GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to get my head together before I post, been sick with a terrible cold. Anyway, I listened to this interview, and both Mike and Matt bothered me with things that they said. Mike bugged me when he said, "I bet you she would have". There was just something that made me go, WHAT? When Matt talked about the apartment, the apartment that hadn't been gone over forensically that the family just moved right in to, bugged me also.

Mia,
o/t
Had a super buggy head cold for a month myself! I used colodial silver, to finally rid myself of it, ha! Hope youre feeling better today

JMO
I did not hear the interview but found the transcripts to be informative. With so few facts being released by LE I am trying to read and focus on exact quotes and found this transcript helpful.

I agree that the way the brother and Mike worded a few statements really felt odd. I agree with "the bet you she would have" comment.

From same transcript. Here is one comment that I found question with that I havent seen picked over or mentioned. It is bolded below.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/25/ijvm.01.html

It`s really sad that we have to be talking to you about this, but we want to be helpful and we want to help find her. Where were you when you found out that your wife was missing and how did you find out, Mike?

MIKE BORDEAUX, HUSBAND OF KELLI BORDEAUX (via telephone): I was actually in Kissimmee, Florida. I was staying at my dad`s house. I was out visiting them, my dad and my stepmom for a little while.

And I got the phone call Monday around 11:30 from my apartment manager and Kelli`s lieutenant was here and they were wondering why or if I knew where Kelli was, and I said no. She should be at work, and, you know, I`m thinking it`s l1:30 so why hasn`t she shown up for work. So they asked me if they can go in the apartment and I said for sure, you have my approval to go into the apartment and check and see if she was ok, you know.

Maybe she missed her alarm or something. So I just let them walk in the house and they said she wasn`t there. So my first reaction was what happened? Why isn`t she at work? She`s a very responsible person and she would not just miss work or not even call in. She would call her sergeant to tell him, "Hey, I`m not going to be able to make it into work today."

Of course, after I got that news I called her sister to see if she heard anything and she didn`t hear anything. So I then called her sergeant which is one of her friends and they said the same thing that she didn`t show up to work last night or today.

Why does Mike say she didnt show up for work last night? i havent heard that Kelli was supposed to be working Sunday night but that is what hubby says.

JMO
JMO

Ok...so based on that transcript, he found out via the apartment complex because they were requesting to enter the apartment. Huh...I thought the Army called him directly. Again...not that it means anything.
And I'm with you on the Sunday night work thing. Why didn't they say anything when she didn't show up Sunday if that were the case?
His word choice is always odd to me. Maybe it's because he's young. Like the I called her sergeant, which is one of her friends. Is it common inthe military world to be friends with your superiors? Athough my dad did 25 years in the Navy it was all before I was born. So I a really am ignorant to this. And why did he feel the need to mention that it was her friend too. Because that is why he called him? But he didn't say our friend...he said her friend. I don't know. And the back to back contradiction...she would never not go to work or even call in but she would call her seargeant.

Mia,
o/t
Had a super buggy head cold for a month myself! I used colodial silver, to finally rid myself of it, ha! Hope youre feeling better today

JMO
I did not hear the interview but found the transcripts to be informative. With so few facts being released by LE I am trying to read and focus on exact quotes and found this transcript helpful.

I agree that the way the brother and Mike worded a few statements really felt odd. I agree with "the bet you she would have" comment.

From same transcript. Here is one comment that I found question with that I havent seen picked over or mentioned. It is bolded below.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/25/ijvm.01.html

It`s really sad that we have to be talking to you about this, but we want to be helpful and we want to help find her. Where were you when you found out that your wife was missing and how did you find out, Mike?

MIKE BORDEAUX, HUSBAND OF KELLI BORDEAUX (via telephone): I was actually in Kissimmee, Florida. I was staying at my dad`s house. I was out visiting them, my dad and my stepmom for a little while.

And I got the phone call Monday around 11:30 from my apartment manager and Kelli`s lieutenant was here and they were wondering why or if I knew where Kelli was, and I said no. She should be at work, and, you know, I`m thinking it`s l1:30 so why hasn`t she shown up for work. So they asked me if they can go in the apartment and I said for sure, you have my approval to go into the apartment and check and see if she was ok, you know.

Maybe she missed her alarm or something. So I just let them walk in the house and they said she wasn`t there. So my first reaction was what happened? Why isn`t she at work? She`s a very responsible person and she would not just miss work or not even call in. She would call her sergeant to tell him, "Hey, I`m not going to be able to make it into work today."

Of course, after I got that news I called her sister to see if she heard anything and she didn`t hear anything. So I then called her sergeant which is one of her friends and they said the same thing that she didn`t show up to work last night or today.

Why does Mike say she didnt show up for work last night? i havent heard that Kelli was supposed to be working Sunday night but that is what hubby says.

JMO
JMO

I never even noticed that. WTH??

JMO
I am having trouble with the server again today, so will be back later.
I really feel like they are going to find her soon. Praying today will be the day~God we need a miracle for this girls mother. thank you
JMO

I wouldn't get too hung up on the 'last night' comment. Could be several things...

Might have been misheard by Mike, per whatever the Sargeant/friend said.

Alternately, maybe just means they didn't hear from Kelli the night before as expected. Many people check in on work email Sunday nights, to better prep for Monday morning. If there have been scheduling changes, etc. then usually you want to know what's going on before you hit the office Monday morning.

While it has never been stated, since Kelli studied dental hygiene in college, I've always just guessed that her role with the medic unit probably has something to do with dentistry. If it was Kelli's usual habit to check phone messages, work emails & scheduling on the Sunday night - and they went back and noticed that she hadn't, that might account for the 'night before' comment from the Sergeant.

And to keep things accurate, you have to remember at that point, MB was only going by what he was told, not something he knew first hand, KWIM?

Hard not to dissect things, but every bit we dissect might have more than one interpretation or meaning.

Just thought I would share this link. Edit - Okay, apparently I can't post the link here. But it's a story on a site called ...

I haven't seen it discussed here yet. But there's some interesting information about MB and the status of their marriage that I haven't seen elsewhere. I don't know if this is really a reliable source, but just thought I'd share it and see what people think.

NOTE: not a trusted source, which is why the link can't be posted correctly. Might want to edit and remove the name of that blog site to save the Mods having to do it. WS does not link to that site.

(for very good reasons, IMO)

NOTE: not a trusted source, which is why the link can't be posted correctly. Might want to edit and remove the name of that blog site to save the Mods having to do it. WS does not link to that site.

Okay, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up. I edited it out (and removed the quoted material.)

I'd like to see VOH's response to the BBM portion above.

I thought VOH was @ FB when this guy claiming to be her dad showed up...

VOH?????????

Your mileage may vary, But I'll state unequivocally that not a single thing posted on that site carries a smidgen of weight with me. Not a single word.

That's been proven many times, on many cases. For those who like facts vs. folly -> Proceed at your own risk. ;p

Is there somewhere on WS where the mods explain why certain sites are not allowed/considered untrustworthy? I've never heard of the above-referenced site before, but it seems to have a lot of info on this case and I was wondering how much salt I should take it with.

I am not sure I understand MH statement about the apartment.
What does he mean, it looked exactly exactly the same?
When was he there last?

Your mileage may vary, But I'll state unequivocally that not a single thing posted on that site carries a smidgen of weight with me. Not a single word.

That's been proven many times, on many cases. For those who like facts vs. folly -> Proceed at your own risk. ;p

I think I know which site that info was found on. As far as I'm concerned it's good info. Sometimes it may go a little farfetched, but basically it's good info. JMHO

I am not sure I understand MH statement about the apartment.
What does he mean, it looked exactly exactly the same?
When was he there last?

Mike hadn't been at the apartment for at least two weeks. So, how would he know?? Oh I could really speculate at this point, but I'll attempt to hold it back.

I thought VOH was @ FB when this guy claiming to be her dad showed up...

VOH?????????

Yes he was remember he went to the bar and was posting to us from there and he said her dad was in there and we told him her dad was deceased.
VOH said the guy was asking everyone questions.

VOH saw this man.

JMO

Is there somewhere on WS where the mods explain why certain sites are not allowed/considered untrustworthy? I've never heard of the above-referenced site before, but it seems to have a lot of info on this case and I was wondering how much salt I should take it with.

From the Etiquette Rules:

Linking to Blocked URLs

If, when posting a link to another site, the address is replaced by asterisks ****** in your post, this means it is a blocked site and should not be linked or posted here in any way. We understand that many do not know a site is blocked until they attempt to post the address. So, please delete your post if you inadvertently post a blocked site, or contact the forum moderator for assistance. Remember, if you cannot link to the source, you cannot copy any information from that site in your post. There are various reasons for blocking certain sites and attempts to circumvent these blocks by altering the link to bypass the censor will be met with zero tolerance and a potential permanent ban.

Highly recommend that all new users review the entire Etiquette post & the short version of WS TOS if they haven't already:
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Helpful to the Mods and it will keep you from getting into trouble by accident.

For OPSEC reasons I won't get into more about the SF stuff mentioned here but I wanted to say to Tonto: Kelli would not have "accidentally seen" something causing a professional hit to be issued, nor would she have been abducted to be a CIA clandestine operative. No way.

Understood. I was just tossing ideas out there. Another thing that I haven't heard mentioned is that perhaps she had a fling with an officer or superior, it ended badly, and she threatened to expose it. She is a cute girl and I'm sure she would've created a lot of chatter at the waterfountain.

Mook, I would also like to hear what you were going to say. I agree that you can say it in a way that suggests it is your opinion of events.

I not so sure about that!
JMO
VOH saw the guy claiming to be Kelli's dad!

I'm flabbergasted that someone would flush all of this information out there like that. Totally flabbergasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper