GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this falls at random: everyone is entitled to their opinion.. everyone is not always going to agree and that is fine. :nurse:

I have lived in NC my entire life, however, am not a local or connected to this case aside from following it (I reside in the Charlotte Metro area, I guess I am 2 hours away from Fayetteville?)- does anyone know off the top, how far Laurinburg is from Fayetteville?

Growing up, NC-ers have always called Fayetteville "Fayett-nam" presumably due to the environment and crime. I cannot comment on this as I have never been there, but it is a very commonly used term.

So my question is, I know as a military area, the people who live there are from all over the country. Does anyone local have any comments about the status of the area..is it generally safe? Would college age kids be as safe there as anywhere?

My own thoughts on this case are boring..1-NH has to be a suspect because he was the last known person to be seen with her, as simple as that. 2-NH is NECESSARILY guilty 3-The status of Kelli's marriage is none of our business as long as LE know, and I am willing to bet they know 4-Something is terribly wrong, statistics are not good here and I pray she is found. I'm reading daily but don't have anything to add, just more questions, such as how far Fayetteville is from Laurinburg, and I also would like to know is NH's tent still there??

ETA--I am curious as to WHY fayetteville is known in NC as Fayett-nam btw...no one has ever been that specific but I hear a lot of "Nothing there except military posts", "ghetto", lots of rowdy military people everywhere, etc. This does not make sense to me...military has a code of conduct so I doubt they make the area less than nice..I don't like the word ghetto, if you want to see a ghetto you can see areas of Charlotte and they still are not like areas in Chicago or East St Louis, I am SURE Fayetteville (never having been there) is most certainly NOT a ghetto! It MIGHT be an area where there IS mostly military...IDK....can someone describe what is in Fayetteville for a civilian? And a young person?

Laurinburg is a little less than an hr away. Ramsey st is kinda in between area not the best but some very nice areas mixed in between. I still hear fayettenam and there is a huge drug problem and prostitution as in other military towns. I also understand that there are several frat houses that back up to the meadow brook apt complex. This seems to be a possible overlooked element.

More detail fayetteville covers the gamut. It's not like Charlotte. There are some extremely depressed and poor areas but like anything in life it is what you make it. I find the random perp hard to accept as Fayetteville would be considerd a "target rich environment" if you were a predator and froggy bottoms o Ramsey st would certainly not be on the top of the list.

Hello everyone. Another first-time poster here.

One of the things that I find interesting about this case is how the last sighting is similar to the Lauren Spierer case - last one to see her dropped her off down the road from her home in middle of the night. But that's just an observation.

What interests me is NH's story about his last few moments with KB. If anyone knows of a more detailed account than what he said in his news (abc?) interview, I'd like to read it. But, from what he said, it sounds like he is saying that he dropped off KB just after turning on to Kings Creek Dr:

"As soon as you drive into the entrance to Meadowbrook" - NH

Okay, so going by his account, what he is saying is that he then stopped and she got out. But then what? Did he do a 3-pt turn-around? Did he back onto 401? The more reasonable option would be to continue on Kings Creek, then turn around and take Kings Creek back to 401, right? Looking at the map, I don't see any other way out of the apartment complex. So if he did that, he would see KB again as he drove by on the way out, wouldn't he? If so, doesn't that seem like it would be worth mentioning?

Agree the rd going into meadowbrook is not a good place for a 3 pt turn. You would likely go down to the complex and drive around

Hello everyone. Another first-time poster here.

One of the things that I find interesting about this case is how the last sighting is similar to the Lauren Spierer case - last one to see her dropped her off down the road from her home in middle of the night. But that's just an observation.

What interests me is NH's story about his last few moments with KB. If anyone knows of a more detailed account than what he said in his news (abc?) interview, I'd like to read it. But, from what he said, it sounds like he is saying that he dropped off KB just after turning on to Kings Creek Dr:

"As soon as you drive into the entrance to Meadowbrook" - NH

Okay, so going by his account, what he is saying is that he then stopped and she got out. But then what? Did he do a 3-pt turn-around? Did he back onto 401? The more reasonable option would be to continue on Kings Creek, then turn around and take Kings Creek back to 401, right? Looking at the map, I don't see any other way out of the apartment complex. So if he did that, he would see KB again as he drove by on the way out, wouldn't he? If so, doesn't that seem like it would be worth mentioning?

IIRC there is some kind of median ( but I may be wrong ) so a U=turn may have been a challenge, but, not impossible. imo Good point.

No median it's a narrow road with a retaining wall on the right side and an embankment on the left

It doesn't look good for NH but... I wonder what the stats are on predators going from molesting a 5 year old to raping and murdering a grown woman? I have read that pedos usually don't change their stripes from not developed to a fully developed female/male. I haven't read every site however if anyone knows I am curious.

I agree that publicly pointing any finger of suspicion toward MB or anyone else, especially based on imagination and speculation and assuming facts not in evidence, is pretty heinous and irresponsible. This board is public. Families and friends of victims do read here and elsewhere and they have a right to do so.

This is not fun and games for KB's family and friends. Saying hurtful things about any of the people close to KB just creates more vicimization. WS is a "victim friendly" board. That is one of its foundational principles, per the board owner.

LE is investigating everyone. Only one person is in jail on a high bond right now. And that person happens to be the last known person who was with Kelli on 4/13.

BBM:

Speculation goes on in every case here. Suspicion is cast on family members, husbands, the wife, and even Mother's at times. So much of the time we do find out that it is one of the above named persons listed in my first sentence. That is just the way it is.

As far as family members, husbands, wives, close friends, and so forth, there is or should be support threads.

I have always found WS to be in full support of the true victim(s). The very real victim here is Kelli. I agree that we should be in full support of Kelli's Mother, sister, and brother. However; I think the husband as well as friends are fair game unless 100% cleared by LE.

My current opinion is that NH is culpable in whatever happened to Kelli, but it is also my opinion that he did not act alone. I am not discounting MB, J, or even the bar owner. In making that statement of opinion, I do not feel it to be heinous or irresponsible. I do not have to form my opinion with 'facts in evidence' because it is, after all, my opinion and we are not in a court of law.

A very current case right here that I am following is little Isa's case. Some people have speculated about the parents and cousins in that case. It happens. No one has been banned for it. As long as people are careful to stress that it is just their opinion, it has seemed to be fine.

I may not agree with some opinions, but I do very much respect them.

JMO, IMO, and :moo:

It doesn't look good for NH but... I wonder what the stats are on predators going from molesting a 5 year old to raping and murdering a grown woman? I have read that pedos usually don't change their stripes from not developed to a fully developed female/male. I haven't read every site however if anyone knows I am curious.

This is a myth. I posted some facts about sexual predators on here I think yesterday. I will look for it for you and repost:)

Why is everyone jumping down each other's throats?

It sometimes happens when there is no news. We are all here for the same reason and that is Kelli. We should not be rude to each other, IMO.

I appreciate the answers you have been able to give, VOH, and understand when you cannot answer a particular question!

Where is Kelli???

Long time since I posted, but sometimes lurk when a case gets my attention. Has anyone considered the possibility that she may have been recruited for covert activities (DIA, CIA)? Doubtful, but she is in the Army.

Also, this situation may have a connection to the Army if she saw something that she shouldn't have seen or heard something she shouldn't have heard. Lots of sensitive information, materials, and personnel down that way.

Just thought I'd give some more food for thought since we are basically down to an information blackout. Good discussion thus far.

Here you go!

Here is an informative post for those of you who are confused about whether Nick is only attracted to children. I have stated these facts several times and am highly informed about these facts because I have taken several classes regarding sex offenders. So maybe this will shed some more light.<br />
http://www.sheriff.org/sexualpredators/facts.cfm<br />
<br />
<br />
Coming from this link above.<br />
<br />
<br />
Facts about sex offenders and predators<br />
<br />
Offender characteristics<br />
<br />
<b>While most sex offenders are male, sometimes sex offenses are committed by female offenders.<br />
Some offenders do seek sexual gratification from the act, but that is often not a primary motivation for a rape offender. Power, control, and anger are more likely to be the primary motivators.</b><br />
Studies suggest that most rape offenders are married or in consenting relationships.<br />
Wanting to change is usually not enough to be able to change the patterns that lead to sexual offenses. To create the motivation to change, some offenders need a variety of treatment and corrective interventions, and for others learning how to make the change in their own behavioral cycle of abuse is more effective.<br />
While drugs and alcohol are often involved in sexual assaults, drugs and alcohol do not cause sexual offenses to occur. Rather, drug and alcohol use may be a disinhibitor for the offender, while being under the influence may increase a potential victim's vulnerability.<br />
<br />
<b>While there is a small subset of child sexual abusers who are exclusively attracted to children, the majority of the individuals who sexually abuse children are (or have previously been) attracted to adults.<br />
</b><br />
To read more, check the link above.

MOOK - I guess this has been answered before, but I'd like to know about the outside cameras at the apartment complex. Do you have any idea where they point to? Is it at the entrance or at the parking lots or where, if you know, and thank you in advance.

Speculation goes on in every case here. Suspicion is cast on family members, husbands, the wife, and even Mother's at times. So much of the time we do find out that it is one of the above named persons listed in my first sentence. That is just the way it is.

Yes, suspicion does go in every direction with lots of speculation and guessing what LE might have gathered in cases.

Policies must have changed here since the Casey Anthony days because I got chastised and was given a T.O. for posting something less than supportive about Cindy Anthony early in that case, and I didn't even consider her a suspect in the crime.

Perhaps clarification by a mod will help guide us in determining who else is considered a 'victim,' what is okay and not okay in considering members of KB's family, to include her husband, as potential suspects in her disappearance.

I personally don't consider anyone other than NH as a POI simply because I don't have any information with which to make such a determination. What other facts are out there in which to consider other possible perps?

I don't like the word ghetto, if you want to see a ghetto you can see areas of Charlotte and they still are not like areas in Chicago or East St Louis, I am SURE Fayetteville (never having been there) is most certainly NOT a ghetto!

I appreciated your post, Hermoine. :) Also, re: your East St. Louis comment . . . I couldn't agree more, unfortunately! I'm in southwestern Illinois about 40 miles from St. Louis/East St. Louis and sadly, you are very correct IMO. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member