NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no proof that she was in the van that morning. As someone else asked, who saw Sara last? Do we trust this person? Did she stop for gas or anything on her way to work? How do we know for sure she was in the van that day??

If this was in reply to my post, note that I wrote "If the van was left in the window between 6:30 and 6:45 I don't think there would be time to do much cleaning."

However, I don't have any reason to doubt the official timeline.

They wouldn't still be putting it out there if they had reason to doubt it (because it could work against the goal of finding her to put out false info) and it's the same agency that fired the person that people are suspicious of (so there's no reason to assume they're taking her word alone on anything).

I wasn't replying to anyone in particular. I was questioning if there is any other information to go along with 1 person who said Sara left the home at 6:30am. What is the evidence to back up that Sara was actually in the van and then vanished 15 minutes later?? It's possible that the statement that Sara left at 6:30am is the only evidence in the timeline. Anyone with access to the van could have put the van there at 6:45am.

If she was in the van and vanished 15 minutes later... that's some pretty quick work to clean the van and disappear without a trace.

Still no new info on a possible ID

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Only way I.D that body is dental, if it been there for some time. SO this is 12-20 minutes from were Sara farther's van was last seen. I think police looked in that area from what I have read. I do find this ironic even ifs isn't Sara.

I'm have to re-read were they searched.

Wish they could disclose whether male or female. Wonder if they were clothed (to help determine sex). Unless clothing was so deteriorated that can't tell. There is a man reported missing from that area recently, but there was only one article so wonder if he was found.

Hope answers come soon

http://robesonian.com/news/84234/orrum-man-reported-missing

Only way I.D that body is dental, if it been there for some time. SO this is 12-20 minutes from were Sara farther's van was last seen. I think police looked in that area from what I have read. I do find this ironic even ifs isn't Sara.

I'm have to re-read were they searched.

12 to 20 minutes? Wow...maybe this is Sara...how many miles exactly? Tia.

Eta: just saw above that there is also a man missing.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Any updates re: the stepmother being named a POI?

I haven't followed along with this case since the very beginning so I don't know any of the developments over the past year but it's been WAY too long this girl has been missing :(

It's strange because the man that's missing was only mentioned in one or two articles and then nothing else so maybe he was found?

I haven't been here in awhile, but I can't believe she hasn't been found yet. LE may not be releasing anything because they may have a good idea what happened but need evidence to move forward. Most likely they are still trying to find any kind of evidence to link Sara with her perp. I thought in the beginning she may have just taken off, given circumstance at home, but it is way too long now for just that. Hope LE finds what they need. Prayers out for all that love her.

It's strange because the man that's missing was only mentioned in one or two articles and then nothing else so maybe he was found?

I know it takes about 6 to 8 weeks for FL to get DNA results. Now we have all the labs testing the shelved rape kits and that has really added to the backlog. Every state has it's own lab they send to other than FDLE. FDLE does a lot of testing for FL but there are things that must be sent out to private labs that FDLE doesn't do, or can't do. So it takes time.

The backlog in MA was 12-18 months for a routine sample. Suspected homicide would likely be bumped up in priority. I think times have improved but still slow. And that diesn't count the paperwork on both ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The backlog in MA was 12-18 months for a routine sample. Suspected homicide would likely be bumped up in priority. I think times have improved but still slow. And that diesn't count the paperwork on both ends.

I've stated on a lot of other cases now that it's disgusting it takes so long for DNA tests and the like to come back something needs to be done about it.
Here in the UK the police having to wait a week for a sample to come back would be seen as absurd. MOO
It must be heartbreaking for family's to find out if LE had got the DNA test results sooner a loved one would've not been harmed which must happen all the time having to wait 12 months to test if LE perp is the rapist or not for example.

I would think that a child of a LE officer would be bumped up a little. Actually, I guess that's not fair, but dang it, I've been so worried about Sara!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I know it takes about 6 to 8 weeks for FL to get DNA results. Now we have all the labs testing the shelved rape kits and that has really added to the backlog. Every state has it's own lab they send to other than FDLE. FDLE does a lot of testing for FL but there are things that must be sent out to private labs that FDLE doesn't do, or can't do. So it takes time.

Hoping they can ID by dental records -- of course there must be records of the missing person for a comparison. Do we know if Sara's dad had any dental records?

Hoping they can ID by dental records -- of course there must be records of the missing person for a comparison. Do we know if Sara's dad had any dental records?

I would think he would, as she had the braces put on her teeth when she moved in IIRC. I don't have a link, but I remember something I read in the MSN about it. But there would be lots of DNA in the home, toothbrush, hair brush, that sort of things that they could compare. And of course they can get a swab from mom and dad to compare for familiar DNA.

12 to 20 minutes? Wow...maybe this is Sara...how many miles exactly? Tia.

Eta: just saw above that there is also a man missing.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Any updates re: the stepmother being named a POI?

15-28 minutes driving,

Bumping for Sara

It's been over a month since they started that autopsy... someone must know something about that body!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay