NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that it was unlikely some perpetrator was hanging out on a rural road in God's country waiting for his victim to show up, one which he did not know was driving through. I think this was a planned event for Sarah to "slip out of dodge." And that is probably the best outcome, so I hope that is the case.

Her father is a veteran of the Robeson County Sheriff's department per the original story at http://www.wncn.com/story/28029017/robeson-county-teen-missing-after-car-found-in-field: "Sara's father Hubert, is a 16 year veterans of the sheriff's department."

So he can't have been living in Texas. I haven't seen a thing that even mentions the mother.

Maybe she had been going to college in Texas, didn't like it, and had just moved back home?

This case might be as simple as Sarah did not like her new living arraignment or her new area, and maybe she decided to run away with someone. I can't imagine it is an easy transition to move from Texas to North Carolina. Maybe she just did not like it there.

She's 18. There's no reason for her to run away. She could just pack her bags and leave.

I mean, yes, people do run away at all ages, so it's not impossible. Just seems unlikely.

She had recently moved to the area from Texas about six months ago, according to Major Anthony Thompson with the Robeson County Sheriff's Office. The vehicle belongs to Sgt. Hubert Graham, Graham’s father and a sheriff’s deputy, a 16-year veteran of the Robeson County Sheriff's Department, was found around 12:15 Wednesday afternoon abandoned in a wheat field near the edge of the tree line on East McDonald Road near I-95 in Fairmont. Graham was last seen Wednesday morning. She left her home on Centerville Church Road around 6:30 that morning to drive to work at the Walmart in Pembroke

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-carolina-deputys-daughter-missing-car-found-abandoned/
http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151696088/Search-continues-for-missing-teen
http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1160741#.VNe1-PnF8rk

This is local for me. The area is very rural. There are never many cars around at any time of the day. The van was found in an open area near farmer's fields, but the woods around the fields are dense and swampy - very easy hide things. We have over 100 acres of woods and have gotten lost on our own property. Local people seem to think that it was a planned meeting with someone. That's why police are searching phone records and her computer.

Here is the latest from the local newspaper: http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151718228/Command-post-set-up-in-search-for-missing-teen
Curious why local people would think she had a planned meeting with someone. She apparently was dressed to go to work at Walmart and left home only 30 minutes before she was to be there. Was there someone she was supposed to pick up along the way and take to work? Were there prior incidents where she was either late for work or missed work for no explainable reason?

MOO

She's 18. There's no reason for her to run away. She could just pack her bags and leave.

I mean, yes, people do run away at all ages, so it's not impossible. Just seems unlikely.
Agree. I am more inclined to think foul-play was involved than she voluntarily took off without telling anyone, unless there is something in her past that hasn't been revealed, such as previously running away from home or erratic behavior. If she wanted to leave she could have at any time, not after getting dressed and heading to work in the early morning. Also where the van was found, how would she get anywhere from there except to walk for miles?

MOO

They are putting a lot of resources into finding Sara. The search was called 'massive' by LE. They have even enlisted the help of ATF, so I'm curious as to whether this is a professional courtesy, or perhaps they know more than is being released.

Running away and leaving your vehicle behind does not strike me as something an 18 year old girl would do. JMO

http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151718228/Command-post-set-up-in-search-for-missing-teen

Officials are working to contact anyone Graham may have seen or spoken to before her disappearance. A search of her computer and phone records turned up little information. Graham’s cell phone appears to be off.

The Sheriff’s Office is encouraging people to share a flier with Graham’s photo and description on social media. The flier can be found on the Facebook page “Robeson County Sheriff Kenneth Sealey.”

https://www.facebook.com/2339544797...33954479787/10153023792949788/?type=1&theater

Running away and leaving your vehicle behind does not strike me as something an 18 year old girl would do. JMO

Especially one with a sheriff's deputy dad, with 16 years of law enforcement training under his belt. Unless of course she actually wanted a full scale search done and mega-media attention. Nope, I don't think she disappeared voluntarily :(

I wonder if she may have ever been followed home by a co-worker or customer who spotted her at the Wal-Mart during one of her shifts.

I wonder if her work schedule is fairly constant or if the days she works varies a lot. Who might be aware of her coming and going from the home?
Parents there got anyone holding a grudge against them, due to their line of work?
Her vehicle was left there in that field, but I wonder if they checked any cameras at WaL mart, or on the way TO work on her normal presumed route.

I don't think Sarah has voluntarily run away, have her close friends revealed anything to the media, i.e had she ever met anyone off the internet etc... its the 6. 30 am that's bothering me, just very strange, i pray and hope she is safe.

I wonder if her work schedule is fairly constant or if the days she works varies a lot. Who might be aware of her coming and going from the home?
Parents there got anyone holding a grudge against them, due to their line of work?
Her vehicle was left there in that field, but I wonder if they checked any cameras at WaL mart, or on the way TO work on her normal presumed route.

Comments under one of the articles suggest the possibility of revenge against her father.

It looks as though she is Lumbee, judging by her looks as well as the location. Her looks also make me wonder if she suffers from a condition that would make her more susceptible to a predator...

I went back to all the articles to look at the pics again and only see he graduation pic and the one of her in a plaid shirt. What kind of condition are you referring to exactly?

The way the articles are written it does not sound like the vehicle was on or near the road, it sounds like it was either driven across the field to be deserted by the woodline or perhaps there is a cowpath to drive between the woodline and the field....This does not sound like a girl that ran away or is taking a break. I would think she would have left it in a parking lot or at least pulled it onto the side of the road, this leads me to think the worst. IMHO

From my sleuthing , I have gathered that her mother lives in California, her Father is remarried and lives in Fairmont, up the road from me, very small town, she graduated this past year(2014) from high school in texas, cant figure out who she lived with in Texas, her best friend(girl)
talked to her on the phone the night before at her Fairmont home that she has been living there since 6 months, she seems like a very nice young lady , ie, not into drugs or alcohol.Last ones to see her was parents at Fairmont house. The van belonged to her father (sherrif). I hate what I'm thinking :( NOT GOOD!!
Sara, PLEASE BE SOMEWHERE SAFE!!!
This story is keeping me up, something VERY HINKY!!

Has anyone done a map yet to show her residence, Walmart, and where her car was found? I am not good at doing maps...I would love to see if where the van was located would be enroute to Walmart or if it is off the beaten path???? I think either someone was in the van when she got in it that morning, got in at a stop light or if she had stopped to put in gas/stopped for coffee, or in the Walmart parking lot upon arriving at work. I hope they are looking for any CCTV or cameras on her route and at Walmart. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1