NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a 1 way direction road she was stopped most likely. And most likely from them being in front of her on the road.

I think a lot have seen this tactic before in missing person cases it look like routine stop or service help stop. I read she was police man daughter then she should know self defense very well. I'm pretty certain she does.

I don't really think being a policeman's daughter makes her any more self-defense savvy than being the daughter of a pilot makes a girl able to fly a plane. Especially since it sounds like she only recently moved in with him.

I don't really think being a policeman's daughter makes her any more self-defense savvy than being the daughter of a pilot makes a girl able to fly a plane. Especially since it sounds like she only recently moved in with him.

It very common that Le teach their the children ,wives and families members how to defend themselves because it part of their everyday profession.. A pilot will teach his children things and show them things about his craft, the dangers because you never when they ill have to do these things in life or when they will occur for his family or his own saftey.. Same as for a policeman, its very common, that why I brought it up.

I didn't say it is a mandatory thing for all but its highly normal a policeman of his caliber would have shown/told her something to defend her self . We don't know the relationship between them ok ,but norm is they(police) teach the family member certain things to defend themselves verbally or other wise.. Its pretty much common practice.

"FAIRMONT — Robeson County Sheriff Kenneth Sealey said new information on the whereabouts of an 18-year-old missing since Wednesday has led law enforcement officers to a different area to search."

http://www.robesonian.com/news/home...ce-shifts-search-area-for-missing-18-year-old

Thanks for the link, Dockins.

Sheriff’s Office shifts search area for missing 18-year-old
by Sarah Willets Feb 09.'15 3:06 pm

“We have just a little bit more than what we did have,”... "declining to elaborate on what the new information is."

[snipped]

"searched the areas of Jenkins Road near Old Stage Road and Covington Road near U.S. 301 South, according to Maj. Anthony Thompson, chief of detectives. They continued to search areas near Fairmont on Monday,"

Leads regarding Graham’s whereabouts have been slow to come in.

During the weekend, officers searched the areas of Jenkins Road near Old Stage Road and Covington Road near U.S. 301 South. They continued to search areas near Fairmont on Monday.

Last week, a command center was set up at the Emergency Operations Center next to the Sheriff’s Office to take calls about Graham’s whereabouts. Sealey said today the command center is no longer in operation, but tips can still be called into the Sheriff’s Office at 910-671-3100.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/home...ce-shifts-search-area-for-missing-18-year-old

Leads regarding Graham’s whereabouts have been slow to come in.

During the weekend, officers searched the areas of Jenkins Road near Old Stage Road and Covington Road near U.S. 301 South. They continued to search areas near Fairmont on Monday.

Last week, a command center was set up at the Emergency Operations Center next to the Sheriff’s Office to take calls about Graham’s whereabouts. Sealey said today the command center is no longer in operation, but tips can still be called into the Sheriff’s Office at 910-671-3100.

No command center and no searches? That's not good.

No command center and no searches? That's not good.

Searches in Fairmont on Monday. Leads have been slow. They did get a little bit of a lead today, what that is right now we don't know. Command center no longer operating.

Background on the Robeson county Sheriff 's office where dad and step-mom are both deputies.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3070242/

This happened six years ago, was a huge scandal that still affects the sheriff's dept. The former sheriff has finished his sentence and is now out of prison but the investigation and resulting convictions was the largest of its kind in US history.

The county is poor, high crime rate, high unemployment. They have recent history of major problems in the sheriff's dept. and the residual effects that could cause.

The truck was found locked with no evidence of more than 1 car/1 person being there. Looks dumped in other words. The article below shows ongoing problems at the sheriff's office but hopefully not too widespread. With both parents working for the department but not being caught up in the mess it raises questions if they could be subject to retribution for perceived betrayal. However, it is a large family and Sara only recently moved there. MOO

Former Robeson County Sheriff's Office jailer accused of supplying controlled substances to inmates

A former Robeson County Sheriff's Office jailer and son of a county commissioner is accused of giving controlled substances to inmates, authorities say.

Ex-jailer arrested on bribery charges

It is not as uncommon as you may think for people in the detentions/corrections field to find trouble with bringing in contraband, or even being caught getting too friendly with inmates. I do not think this would be at the root of this young ladies disappearance. However, the crime rate is astounding per capita.

I also agree that LE parents are more paranoid, hence teaching their children some self defense and things to do/not do. However if this young lady was only with her dad/stepmom for six months, odds are that she would not have the "know how" that she would have had if she had been raised in his household all along, if that makes sense. Most children learn the most as parents are re qualifying for the PPCT etc... Dinner conversations over a lifetime also ingrain tons also. I hope she is alright, but I don't feel good about this one. She seems like such a wholesome, innocent young girl and I pray the worst did not happen. IMHO

The van was found unlocked...I wonder if the keys were in it? Was her personal belongings gone or in the van? Was the seat positioned for her, or was the seat further back making it look like someone else possibly had driven it?

NO, the van was found locked.

The van was found unlocked...I wonder if the keys were in it? Was her personal belongings gone or in the van? Was the seat positioned for her, or was the seat further back making it look like someone else possibly had driven it?

A little more information:

Sara's parents left for work when Sara left. Her stepmother is a juvenile detective in the Sheriff's Office

About noon a caller reported a suspicious vehicle in a field off McDonald Road.The Chevrolet van was parked several feet off the road and the doors were locked.

Searches of the girl's computer and phone records have not turned up any leads. Graham's phone has been turned off and hasn't been found.

Wow, Thank you for clarifying, I misread. So where ever she is she has her purse/ID with her, keys, phone....and they/she took the time to lock up the vehicle, and yet leaves it in a field or several feet off the side of the road. (depending on which news report you read). Does anyone know if she had a boyfriend? Girlfriend? love interest?

Just found this, you have to friend this group, I've never seen such a buch of closed lip people very worried, I hit friend, I'll see how long it takes for approval. Very little amount of people for such a serious event :( Finding Sara Graham on FB

Wow, Thank you for clarifying, I misread. So where ever she is she has her purse/ID with her, keys, phone....and they/she took the time to lock up the vehicle, and yet leaves it in a field or several feet off the side of the road. (depending on which news report you read). Does anyone know if she had a boyfriend? Girlfriend? love interest?

Everything I've read has said the Chevrolet Astro was found abandoned, empty, and with nothing suspicious about it. I'm guessing by that they mean no signs of a struggle.

An interview with someone claiming to be her great uncle said this is not in character for her, she is friendly, stays in touch with friends by texting, and does not get into trouble.

Her father said he is more concerned with her safety and well-being than her whereabouts and hopes she is alive.

Someone claiming to be her friend from high school says she talked to Sara frequently, that Sara was happy in North Carolina, enjoyed her large extended family, and was fine the night before this happened. Sara's parents have said everything was fine the next morning before she left for work.

Multiple areas are being searched for clues to help find a missing teen in Robeson County, said Sheriff Kenneth Sealey told News13.

Investigators were still out Monday night helping to track down leads in the case of missing 18-year-old Sara Nicole Graham, Sealey said.

Sealey said Monday that there were "several areas" being searched, the searches were still active and would resume on Tuesday morning.

An investigator working on finding Graham told News13 Monday night that a large search is planned Wednesday by law enforcement and search and rescue crews.

Good question. I wonder if anyone saw her Tuesday night. 6:30 is early to leave for work so her family members could have been asleep.

Yes, and she is reported to have talked to a friend from Texas that night who said she seemed fine. Her parents thought she was fine when they all left for work the next morning at roughly the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1