Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Little man, this isn't sounding good at all. I saw your picture and you've captured my heart. I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want and cherish a handsome little fellow like you.

Against the odds, I'm still holding out hope and praying for you. May God have mercy, and bring you home.

What a wonderful Sheriff, props to him for not stopping until he finds out what happened to Raul. I hope he finds answers soon.

Yes, he sounds like he's determined to find Raul. In an article posted a couple of hours ago he also said:

“If you have kids it’s our job to protect. You have to take care of them. You have to watch your own children. I child wonders off. Once, twice… talking to the neighbors. If it’s happening a lot bad things are going t happen to your children,” said Kersey.

http://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regi...-for-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/937456744

The article is worth reading although it's a little roughly written. It sounds like an uncle was either at the house or nearby when Raul went missing.

You are a kinder-hearted person than I. I get ANGRY at all these Moms who allow their "boyfriends" access to their kids when so often these"boyfriends"/supposed fathers/whatever they are... end up hurting, in some cases killing, the poor kids! What are these Moms thinking???

Same here -- at one time she was charged along with Gonzales. And we should remember that there is a 6 year-old in the family, too. IMO, some of the charges may have involved the 6 y/o.
Their charges in September, 2017, are below:

Gonzales was arrested on one count of felony second-degree sexual offense, two counts of indecent liberties with a minor, three counts of felony child abuse sex act, and one count of sexual assault.

He is being held in the Scotland County Detention Center under a $1.5 million bond.

Johnson was charged with five felony counts of child abuse by sexual assault, eight felony counts of accessory after the fact indecent liberties, and one felony count of forcible sex offense.

She is being held in the Scotland County Detention Center under a $500,000 bond.
article dated September 28, 2017 --
http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/12238/scotland-couple-is-jailed-on-child-sexual-abuse-charges

I can't stop thinking about this child. His siblings.

There was a case a few years ago, a young girl wandered off, she was found days later, in the forest, with bare minimum clothing, and she had survived. There's hope, even though I admit I don't believe there's much left.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/AMBER-ALERT-Missing-4-year-old-Scotland-County-boy-470977153.html
Update - Fri, 4:00 am, Jan 26 '18

..."on Thursday after a K9 tracked the boy's scent to the area of a pond.

Searchers found child-size footprints in the area, but found no other signs of the boy."
Yes. Unfortunately, there's no way to know when the scent nor foot prints were left. From what the police are saying, 'children' were allowed to wander frequently. So the prints could be his, from that day he disappeared, or from another day. The prints also could be from another child. I agree with the Sheriff that the pond needs to be drained to remove any thoughts he is in there. If he isn't? I don't know where the searching should start.

I can't stop thinking about this child. His siblings.

There was a case a few years ago, a young girl wandered off, she was found days later, in the forest, with bare minimum clothing, and she had survived. There's hope, even though I admit I don't believe there's much left.

If little Raul first went to a neighbor's, seems possible he was seeking shelter, maybe food and comfort. I'm having a hard time thinking he wondered too far into the woods unless there were some familiar shortcut to a place of comfort, a friend's place or family. There's a lumbar yard not too far from the corner, wondering if they may have security cams?

Wandering off and being found again more than once? Was there one person who would find them by any chance before, I wonder?

Would the young kids just show up again? Where would they go?

The investigators will know the right questions to ask and hopefully little Raul will be found safe.

It was in the 40's (temp) at the time he allegedly wandered off BAREFOOT. His little feet had to have been so cold! The cold & the elements would be painful for a 4-yr-old to walk 800 yards--let alone he was probably freezing cold. 😞
I don't know what to think, tbh.
I hope he is safe somewhere.

It's sounding as if it may be irrelevant at this point, but mention has been made of him having a history of roaming. Isn't that one of the characteristics of autism? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere but it just struck me when I saw that he was a roamer. If that is the case, he would have needed to be watched even more closely.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
I thought of that also.

That was Titus Tackett from Missouri. Happened not too long after Noah Chamberlain went missing while on a hike with his grandmother and sister in Tennessee. Titus' story broke my heart, he froze to death in a neighbor's van further down the road.
Yes, thank you! Titus was very determined and got half a mile to a mile, barefoot and in underwear only, at age 3.

http://dailyjournalonline.com/news/...cle_b78f5e91-f375-59a3-aca3-73eee4997df7.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I wonder if his sister has ever taken off with him and may know where his usual walking takes him?

[FONT=&amp]I love this commitment. Hats off to you.

“I’m not going to leave with any doubt in my mind or any other officers mind. It’s not that the divers didn’t do a good job but he’s a small child, weighs about thirty five pounds, and if I don’t drain, if we don’t drain it, then that doubt will always be there,” said Kersey.[/FONT]

Raul’s biological father, Carols Gonzales, is currently under a U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detainer hold after he was arrested in September 2017 on seven counts of child molestation.

The mother was also charged at the time with five felony counts of child abuse by sexual assault, eight felony counts of accessory after the fact indecent liberties, and one felony count of forcible sex offense.

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/t...rities-search-for-missing-scotland-county-boy

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

MERCY!!! :thud:

Interesting that the report says that he went every day to candy lady's house but never alone, but that earlier reports said that the odd thing about Wednesday's visit was that he wasn't talking/didn't say anything; not that he came alone and that it was unusual

Good catch, MissMalowe.

And it’s the same in another video. The reporter interviews the “Cookie Lady,” Shirley Norten-Stubbs, and the only thing she mentions as being unusual about Raul’s visit the day he disappeared is that he didn’t say anything, not that he was alone.

Something I just noticed for the first time this morning: This may be due to poor journalism or it could also be new information, since it says the article was updated only 2.5 hours ago:

“An Amber Alert was issued Wednesday for Raul Johnson after he was last seen by his grandfather on Village Drive.

Authorities said the boy was traveling on foot toward Crestline Road in Laurinburg.“ (BBM)”
http://abc11.com/search-for-missing-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy-enters-day-2/2991181/
So did the grandfather see Raul after 10:30am, when he is said to have visited the “Candy Lady”?

According to another report:
“The last person to see Raul was an elderly neighbor that he often visits for cookies and candy. That was around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. The woman said the child headed back toward his home.“ (BBM)
http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/top-stories/13737/search-continues-for-missing-scotland-boy

Yet it has also been reported:
“‘She [the neighbor] said he went over to her porch and knocked on her door. We said we walked down the steps to told him to go home and he walked down the steps but she didn’t look and see which way he went,” said Johnson.’” (BBM)
http://www.wbtw.com/news/state-regi...-for-4-year-old-scotland-county-boy/937456744

So which is it? Did the “Candy Lady” see Raul heading home, or did she not?

Also, does the following mean there was another adult at home when Raul went missing?
“Raul’s Uncle, Jamie Johnson says he was only gone about five minutes before they started looking for him.
‘We’ve been all through the woods. All under the trailer… everywhere looking for him,’ said Jamie
Jamie says he believes someone took him.
‘This is not a really big area… For a four or five-year-old to just roam the streets to go out. Someone would have seen him,’ said Johnson.
Jamie also wants people to stop saying negative things to social media.
‘You never think this will happen to you until it does. I really feel like somebody got him. I hope whoever has him. Keeps him safe and brings him back,’ said Jamie.”

As far as where he says Raul was only gone about five minutes. According to the neighbor, he was at her house at 10:30am (was the grandfather aware that Raul went over to the neighbor’s?). As to the time of the 911 call, it has been reported 11, 11:30, and shortly before noon. Yet, LE has stated they did not start searching for Raul until 2pm.

Why all the discrepancies?

I also wonder if the neighbor noticed whether or not Raul was barefoot.

BTW, it appears the family lives on Village Drive:
“The boy was reported missing from his home on Village Drive on Wednesday shortly before noon. An Amber Alert has been issued for the child.”
http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/top-stories/13737/search-continues-for-missing-scotland-boy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat
Back