NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she has been missing for 20 days now and no further news articles or press releases have been given? They found her car, started a search team and have nothing else to say?

I recall other missing persons cases being media heavy, releasing surveillance, details, descriptions, etc. etc... but for this all we get is "she left for work but never arrived; found her car in a field"???

I do not believe she just up and walked away from her life. It takes a lot to walk away and not look back, such as money, a place to go, transportation. If you do not have those kind of things and you walk away, its a very very tough, hard, unforgiving road, and I just cannot picture her being able to handle it for this long. I know from personal experience the road is a scary place, and even the toughest of friends cannot handle it for long if they try and live your lifestyle. That leaves two things in my eyes, either she was taken against her will, or she met someone online/in town and ran off with them. (again, you would think by now she would have contacted at least one person from her life). I therefore lean towards something happened to her that she had no control over that morning....but for some reason I think she is alive. (and I usually don't, I am very pessimistic from being on Web Sleuths so long). Who would take her and why? At this hour of the morning, in the dark, I find it hard to believe its random, unless she stopped somewhere. Otherwise I think it was a planned abduction....again why? IMHO

Thinking more about private lands, hunting, water, maybe duck hunting, what about somewhere like this as an example:
http://www.nclandandfarms.com/land-...nting-property-for-sale-in-robeson-county-nc/

A private lake, reminiscent of both the Runion's case, and JLM/HG.

I hate to type like this is a recovery mission, maybe its inappropriate to speculate like this. If so, I sincerely apologize, its just so much time has gone by though...I've been a member here too long...as mentioned earlier, so many things about this case are just so troubling, the abandoned vehicle and its location, the high crime rate (which actually, we know that anything can happen anywhere, even in low crime areas), her family being in LE...

FTR, and no offense to any locals, I can understand, as stated upstream, why someone might not be thrilled about living in this area, jmo. I hope she was just unhappy here and left willingly. If you're reading this Sara, at least let someone know you are okay. As mentioned upstream, we have seen cases here where people were being held against their will by some terrible people, we just want to help bring you home if this is the case.

As for me, I've speculated/brainstormed to the maximum, I think. Unless we get some more information from LE, or I get some sort of epiphany, I'm afraid I don't know what else to contribute at this point. RSOs are always an important consideration, but with all the agencies working this case, I have little doubt that they have investigated these people thoroughly. What does concern me, as I stated before, is someone who might not be registered.

IMO, I think if this is an abduction, that the possibility of more than one individual can not be ruled out, due to the aspect of the vehicle, jmo.

To everyone here who has remained diligent in this case, FindHG, SBHack, carbuff, Han, Gigtu, Aeronomy, JerseyGirl, granola, Ontario Mom, sreshowtime, EmmaRose, beachlvr0810, trigger, cat patrol, cuffem, Astridxx, los, swainee (the list goes on, sorry if I'm leaving anyone out), yall rock.

Sending positive thoughts to Sara and her family, as well as all the searchers and investigators in this case.

The only thing I can think of to do is keep researching / looking for any possibly similar documented incidents, as in the case of ARS and the jogger he attacked prior to abducting Jessica.

Hoping there is a break in the case, new information soon. Hoping you are safe Sara wherever you are.

Thank you, great lady. You know how to do it... learning from you.

The thing that occurred to me, not yet having caught up with all the links you posted, is that if this was planned, besides her name being like Hannah's, and the rural setting, being similar, could the time of year made a difference, something like hunting season? I have no idea if that is a factor, and local input and knowledge of the patterns in the area would help a lot. What kind of hunting, trapping, craft, off the grid activities are there around there?

If there's no electronic trail, it seemed to me the areas of Sara's exposure as, Skully outlines so well in this post, to somebody: who had concern enough to do this and not be seen in the early morning; who knew not to leave any scent trail or evidence pointing in some direction, from either the ping area or where the car was left; who may now control Sara's capacity to communicate; as why would anyone go through a controlled abduction that seems so well planned, leave no trace and not want to control the object of all their efforts?

I hope she's alive and makes it back safe. Unless LE knows more in terms of who she may have ran into, this feels like done by somebody fairly local with a car pre-positioned on her route, while it was still dark, and Sara moved from car to car, I don't think at all willingly. The last ping would tell so much more if LE were to share the timing of it.

I just saw this thread. I haven't read it all but at 18, living and working in a small town, and having a dad that is a cop, would be hard for a teenager. I would think she would have a few options to meet guys, like at work, or on FB or internet. So I am wondering if she was seeing someone at work or met someone on line and they knew her route to and from work and time. I am sure they have checked out any laptops, notebooks that would have her internet history on it. Everyone knows that you have to ditch a car or truck and phone these days so as not to be located. So either she left on her own or she met up with the wrong person. Hope she is found soon and unharmed, what a nightmare for her dad, as he knows the drill with these kind of cases.

Nice catch, trigger, thank you.

I have a question...What is swap meets?

I went back to page one to see if I missed anything and noticed her Uncle stated...

“She would always be texting her friends. She wasn’t a loner. She was friendly but she would stay out of trouble,” said Jose Armenta, Graham’s great-uncle who lives in California.

“Everybody is just hoping for the best,” said Armenta, recalling times that Graham would stay with his family in California and they would go to swap-meets together.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151696088/Search-continues-for-missing-teen

I do not believe she just up and walked away from her life. It takes a lot to walk away and not look back, such as money, a place to go, transportation. If you do not have those kind of things and you walk away, its a very very tough, hard, unforgiving road, and I just cannot picture her being able to handle it for this long. I know from personal experience the road is a scary place, and even the toughest of friends cannot handle it for long if they try and live your lifestyle. That leaves two things in my eyes, either she was taken against her will, or she met someone online/in town and ran off with them. (again, you would think by now she would have contacted at least one person from her life). I therefore lean towards something happened to her that she had no control over that morning....but for some reason I think she is alive. (and I usually don't, I am very pessimistic from being on Web Sleuths so long). Who would take her and why? At this hour of the morning, in the dark, I find it hard to believe its random, unless she stopped somewhere. Otherwise I think it was a planned abduction....again why? IMHO

Agreed. Well said. Thank you.

I understand she might have reasons for just up and leaving, but I can't fathom why as a legal adult she wouldn't tell someone, whether a friend or a family member. Even if she wanted to keep it secret before she left, why not call someone to let them know she's OK? Surely she must know her family and friends are looking for her.

Maybe she's mad and thinks they never cared about her so she doesn't think about them being worried. Maybe she thinks about it and enjoys hurting them like they've hurt her. maybe she believes if she calls they will somehow manipulate her into coming back. Or maybe she's afraid they won't want her come back.

Maybe the peace she feels away from them is intoxicating and she never thinks of them at all. All this assuming she left willingly.

Okay, all the possibilities here are (and please note, I mean no offense by listing them all, but from an outsider's point of view, these are literally all this could be):

1) Abduction: by known person to Sara, or unknown person to Sara. This could be via any kind of plan, though - from her having a burner phone to meet up with someone, to her being carjacked or lured at a stop sign. I would think evidence on the car would rule out certain scenarios, as well as her scent being in the field or near the road. This one could also end either way, alive or not :(

2) Runaway: to friends, family, anyone. At this point, I think it's gone on a little long and the search has been a little extensive for her to have pulled this off. 36 agencies helping search for her, I'm sure they've checked all the friends they know about.

3) Accidental/non-accidental death at home: I did not like typing this one, but again, this one I feel could be easily ruled in or out by LE with evidence we haven't heard/seen.

4) Suicide: This one is one I feel like no one wants to talk about, but people can be totally "okay" in the hours before they commit suicide and then do it. I would think her purse/ID stuff would have been left in the car if so, but maybe she only carried a wallet or something on her person.

To me, the most obvious possibilities are 1 and 4. There's just so little evidence of her being around as a runaway after the day she was last seen, and if they were looking at home, the FBI wouldn't still be helping in the search for her.

Granola, thanks for that awesome list.

I agree with you, #3 is icky. But deep down to my deepest core, this is what 'feels' to be the case. I can't explain why, and it doesn't even feel like intuition. It feels like knowledge. Like, I just know. I hope I'm wrong, I want to be wrong.

I don't agree with #3 and it goes back to where they found the van. there are several places around there where you could hide the van pretty effectively. Hiding it would fit better with her just leaving or being abducted. The van would be found as a part of the search when they reported her missing.

I would add #5, murdered. I can picture things like being stalked by the ex of a person she's been interested in, random crime victim, etc. Maybe somebody flagged her down hoping to steal her car and bashed her head in when she got out, or something. I think this is the least likely but still possible.

if she only had a phone, an Iphone or Android, she could still use FB and the internet and get text and calls. So if the phone is gone and off, can they still get information from it via the phone co? I know FB would have to let them into her account, because she is 18 but all the stuff you delete and hide, it is there. Not the pm messages, but the stuff on your wall. I really feel she met someone and that person was not who they pretended to be. Or she will find it out and if she is able, will get away and contact her Dad.

I just wanted to note that in Jennifer Kesse's case, the kidnapper or helper returned her car, and in the Michelle Parker case the car was parked by a mall but was caught on video being driven back to that location to be abandoned. So it is possible that someone other than her, parked that truck in that field, but they had to walk out or drive out.

I would add #5, murdered. I can picture things like being stalked by the ex of a person she's been interested in, random crime victim, etc. Maybe somebody flagged her down hoping to steal her car and bashed her head in when she got out, or something. I think this is the least likely but still possible.

I counted this in with abducted since they had to have taken her/her body in some way or led her somewhere. There's no way she's in the van, and unlikely in that field area.

if she only had a phone, an Iphone or Android, she could still use FB and the internet and get text and calls. So if the phone is gone and off, can they still get information from it via the phone co? I know FB would have to let them into her account, because she is 18 but all the stuff you delete and hide, it is there. Not the pm messages, but the stuff on your wall. I really feel she met someone and that person was not who they pretended to be. Or she will find it out and if she is able, will get away and contact her Dad.

This is why I wondered, back a few pages, why they ever said her social media had no clues/signs. There are plenty of social apps where it keeps no trace of your conversations. Social media these days isn't just Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, apps like Kik, Whatsapp, Snapchat, Whisper, etc are way less likely to show any trace of your history depending on how you use them.

Why didn't they show her car on the missing person flyer?

When they were searching the area they showed a picture of her but they did not show her car to people.

See article below that says-
Officers on Friday afternoon were stopping cars to show drivers a photo of Graham and ask if they had seen her.

http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151718228/Command-post-set-up-in-search-for-missing-teen

I agree Skully but I think it wasn't plan for that day because she was wearing her work vest. But I think she knows the person.

I have a few questions.

Why did she leave Texas?
Is her Dad and Step Mom strict with her?
Does she have a curfew to get her dads car back a certain time?

I have a few questions.

Why did she leave Texas?
Is her Dad and Step Mom strict with her?
Does she have a curfew to get her dads car back a certain time?

To add to that, how did she get along with her step mother?

I know she left TX because her mom moved to CA, retired from the military I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mzrowdy