Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/19/1172262?sac=fo.local

Another article recapping the investigation.
This one says that Kelli's family, along with her husband, are staying at her apartment while the investigation is being conducted.

Her husband says, 'he just wants her back' and that she's a great person.

Somewhere else today, I saw that Kelli's sister was passing out flyers throughout the apartment complex.

Not entirely sure what to think on this one.

I haven't had a chance to make it thru Thread #1, but can someone let me know do we know for sure that she came to the bar with Nick?

I know from having watched every episode (there's that word) of The First 48 that in fact many murders are solved fairly quickly. If not in the first couple of days, then oftentimes within weeks.

True enough. Of course a show like The First 48 isn't going to concentrate on the cases that take a long time to solve or even go cold for a few years. But no matter what show it is, in comparison real life cases are more tedious, slow, and the finer details are not known until the legal portion begins (whether that's a trial or plea deal).

And the general public will always feel left out, like their favorite episode of CSI is on and someone unplugged the TV.

I'm surprised when people are surprised that LE knows more than they tell. I mean...this is not some new thing. Ever watch old Dragnet episodes from the 60's? Even fictional character Jack Friday kept information close to the vest. That's a given.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/19/1172262?sac=fo.local

Another article recapping the investigation.
This one says that Kelli's family, along with her husband, are staying at her apartment while the investigation is being conducted.

Her husband says, 'he just wants her back' and that she's a great person.

Somewhere else today, I saw that Kelli's sister was passing out flyers throughout the apartment complex.[/QUOTE

Wow.. I'm a little surprised to hear that her husband and family are staying at her apartment. Imo there must be some pretty good evidence in possession of law enforcement for them to release care custody in control of the residence.

Regarding Kelli being spooked. NH said in the interview that Kelli kept texting all night. I think this may have bothered him. Maybe he thought he was on a date with her and did not like her ignoring him. Maybe on the ride back, he asked Kelli about the texting or stated that it was disrespectful of her to have done so. I see this snowballing into an argument or her being afraid. Maybe she did text someone about it and that's why LE was so focused on NH.

I know this is a lot of "maybes" but it is an opinion. Let's hope that LE brings this one to a close.

Not entirely sure what to think on this one.

I haven't had a chance to make it thru Thread #1, but can someone let me know do we know for sure that she came to the bar with Nick?

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg Soldier pfc Kelli Bordeaux, 23, missing since 14 April 2012

ABC11 has learned police have questioned a 26-year-old registered sex offender who sources say picked Bordeaux up Friday night from her apartment, took her to the bar, and allegedly took her back to her home. ABC11 is not naming the man because he has not been charged with any crime.

Investigators were also looking at a campsite in a wooded area behind Froggy Bottoms that could be linked to the case.

The original article with this quote has since been changed, but this is where the thought that Nick took Kelli to Froggy Bottoms originated imo.

Yeah. His demeanor was off. Like I said though, I could not pin point what it was. Just re-watched it. He seems smug???

The last time I saw someone with a similar demeanor it was a guy talking to a TV news reporter while walking around the back yard of his rural house. Months later the police brought in an excavator and broke up a concrete patio, then dug up a metal barrel containing the remains of a missing teenage girl. In retrospect, the reason for his confidence (and smugness) was because he was so sure his crime would never be found out. This NH is either innocent or very confident of something. I'm going to re-watch and see if I change my opinion.

Okay I watched it again twice, and he comes across as very believable to me. I see nothing that suggests he is being evasive. He never looked up or down; he seemed completely calm. Then again some people can lie very convincingly.

I'm curious if any other individuals from her military unit reside in the same apartment complex or even in the same building. If so maybe that is why she wanted to get dropped off out front of the complex (if that is in fact what happened).Or did Mike have any close friends there that may have been keeping tabs on his wife and she caught wind some way.

Having served in the army many years ago I recall that many new soldiers assigned to the unit I was in and lived off post, most always stayed in the company barracks until they inprocessd and found a suitable residence off post. Oft times they learnd of a place from
someone in their squad or platoon who lived in the same neighborhood off post.

I will also say that the rumor mill in an army unit is second to none and the last thing you wanted was someone from your unit seeing you with another person if your married.

Just a thought.
I don't feel good about Nick just the same.

Yeah like and involuntary bodily reaction. The blinking is definitely a sign of being very uncomfortable in my opinion.

I have not seen if she had known he was a sex offender or not. Maybe he made her nervous. Sometimes you just get a creepy feeling (gut feeling or instict) when around certain people. Maybe she just wanted to just go home and get away from the feeling. JMO.

I have not seen if she had known he was a sex offender or not. Maybe he made her nervous. Sometimes you just get a creepy feeling (gut feeling or instict) when around certain people. Maybe she just wanted to just go home and get away from the feeling. JMO.

IIRC nobody knew he was a RSO. It came out after Kelli went missing.

How I wish we still had the Forensic Astrologers to shed some light on this case.

Regarding Kelli being spooked. NH said in the interview that Kelli kept texting all night. I think this may have bothered him. Maybe he thought he was on a date with her and did not like her ignoring him. Maybe on the ride back, he asked Kelli about the texting or stated that it was disrespectful of her to have done so. I see this snowballing into an argument or her being afraid. Maybe she did text someone about it and that's why LE was so focused on NH.

I know this is a lot of "maybes" but it is an opinion. Let's hope that LE brings this one to a close.

This whole leaving her off way before her house still bothers me.

If it was me, I would have done what she asked but I would have let her know that I would be watching her to make sure she arrived at home safely no matter what she said.

Its just something a man does. Maybe I'm just to old fashion. Heck, I still walk on the outside (closer to the street) of my wife or daughter when walking down the street.

I can see myself driving ahead of her an parking somewhere I could watch her.

This letting a young woman off blocks or more from her home just doesn't fly with me.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

This whole leaving her off way before her house still bothers me.

If it was me, I would have done what she asked but I would have let her know that I would be watching her to make sure she arrived at home safely no matter what she said.

Its just something a man does. Maybe I'm just to old fashion. Heck, I still walk on the outside (closer to the street) of my wife or daughter when walking down the street.

I can see myself driving ahead of her an parking somewhere I could watch her.

This letting a young woman off blocks or more from her home just doesn't fly with me.

And to me it sounds perfectly normal. I've dropped people off at the gate to their apartment complex and drove away without ever thinking to watch. Nobody thinks something bad is going to happen in that short of a distance or around that many buildings. JMO

I wonder what time he returned to the bar?

I do not believe they are back at square one. However, I do believe they are doing what they should have done from the beginning and thoroughly speak to EVERYONE at the bar. I know this is something they are working on now and will accomplish in the next day or so. Even at the reported statistic of 20 people, that is not a lot of people. Think about it 20 people through the course of a night? Do you really think all of them stayed all night?

It's possible they have not been able to locate everyone who was at the bar. Sometimes it takes time to track people down, particularly if they didn't have a list of names to start with.

I think NH looks like a huge lair ,the worst kind of lair at that. The ones who can lie so easy and fluid that even if you dont believe them ,you have a hard time accepting they lied. Its an attitude. And he is trying to project an image of innocence. Warm welcome ,. 'Sure you want to talk , I will talk " . MOO.

I think he is a sneaky person who should not be trusted ,not even for a second.MOO.

Long blinks are a sign of lying.. Watch how he takes a long blink after each question is asked before he answers... JMO...

Didn't see that, but did notice the police chief took a couple of long blinks as well. Do you reckon he's lying too? It's not like he holds his eyelids shut for a full minute every time... it's only a fraction of a second, and they ARE standing in bright daylight. He seems very believable to me, but what do I know?

And to me it sounds perfectly normal. I've dropped people off at the gate to their apartment complex and drove away without ever thinking to watch. Nobody thinks something bad is going to happen in that short of a distance or around that many buildings. JMO

I wonder what time he returned to the bar?

Well maybe its just me

I even wait when I drop my daughter off to her friends house to make sure she gets in.

Even when I'm the driver for my children's friends I wait when I drop them off.

Its just something I think I should do. Never know if maybe they forgot their keys or can't find them or for whatever reason

I just feel better making sure they at least got inside safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member