NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m
State: two of those women, one being #ShaniyaDavis aunt who we reported broke up w McNeill a month bf, lived in Sleepy Hollow. #ABC11

State:McNeill was texting several women morning of nov.10, '09 the day #ShaniyaDavis went missing. Was drunk, on cocaine, wanted sex

State:The woman who agrees to hook up w McNeill fell asleep by the time he got there, so he headed to #ShaniyaDavis' home

State; proceeds with timeline of kidnapping, assault, murder, says mcNeill told Sanford hotel clerk #ShaniyaDavis was his daughter

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
Defense: McNeill did cocaine in hotel while #ShaniyaDavis watched cartoons, thought he was helping fam, girl left with other ppl

sorry, must interject here. What coked up horned up man thinks he is helping the family by being in a hotel room with a baby??????

:banghead:

If this is the best his defense can come up with I totally get why they wanted this stinker to go away ala Mental Illness.

State; proceeds with timeline of kidnapping, assault, murder, says mcNeill told Sanford hotel clerk #ShaniyaDavis was his daughter

Thank you so much , I twitter blocked @wk :blowkiss:

allergies and the associated snots have kept me home from werk today. Glad I could fill in for TheCheese, who deserves a nice lunch for all the hard work on so many of the threads I follow.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 30s
Now on the stand: Brenda Davis, #ShaniyaDavis maternal aunt, who once dated McNeill

Fort Bragg NC Patch ‏@FortBraggPatch 5m
Shaniya's aunt, Brenda Davis is on the stand giving her testimony. #ShaniyaDavis

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 6m
Prosecution's opening statement: 'We know (Mario) McNeill is the one who raped and murdered'

West's 33-minute opening statement this morning included the revelations that DNA and soil samples implicate McNeill.

"Basically we know McNeill is the one who raped and murdered the child," West told the jury.

West said pubic hairs found on the comforter of a motel room in Sanford matched McNeill's. He also said soil in McNeill's car was consistent with soil found where her body was found. He said metal found in the soil was consistent with metal found in McNeill's car.

West concluded his opening, and the court recessed for a 20-minute break. The defense was expected to follow with its opening statement.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/29/1253327?sac=fo.local

the soil sample thing is interesting. Samples from his shoes which match the disposal scene perhaps?

One can hope.

A Fayetteville assistant police chief, Charles Kimble, was called to the stand by prosecutors Friday. He said he was never aware of any deal. In questioning, he described how information about where to look was relayed to police through McNeill's lawyers.

Kimble said over two or three phone calls with the two, he was told to look for an area with green port-potties on N.C. 87 where deer hunting goes on. Shaniya's body was found concealed under a log and under kudzu, about 15 to 20 yards off the shoulder of Walker Road.

McNeill's name never came up in the conversation, Kimble said, but he said from the witness stand that he had no doubt that's where the tip originated.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/29/1253327?sac=fo.local

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 2m
The state is not finished with Brenda Davis, but court is now in recess for lunch until 2:15

During the state's opening statements, prosecutors told jurors that evidence will reveal McNeill sent text messages to a number of women in the early morning hours of November 10, 2009, the day Shaniya went missing, including two women in the Sleepy Hollow mobile home park - Shaniya's Davis's maternal aunt, and another woman.

The state says McNeill left his home, where he lived with the mother of his child, drunk and on cocaine, and headed to Sleepy Hollow to have sex with one of the women, who was asleep by the time he arrived.

That's when the state says he went to Shaniya's home, where the girl lived with the aunt McNeill texted, her boyfriend and two children, Shaniya's mother, and brother.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9083226

9058425_448x252.jpg

darn, I got all excited but that is the livestream for RAVEN ABAROA MURDER TRIAL, not our little Shaniya :(

oops I posted it in the wrong thread, looks like an interesting trial though

After reading the tweets on the opening statement - I am almost glad this is not live. I don't think I could take it. My prayers go out to the jury members that will have to listen to what this ________ did to this sweet baby girl. It makes me so angry :( :mad:

Salem

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
State: woman had fallen asleep, so he stopped at #ShaniyaDavis home to see her aunt. (2:45 a.m.) he's there 2+ hours, leaves w shaniya

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 6m
So, back to state's opening... Claim McNeill went to mobile home park where #ShaniyaDavis lived to hook up with unrelated woman

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
The child who will be called to testify is #ShaniyaDavis' half-brother who knew McNeill came in the home Nov 10, '09, acc.to Davis

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back