NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't get a handle on this case - nothing makes sense.

Do we know whether or not there were other people living in the house? Does her step mother have children?

Was it usual for Sara to take her father's vehicle to work, or did someone usually drive her?

My instinct tells me that the car was left in the clearing by someone other than Sara, and it was meant to be found. It just looks staged to me.

I don't believe she left of her own accord - she would have taken her possesions with her. She could also have made arrangements to have someone pick her up from the house after the parents had left - who meets someone in a field?
SAD, we don't know any answers to the questions you have and whats to tell if she did do what you don't believe,? She could have taken her possesions , what would she need? Her birth certificate? Those are easy to get, maybe she had one on her, her SS card she probably had that on her, her drivers license , the same, she can get another one wherever she goes, she's 18, she can be anywhere she wants to be, she has a lot of living family across the USA. KWIM?

SAD, we don't know any answers to the questions you have and whats to tell if she did do what you don't believe,? She could have taken her possesions , what would she need? Her birth certificate? Those are easy to get, maybe she had one on her, her SS card she probably had that on her, her drivers license , the same, she can get another one wherever she goes, she's 18, she can be anywhere she wants to be, she has a lot of living family across the USA. KWIM?

If she is somewhere safe with family or friends, then what she did was a very hostile act. She could have left a note if she wasn't comfortable telling her father she wasn't happy and wanted to leave. Letting people think she is possibly dead is not something that most normal people would do.

If she is somewhere safe with family or friends, then what she did was a very hostile act. She could have left a note if she wasn't comfortable telling her father she wasn't happy and wanted to leave. Letting people think she is possibly dead is not something that most normal people would do.
Maybe she HAD to , for a reason we will never know about.

Does anyone remember how they described her disappearance? They said she left for work that morning from her home on Centerville Church Rd. for her job at Walmart. After the searches it was reported they had searched the possible routes she could have taken.
  • Do you believe they were confused about her route that first day.
  • Do you think they ever looked at any surveillace tape.
  • Why so unwilling to say what are those possible routes?
Does this indicate to you it was believed early on that she had simply left?

I was going to write,that would be good, but then it goes against what I think happened , and that's I believe Sara left on her own and she is safe,and that's why everything is quiet? I feel like the actual yo-yo. IYKWIM ?

Quiet could just as well be due LE looking out for Sara's interest, first of all, and justice, of course, with all the agencies involved. Maybe whomever did such a flawless job of making Sara vanish with no trace so far wants the attention for the case, maybe a nut with a grudge or whatever it could be behind the silence, I see no reason not to trust it. If the wagons seem circled on this case in terms of information being made public, it seems for good reason to me.

Thank you for taking the time to explain, I miss things left and right all the time and appreciate your thoughts

If they made this call early on, and they were wrong, it's coming back to bite them. After all those pointed remarks, "Sara just let me know you're okay." "She could've just left with friends." And at the same time they're not searching other routes or looking at surveillance tape? I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now not having heard anything from Sara for going on three weeks.

Does anyone remember how they described her disappearance? They said she left for work that morning from her home on Centerville Church Rd. for her job at Walmart. After the searches it was reported they had searched the possible routes she could have taken.
  • Do you believe they were confused about her route that first day.
  • Do you think they ever looked at any surveillace tape.
  • Why so unwilling to say what are those possible routes?
This is one of the first articles posted.
http://www.wncn.com/story/28029017/robeson-county-teen-missing-after-car-found-in-field
First posted the day she went missing ,then updated the next day.

Says,
"A large search was conducted with dozens of Robeson County deputies, a NC Highway Patrol helicopter and Bladen County Deputies, according to Sealey."

Doesn't say where was searched and it doesn't tell her route. Shouldn't the family have been aware of her route? Come to think of it, if Walmart should've checked when she didn't show up how about the family checking in with her occasionally? Of course that's a different sort of question.

Says,
"A large search was conducted with dozens of Robeson County deputies, a NC Highway Patrol helicopter and Bladen County Deputies, according to Sealey."

Doesn't say where was searched and it doesn't tell her route. Shouldn't the family have been aware of her route? Come to think of it, if Walmart should've checked when she didn't show up how about the family checking in with her occasionally? Of course that's a different sort of question.
Then the request for the "public" search on foot was not until the 11th, one week after her disappearance. Since then no searches? SAD!! NO NEWS!!!

WRAL / Posted February 6 Here, Sheriff Kenneth Sealey says

"There's been no trouble with her dad or stepmother. Everything was going good," he said. "It's not like her to be doing – very unlikely for her to do this."

And in the days that followed her family, friends, even customers had nothing to say that could contradict that statement, nothing on SM, etc...

As Tonya Brown reports, News Channel 15 /WWMB the next day,

"Deputies got a call about a suspicious vehicle found around 12:15 Wednesday afternoon abandoned in a wheat field near the edge of the tree line on East McDonald Road near I-95 in Fairmont."

"Thompson said her disappearance is strange because it appears she's vanished without a trace. He added there was nothing suspicious around the scene where her car was found."

So I guess the searches were for her (since she seemed to have VANISHED), a trace ... of her, or for something suspicious? Still would like to see surveillance tapes along the route. There might have been some along some possible routes.

It's interesting there seems to be an expression among those here of the lack of trust in this Police Department. Interesting because I believe that's how the public sees things in that county - a lack of trust

In other words we are actually mirroring the public in Robeson county.

O/T

Somebody really wants to be clean and smell good if it is the same person doing the stealing.

"three perfume sets, valued at a total of $357, were stolen from Belk on North Elm Street in Lumberton, according to a police report."
http://www.robesonian.com/news/blotter/151969757/Crime-report

"$100 worth of body wash was stolen from CVS on West Fifth Street in Lumberton, according to a police report."
http://www.robesonian.com/news/besonian.com/news/blotter/151969757/blotter/152010879/Crime-report

It's interesting there seems to be an expression among those here of the lack of trust in this Police Department. Interesting because I believe that's how the public sees things in that county - a lack of trust

In other words we are actually mirroring the public in Robeson county.

Not to demean your sense of the public which I assume you would mean SM or reports of previous controversies, I may be wrong in assuming that, but the Sheriff was recently elected by some members of the public in Robeson, it seems.

Not to demean your sense of the public which I assume you would mean SM or reports of previous controversies, I may be wrong in assuming that, but the Sheriff was recently elected by some members of the public in Robeson, it seems.

That is so very very true. Thank you for pointing that out. I needed that.

This is one of the best articles that tell you in detail why some of us think that way.
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/cri...cle_b9996e39-0bab-58a8-a1d7-45699d8a5e41.html

Thank you; I read that. I've read about the situation before. I think it had a profound effect on the department and the community. The effect is probably residual to some extent. Some have moved on others are still doubtful. When you have a crime of this magnitude involving a deputy it's bound to have some effect, perceived or otherwise, on that investigation. In the long run the best way to remedy the situation is for investigations to be effective. This one seems to be lacking. Maybe that's just perception which may be helped by more and better reporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces