Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I live in the next county over (Richmond). Our local law enforcement assisted with the K9 search in Scotland County. I am also acquainted with of the members of the search team. He indicated to me that they think the child may have fallen into a local pond - divers were searching bodies of water yesterday.

I'm not buying that - hinky meter went off immediately.

Thanks grillzgirl for the local input! Are there ponds that are now frozen over? Or is it not cold enough for that?

This case breaks my heart. I have such a bad feeling. There has been several similar cases in the past few months and none of them ended well. Raul is at least the 4th child since Oct. I just don’t understand...

I would like to know who these non family people are who lived in the house. I'm sure LE knows and I guess that's what matters.

I'm so surprised this thread isn't more active, Recently two girls were abducted by a sick man who was living with them in Texas, to which their thread turned into several before the girls were found. Blaze Bernstein also had several threads going before he was found. I wonder why a small handful of us are posting on this thread with this little darling missing. I see members are on reading, but not many are posting. I hope more folks start to chime in until he is found. It's really bothering me that he is missing and there aren't many clues left behind to help find him.

As with most missing child cases at the beginning of the investigation there are so many restrictions on what can be discussed. Usually as information is released discussion will increase accordingly.

As with most missing child cases at the beginning of the investigation there are so many restrictions on what can be discussed. Usually as information is released discussion will increase accordingly.

Agreed - at this point we just don’t have much to go on it seems. The Texas case there was a lot of info on the suspect readily available on his social media and some on the mom’s too...we are just more limited on this one so far in terms of sleuthing. Poor baby. I wish I had more to contribute so I’ve just been reading until more comes to light or is available to be sleuthed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it was when the Sheriff was talking to the volunteers, inside the firehouse. If you haven't watched that video, please do. He was saying what the next few days would be like. Almost as if he knew the child won't be in the pond, but it needs to be ruled out. I know it only takes ONE time for a child to end up in the pond, yet I keep thinking he was used to wandering the neighborhood, and as far as we know, he hadn't gone to the pond. The Sheriff even mentioned that family would be requestioned if Raul isn't found in the pond. That people need to report anything they have heard, or know.

I really get the feeling that LE is suspecting something foul has occurred.

I agree. They know something is up for sure. I will see if I can find that video. Thanks for recommending it.

Seems as tho many people had access to this little guy. Inside the house and out.

I'm so surprised this thread isn't more active, Recently two girls were abducted by a sick man who was living with them in Texas, to which their thread turned into several before the girls were found. Blaze Bernstein also had several threads going before he was found. I wonder why a small handful of us are posting on this thread with this little darling missing. I see members are on reading, but not many are posting. I hope more folks start to chime in until he is found. It's really bothering me that he is missing and there aren't many clues left behind to help find him.

I don't know what makes one thread garner several threads and others barely get several pages. The title of this one going through the ticker at the top caught my attention when it said a 4 yr old was last sighted walking down the road.

I have nothing to add that's not already been said. I can only hope that the sheriff is understanding the timeline better than the media are reporting it.

I guess the poor little thing has fallen into a pond if his footprints were found by it? If there are no adult shoeprints and no car tracks nearby that seems to make abduction unlikely?

I was also wondering how long it would take for a small child to become hypothermic, wandering around barefoot and without a coat, even in the daytime temperatures at this time of year?

We had the Gaia case in the UK only a couple of months ago, she was an adult and out at night time without a coat, and we learned about burrowing behavior. I think that's very primal behavior, so a small child might not behave differently from an adult? So we might be looking at discarding clothes and burrowing, if they don't find a body in the pond? I don't want them to find this little boy's body in the pond, but I'm struggling to think of a scenario that might have some odds of survival at this length of time since his disappearance :-(

The Scotland County Sheriff's Office has set up a hotline for tips and information regarding the disappearance of four-year-old Raul Johnson.
That number is 910-405-9940.
The Sheriff will hold a briefing today at 5:30.
He will talk about any new developments in the case and what's happened since the FBI has joined

My hunch about the possibility of him falling into the pond is that he didn’t fall in.
I’m not sure, but wouldn’t the body be floating if he did drowned? I know there’s been numerous cases where perps will attempt to weight down the victim to keep them from floating. So if that is the case, then it would appear foul play.
I don’t know this pond so maybe it’s really large and if he is trapped in brush or anything like that, the searchers maybe wouldn’t see him right away.
Oh god I hate just having to type and think such awful things :(

Food and drink donations are needed for deputies, first responders and volunteers searching for four-year-old Raul Johnson.
Your asked to bring the donations by the Stewartsville fire station off of Highway 501 near Pea Bridge Road in Laurinburg.

I don't know what makes one thread garner several threads and others barely get several pages. The title of this one going through the ticker at the top caught my attention when it said a 4 yr old was last sighted walking down the road.

I have nothing to add that's not already been said. I can only hope that the sheriff is understanding the timeline better than the media are reporting it.

I guess the poor little thing has fallen into a pond if his footprints were found by it? If there are no adult shoeprints and no car tracks nearby that seems to make abduction unlikely?

The sister spoke on IG earlier. She said that her mom cries when she sees those footprints. She thinks they're his. She (sister) said a woman who lives by there also has little children that she takes to the pond, so they could be her child's.
It be interesting to know whether there were any adult footprints. If not, they're likely Raul's. 😞

The sister spoke on IG earlier. She said that her mom cries when she sees those footprints. She thinks they're his. She (sister) said a woman who lives by there also has little children that she takes to the pond, so they could be her child's.
It be interesting to know whether there were any adult footprints. If not, they're likely Raul's. 

Does this other woman take her kids to the pond barefoot at this time of year?

I've joined a Facebook group and Raul's oldest sister is doing live Instagram videos and letting the be posted to the group. She seems worried sick and thinks he has been picked up too.

@Elainera (sorry I forgot to reply with quote)
It is currently 57 degrees here, and has been quite pleasant throughout the day. It's been in the lower 50's to upper 60's all week. It is quite cool at night (30's) but I don't think it's been cold enough to freeze.

My hunch about the possibility of him falling into the pond is that he didn’t fall in.
I’m not sure, but wouldn’t the body be floating if he did drowned? I know there’s been numerous cases where perps will attempt to weight down the victim to keep them from floating. So if that is the case, then it would appear foul play.
I don’t know this pond so maybe it’s really large and if he is trapped in brush or anything like that, the searchers maybe wouldn’t see him right away.
Oh god I hate just having to type and think such awful things :(

Once a person drowns, the body starts to sink as the air in the lungs is replaced by water. The body remains submerged until the bacteria in the gut & chest cavity release enough gases for it to float to the surface like a balloon. It could take days to weeks depending on different factors.

Once a person drowns, the body starts to sink as the air in the lungs is replaced by water. The body remains submerged until the bacteria in the gut & chest cavity release enough gases for it to float to the surface like a balloon. It could take days to weeks depending on different factors.

Ugh that’s an awful thought to wonder if that indeed is what happened to this lil guy [emoji22]

But thank you so much for explaining it... it makes sense now why they are still searching the pond.

Praying for good news.

http://people.com/crime/raul-johnson-missing-north-carolina/

Noon updates:

Crews are prepared to stay for days
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-scotland-county-4-year-old/688890309

North Carolina family awaits word on missing 4-year-old
Posted 40 minutes ago
http://www.wral.com/north-carolina-family-awaits-word-on-missing-4-year-old/17291640/

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13761/fbi-joins-childs-search
By Beth Lawrence
Jan 26 18

"...
The sheriff’s office plan to bring in reinforcements to give exhausted county personnel a chance to rest. More than 300 law enforcement and other first responders have involved in the search since Wednesday.

“The public can expect that sworn law enforcement personnel will double if not triple today. Scotland County Sheriff’s Office will continue lead the investigation with the assistance of multiple agencies across North Carolina, the SBI and the FBI,” Sadovnikov said.

Sadovnikov urged residents to continue to be alert for Raul and to not hesitate to call if they had information.

She expressed the office’s gratitude to the assisting agencies and the public.

“We’ve got assistance from as far away as Richmond, Virginia and the volunteers who showed up, we’re so grateful to them especially for the people who donated food. That’s been a big help. If we had not had it, some of us would not have had a meal.”..."

http://myfox8.com/2018/01/26/new-de...-north-carolina-boy-at-center-of-amber-alert/

"...They say a pond just 800 yards from Johnson’s home was drained yesterday and nothing was found. If he isn’t found today, authorities say the search will become a recovery mission.
..."

http://wwlp.com/2018/01/26/north-carolina-amber-alert-enters-day-three/
Earlier video with Mom and neighbor speaking about circumstances

..."Raul’s mother, Annie Johnson, said the boy’s grandfather was cooking in the kitchen when he lost track of the child."

http://abc11.com/search-for-missing-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy-enters-day-2/2991181/
Screenshot 2018-01-26 at 1.03.19 PM.jpg

(sorry bout reposts)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member