet, for failing to register his new address...I hope so. But again I say, "tent behind Froggy Bottoms" is probably not gonna fly for the new address.

The address stuff doesn't make sense. According to the sex offender registry, his address was last verified on April 4th. It's the Spring Lake address.

Saw this on 11 ABC News: "At a news conference Thursday afternoon, Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said investigators do not have one solid piece of evidence into Bordeaux's disappearance." He did go on to say that they are continuing with investigations looking for any information that may be helpful.

VOH, sorry if I missed this earlier but were you there (Froggy Bottoms) that night?

I cannot discuss how I know what I know.... yet. My first post here explained that I do not want to reveal anything that might have any impact on the case or violate any personal relations I do have. I do believe once the police talk to those present at the bar that night, they will have further leads. Hopefully ones that lead to an arrest and closing of the case.

Saw this on 11 ABC News: "At a news conference Thursday afternoon, Fayetteville Police Chief Tom Bergamine said investigators do not have one solid piece of evidence into Bordeaux's disappearance." He did go on to say that they are continuing with investigations looking for any information that may be helpful.

I personaly do not believe they do not have anything solid. I think they have alot. MOO.

Just wanted to add that my son was stationed at Pope Air Force Base in Fayetteville. The Army Post and Air Force Base are basically side by side, divided only by a check point. It was a nightmare to get in and out of there.
My son really hated Fayetteville. He said it was a very crime-ridden place and he found it tough to get oriented to the area.
I'm sure its a nice place overall...but I can see the husband having a tough time getting adjusted.

Not too nice. But Fort Bragg is a great Army Post and Pope is nice too - everything is there. I found my nitches, worked up at the Mall (nice Mall) and basically got involved with Army stuff. The Gulf War broke out and we (spouses) had all the family support stuff to figure out and help with. Then I flew to visit my family, staying a month, which made some other wives angry (don't ask). When they returned from the Gulf War which, thank God was short lived, I'd plan little short trips like to Pinehurst and nearby places to get away a little bit. Asheville is a nice place to visit.
I lived there again when my husband had a battalion and I had a small child so that time, I worked my butt off and didn't have time to take in my surroundings very often. We lived on Post though so that helped a lot. I can understand if you're a young man, why he would say that - not too many middle range civilian establishments other than around the mall area.

After 9/11, security was real tight. It's a pain to go on and off Post. By then we were at Fort Belvoir in VA but experienced the same. I'd have to pull over and have my trunk looked into even though our vehicle had a sticker on it that indicated we belonged there, etc. There'd be long lines and you just had to wait your turn. Kind of freaky.

sorry for going so off topic - what? I can't tell my life story here? lol!

I personaly do not believe they do not have anything solid. I think they have alot. MOO.

I agree. I think it is the media putting a spin on things. Was that a direct quote from him or was it the journalist summary?

Hi everyone. I have been reading all your comments as I have been following this case from the beginning. I just wanted to say that I believe the police really do have evidence and that is why they are acting as though they are looking for a body. The police are not going to share every piece of evidence they have with the public because they don't want to mess up the case in any way. They also want to protect the family from any disturbing issues that they may not want to disclose. I think that the information about the bloody shirt and pants that Nick mentioned was supposed to be private information. Nick just doesn't seem like the smartest individual judging by the way he is talking to the media. One question I have had from the beginning is that if Nick thinks maybe Kelli didn't want him to know where she lived, where exactly did he pick her up from? It was my understanding that he picked her up from her apartment and then dropped her off at "the entrance". Also, why didn't he disclose from the beginning that he picked her up and dropped her off? He acted as though he was just dropping her off out of the goodness of his heart. But, he was her ride all along. They came together. Right?? It kind of sounds to me like he is trying to cover his tracks but doing it in a sloppy way.

Hi everyone. I have been reading all your comments as I have been following this case from the beginning. I just wanted to say that I believe the police really do have evidence and that is why they are acting as though they are looking for a body. The police are not going to share every piece of evidence they have with the public because they don't want to mess up the case in any way. They also want to protect the family from any disturbing issues that they may not want to disclose. I think that the information about the bloody shirt and pants that Nick mentioned was supposed to be private information. Nick just doesn't seem like the smartest individual judging by the way he is talking to the media. One question I have had from the beginning is that if Nick thinks maybe Kelli didn't want him to know where she lived, where exactly did he pick her up from? It was my understanding that he picked her up from her apartment and then dropped her off at "the entrance". Also, why didn't he disclose from the beginning that he picked her up and dropped her off? He acted as though he was just dropping her off out of the goodness of his heart. But, he was her ride all along. They came together. Right?? It kind of sounds to me like he is trying to cover his tracks but doing it in a sloppy way.

I think your answer is in your statement. He isn't the smartest guy in the world. Don't get me wrong. He isn't stupid, but I do not believe him to be quick to think on his feet. Perhaps he did not see the correlation. And it is not known to us that he did not disclose that information to police.

I don't think LE is obligated to tell us anything so your guess is as good as mine and I have no clue whatsoever what evidence LE has or doesn't have.

Would they have all Kelli's cell and text records by now? If they do, they could verify Nick's claims like if Kelli had called/texted him for a ride. If they can verify that he simply responded to her request, then his credibility goes up. If he called her, then it goes down because it indicates it was his idea for her to come out to the bar that night. Like he already had a plan.

He said she was texting a lot that night; LE should be able to verify that and determine the nature of the texts.

Have they done that by now?
Also they'd be able to determine if what Mike told them matches up.

They're not going to tell us, Mike didn't speak to Kelli at 3PM like he says he did. I just can't picture them telling us one way or another.

True. I would thing that the police would ask him those questions. I just hope this case gets solved, unlike the unsolved rapes in the area. It looks like her family has been through way too much in the recent years. I really feel for all of you that know her. I pray they find her. I just can't see the logic in dropping her off at that time of night so far from her apartment. It just sounds fishy. Maybe at the corner of the complex but not in the area they showed. It doesn't sound right.

And you would think that if they have her text records and the two men in question too, that they would have a good idea who if any of them looks guilty. I agree that they won't share that information with us. We will just have to wait and see.

I agree. I think it is the media putting a spin on things. Was that a direct quote from him or was it the journalist summary?

Did you view the press conference? LE's not revealing anything - claims they're back at square one.

They have to have phone records by now from all parties. :waitasec:

Could anything have happened to Kelli in the bar?

Yep, we the public will be the last to know.

Law enforcement always knows more and doesn't disclose details of their investigations for a variety of reasons. Everything from not wanting to tip off any suspect, or do anything to compromise the future legal case, to not wanting to hurt the family, to protecting people's privacy/safety to having to wait for information from phone companies and Internet companies and surveillance cameras in the area, and all that kind of potential evidence.

And then there's the forensic side of these cases where they send off items for testing but the public is not privy to the results of everything. It comes out at trial.

Many people think these things take no time at all (just like an episode of CSI) and everything should be back in a matter of a few days. I don't think real life works that fast.

Did you view the press conference? LE's not revealing anything - claims they're back at square one.

They have to have phone records by now from all parties. :waitasec:

Could anything have happened to Kelli in the bar?

I do not believe they are back at square one. However, I do believe they are doing what they should have done from the beginning and thoroughly speak to EVERYONE at the bar. I know this is something they are working on now and will accomplish in the next day or so. Even at the reported statistic of 20 people, that is not a lot of people. Think about it 20 people through the course of a night? Do you really think all of them stayed all night?

I do not believe they are back at square one. However, I do believe they are doing what they should have done from the beginning and thoroughly speak to EVERYONE at the bar. I know this is something they are working on now and will accomplish in the next day or so. Even at the reported statistic of 20 people, that is not a lot of people. Think about it 20 people through the course of a night? Do you really think all of them stayed all night?

I know. I was so surprised when I heard that. If it was my police force, ha-ha-ha-, I'd send one of my peeps to begin the interviews stat while the rest of us were out dragging ponds. I just don't get that at all.
There must be a method to their efforts but the longer you wait to interview peeps, the more they're likely to forget or could even put their heads together, etc.

Since Nick's story about dropping KB off has not been confirmed (he says that's what he did but who knows), I'm not assuming he did what he said.

I'm sure the police are trying to track KB's movements from the moment she left the bar. Did she actually get in his car? Did he actually drive the car somewhere...can they find out where? At some point they're going to want to try and interrogate him again and lean on him harder to give up information. Ultimately they want to find her body and if he is the one involved he's holding that trump card right now.

There are pros and cons regarding the number of 'witnesses' at the bar that night. It would be similar to hosting a largish but manageable party at your house where more people would be aware to who was doing what when during the course of the party. Because Kelli was singing alot that evening peeps would have definitely noticed her. She may have conversed with several of them too.
If there had been a much larger group, Kelli (the person LE is interested in)could have gotten lost in the crowd where fewer people would have noticed her that much. She could have sat with one other person all night and not have interacted with anyone else if it had been a much larger group.

LE will want each persons input about who Kelli interacted with and her perceived condition I bet.

Been watching and waiting and stuck to this case like glue. I remember being a young soldier like her and going out on weekends even though I was married. I hung out with friends. I had male friends that were platonic. Heck there was only one other female in my section so I mainly worked with men. Something about the story of dropping her off just doesn't sit right with me. If Nick is telling the truth then she must have been worried about a particular individual that might see them like others have said. I also know how bold I was at that age and sure of myself and surroundings, so if I had suspected someone was trying to spy on me I would have gone home in a roundabout way on foot too to try and spy on the spy. This is all speculation of course since we don't have enough details as to who she was texting etc that night. My head is a scramble:banghead:, this is just too reminiscent on my Army days at Campbell and the crazy things that happened there. I hope she is found soon.

I have watched the videos and have to say something is off about the hubby,No one and I mean no one wants to discuss him.The mother did say a few words about the hubby and that was it.They can't seem to confirm that he was in Florida.There are no pictures on his Facebook of Kelli,not one.Yet he is so upset and distraught.I just want to know why no one is answering questions about him.

As of right now his profile photo shows him and Kelli.

Yep, we the public will be the last to know.

Law enforcement always knows more and doesn't disclose details of their investigations for a variety of reasons. Everything from not wanting to tip off any suspect, or do anything to compromise the future legal case, to not wanting to hurt the family, to protecting people's privacy/safety to having to wait for information from phone companies and Internet companies and surveillance cameras in the area, and all that kind of potential evidence.

And then there's the forensic side of these cases where they send off items for testing but the public is not privy to the results of everything. It comes out at trial.

Many people think these things take no time at all (just like an episode of CSI) and everything should be back in a matter of a few days. I don't think real life works that fast.

All of that is true enough Madeleine. Many of us had a painful lesson about expectations of progress following the Susan Powell case. In fact I got so frustrated with the lack of progress (or lack of an arrest) that I felt that I had to leave the Websleuths community, and haven't posted here since Jan. 2010 until now. HOWEVER, having said that, I know from having watched every episode (there's that word) of The First 48 that in fact many murders are solved fairly quickly. If not in the first couple of days, then oftentimes within weeks. The most fascinating part is the interrogation. Some people can lie so convincingly and sincerely that they can fool even seasoned homicide detectives. I think that this NH may be one of those really good liars, because it just doesn't make sense why he would drop her short of her house. I'm thinking he is simply trying to explain why his vehicle never made it to her house that night. But honestly, when I watched the news feed of him talking to the reporter, I got sucked in to his story and he came off like a choir boy who had once done something naughty years ago. But I have heard detectives say before, you have to look really, really hard at the last person that was known to be with them alive, because in the end they are often the one that did it. I hope they find Kelli though, no matter what else (the SP case still pains me.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member