Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The dogs that followed his scent to the barn, might also have identified a person who walked there with him, and to extrapolate, police might have a good idea who took him away from there. They must have good reason to drain the pond.
Good conjecture.

This is more or less what Raul's sister is thinking. She says there is always a bunch of kids out and no one has ever tried before as far as she knows.

Was the sister interviewed? Do you have a link to that MSM report?

:wagon::welcome4::welcome6:

to Websleuths, LolaLane!! We're glad you're here!!:greetings:

The dogs that followed his scent to the barn, might also have identified a person who walked there with him, and to extrapolate, police might have a good idea who took him away from there. They must have good reason to drain the pond.

Yes, that's a worry. Something's gotta give here.

To the barn and then to the pond? Scary. Not good.
or
If he had been abducted, LE/FBI may never find him. Not good.
or
If he wandered out in the road, he could have been hit by a car, and the driver panicked and hid his body. Not good. SMH

Still hoping for a good closure on this one, but it's just not looking good. :crossfingers:

That's exactly what I thought, too. He probably was concerned about refilling it. That would cost a lot.
I would let them drain my pond, but I am not him.
I don't think he's hiding anything, jmo.

If they offered to pay for it, then I don't think its reasonable to refuse. But then again people have their reasons. Maybe something else is in there.

I watched an Instagram video that the sister did live, where people were asking her questions and one of them asked did she think Raul was kidnapped and that's more or less how she answered.

I think TOS only allows us to discuss things from MSM.

bbm I don't think this can be done. They (the dogs) would have to have something to compare the scent of the unknown person to. Unless LE suspected someone and asked that person to be sniffed by the dogs and the dogs indicated that it's the same scent, I don't see how this could have happened. Well, the theory is not impossible but I think it's farfetched because the dogs would have only looked for Raul's scent and ignored any other and therefor not indicated to the handler that there's another person.

:wagon::welcome4::welcome6:

to Websleuths, LolaLane!! We're glad you're here!!:greetings:

Indeed!

( gosh I'm new here and don't want to sound like the bad guy but )

If I owned that pond, I'd want a warrant also..That's just using good sense and making sure all legalities were in proper order. I also know what land can look like after a search has been conducted and it isn't pretty or cheap to clean up after the fact or return to its" presearched "state. I agree, he is likely tired of those children being allowed to wander on to his property and wishes SS had been more vigilant the many times this family has already been under investigation.
As emotional as we all are about this situation the reality of it is the parent/guardians are responsible for the welfare of the child , not the neighbors or landowners near by.
. As for the " cookie lady" I sense no malice from her, in fact she is a far better person than I am as there is no way that anyone else's child would come daily to my door for cookies or candy. I simply wouldn't answer the door.. This child or any other neighborhood child is not her responciblity to watch daily as to where they wander and when. With that said---
I know we all feel highly emotional and are upset by this child being missing and want nothing more than for him to be brought home safely.

Sounds like it may have been about getting equipment there to do it right, perhaps?

Sorry not msm. I've deleted.

Hope you don't think I was being an annoying, finger-pointer or singling you out. Last thread I followed got a temporary shut down by the mods for TOS violations and it's hard/boring to just sit around waiting for an active thread to be re-opened :tantrum: :laughing:

This is troublesome to me.
Annie Johnson told the reporter that the morning Raul went missing....

"Yesterday morning he was like";
"Mama, please don't go to work." "And I told him, I had to go to work."

And then when the neighbor talked to the reporter, she said Raul wouldn't talk (according to what she said). It's kind of hard to make out certain words, but this is what I have.
This is was when Raul went to her house prior to wandering off. Was Raul afraid of someone in his house?
------
Shirley Stubbs/the elderly neighbor (transcribed to the best of my ability)
"What do you want? He still won't say nothing. Afterwards, if you ain't gonna tell me what you want, then go back to your papa."

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/17289586/?ref_id=17289201

Hope you don't think I was being an annoying, finger-pointer or singling you out. Last thread I followed got a temporary shut down by the mods for TOS violations and it's hard/boring to just sit around waiting for an active thread to be re-opened :tantrum: :laughing:
No not at all. I would rather someone point me in the right direction if it means keeping this thread open. It took me quite a while to figure out how to edit, I've never been naughty before and I don't want to start now. Thankyou *advertiser censored* :blushing::blushing:

"Yesterday morning he was like,

And then when the neighbor talked to the reporter, she said Raul wouldn't talk (according to what she said). It's kind of hard to make out certain words, but this is what I have.
This is was when Raul went to her house prior to wandering off. Was Raul afraid of someone in his house?
------
Shelley Stubbs/the elderly neighbor (transcribed to the best of my ability)
"What do you want? He still won't say nothing. Afterwards, if you ain't gonna tell me what you want, then go back to your papa."

Appreciate going off your post, if I may, Auntisemantic.

If Raul was getting away from harm, it stands to reason that if the neighbor saw him, then whomever he was avoiding at home did not follow him out, according to what we know.

So, turned away from the neighbor, it seems possible the last thing he would want to deal with is more people before mom gets home?

"Yesterday morning he was like,

------
Shelley Stubbs/the elderly neighbor (transcribed to the best of my ability)

This breaks my heart. He was unable to communicate / articulate what was happening, what he needed. He went to her for help, and unfortunately she didn't pick up on it. Not her fault, but very very sad.

Which reminds me, whatever happened to the barn in the woods, more than 3 miles away, where dogs followed his scent on the first day? Then suddenly a pond was mentioned, much nearer to home, and now it's all about the pond or ponds.

Yep! Someone mentioned earlier that if Raul was out and about a lot then there will be multiple scent trails which the dogs could pick up and that's why there's different locations. Separate dogs on different searches both lost his scent at the barn. But would a 4yo be able to walk 3 miles by himself, this day or any previous day?

Even though they said they found no evidence of foul play there except for 'a disturbance in the pine needles', I think somethings up with that barn, IMO.

:thinking:

At this point, the odds are this beautiful child is gone. However, I absolutely refuse to stop praying.

Could there be the slightest, ever so slight chance this little sweetie is hiding? One would think he would get hungry and cold enough to come out of hiding...but what if something happened at home that was so horrible he is petrified to go home?

I sure hope that Mom is telling the truth....

At this point LE is focused on the pond, determined to discover whether a crime has been committed. The visit to the cookie neighbor is yesterday's news as well tracking Raul to a barn three miles away. They won't admit that; it's still a missing person case, but it's moved beyond that to a suspected crime scene at the pond. It's likely Raul would have succumbed to hypothermia by now if he were out there somewhere.

I am heartbroken this little guy is still missing. I wanted to see "located safe" next to his name.

At this point, the odds are this beautiful child is gone. However, I absolutely refuse to stop praying.

Could there be the slightest, ever so slight chance this little sweetie is hiding? One would think he would get hungry and cold enough to come out of hiding...but what if something happened at home that was so horrible he is petrified to go home?

I sure hope that Mom is telling the truth....

The sand around that pond would've been warm that day. He could sink his feet in it. I don't think he would want to go in the water. Maybe he was there for a while hid out and moved on and into trouble.

Reminds me of little Malik and how much people held out hope and kept searching. Family kept secrets. There too, there was a kind neighbor who got pulled in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back