NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I read somewhere the other day that it depends on where the crime started. Like she was kidnapped from Cumberland and the kidnapping led to the rest of the charges so Cumberland would get the case, but I could be wrong.

Can you do a DNA test while the baby is still in the womb? Well, I should rephrase that. I'm sure you CAN but would they do it in this case just to be sure of who the father is? I guess I just assumed they would wait until she had the baby to test it.

I think you can do one while a baby is in the womb, but you probably would wait to do that under normal circumstances. In this case they may test to see if there is another bio dad who could take the baby when it's born.
I would hope mom is being tested for HIV and started on HAART to prevent transmission to her baby if she happens to be positive.
Re her being positive. My husband passed it to me, but slept around(unprotected) and never passed it to the other women he was with. She may well be negative.

I agree that the carpet runs are different in the surveillance photo compared to the photo taken today. BUT - do we know for a fact that there was only one elevator per floor? I can't get over the fact that the number REALLY looks like a '3' to me in the surveillance photo. It's most certainly not the same elevator so I'm wondering if it could be a different elevator on that same floor. I tried to read every post to catch up, so hopefully I didn't miss this.

I really believe they are on the 2nd floor. I've clearly seen a '2' from the first time I saw the photos. I tried to make out a 3 since it seemed like everyone else was seeing a 3, but I've always seen a 2. Wish we could've gotten a pic of the 2nd floor from the opposite angle. But props to the person who took time to get the photos. :applause:

I keep wanting to console (ok delude) myself w the ridiculous idea maybe the heat was on too fast and the deed (by whomever) wasn't completed... because I can't bear to think she was still not resisting, but rather trusting, and in the arms of this EVIL !! :devil:

:parrot:

OMG, I keep thinking about the resignation on the little's girl face on the video of Chester Stiles raping her when she was two or three years old.

At the time of their release the stills of the hotel video footage was released in order to forward the effort to find Shaniya ALive. Therefore only a few shots were released for that specific purpose only. LE probably had tons of video footage available to them but they are not goign to make that public to us. On that you can bet.

I am sure we have all been spoiled to the "sunshine" laws of Florida,,,but my question is this...How soon can the media (eventually us) by way of the IMformation act, get more of the photos as well as bits and pieces of the details of this case.....I thought the elevator floor ,,looked like a 2 to me,,just saying. My heart just breaks, and unless I read someone elses description of what may have gone on in that place with this baby,,I cannot fathom in my owm mind what actually took place there.

Aunt C did say that she was dropped off with only enough clothes for the weekend...

I know. I wonder what AD said to Coe! Was it something like-I need you to bring some of your daughter's clothes cause Shaniya isn't leaving here?:waitasec:

I've been trying to catch up over on the Olten thread and now I came back and I'm lost....

Can someone please sum up what's being discussed? Do we have any new info? TIA

Cumberland Co. has the case. So far, that's about it!

FYI - Has anyone been checking the Cumberland Detention Center Active Inmate Search? I was going through letter by letter and ran across someone in the Rs that was arrested yesterday for Indecent Liberties with a Child. I wonder if this is connected?

Well knowing that Cumberland County is taking it now I wonder what was in that lab work that made this decesion?

***********************************************************************************

Cumberland County District Attorney Ed Grannis said Wednesday night that issues involving lab work were needed before a decision could be made as to whether the death investigation of the 5-year-old girl would be handled by Grannis or Lee County District Attorney Susan Doyle.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953645

I think you are right . The brown section of the carpet looks different by the door
In the still shot from the video the trim on the wall is making it look like a piece of carpet without the design. It's the trim that are making it look like it's carpet.

Bringing this post by amf1277 forward.

Thus far, no one has ANY clue whether it will be in Cumberland or Lee County. As far as having the best prosecutor, I can't remember Lee County ever having dealt with anything close to this type of magnitude. However, with Cumberland being a much larger/populated county and Fayetteville itself being a MUCH larger city than Sanford, my guess is Cumberland would have the better prosecutor. Again, absolute speculation on my part. My only hope is that all parties fry. Unfortunately, NC only has the needle....

bbm

If anyone has any specific questions about the area, I'd be glad to answer. As far as the area she was found, when I first moved to Sanford, I lived in the gated community near the location of the body. In fact, my house would have been less than a half-mile on the other side of Highway 87. It IS a very out of the way location. Granted, they haven't said if he has any connection to the area - whether that be personal familiarity, family, friend, etc. - but it could very well be absolute coincidence if MAM did leave her there. Quite literally you pass the entrance to the gated community and the next road just a few hundred feet up to your right is Walker Road and to be honest, I always thought it was a dead end road because it appears to go up into the woods. So if someone is driving along the road looking for a remote area off the beaten path, you might be inclined to turn there and was dumb luck she was left near the trash/deer carcasses. What I wonder about is when the time would have been when she was left there. Even though it's off the main road, there are still homes on that road. I certainly wouldn't want to carry a body into the woods in broad daylight.

So Fayetteville is taking it...hmmm , That leaves a bit to ponder

That's way weird.....unless it is because that is where MAM 'abducted' her from her home, putting the crime into motion. I thought someone said it had to be the place where she was killed though. She couldn't have been killed at the trailer because we know she was alive at the motel and she never came back to the trailer after the 911 call, obviously...and the motel being soooo close to the dump site...it doesn't seem logical to me that she ever came back to Fayetteville at all after the motel........ok I'm baffled.

This case is a real heart breaker - but of course so many others are also.
Question: how do the locals view the Comfort Inn? Is it safe or does it have a reputation? If they were inviting relatives from out of town to visit for the holidays, would they feel justified in suggesting they stay at that Comfort Inn? I do not mean to slight the business but often locals have a better sense of what is going on than management does.

Hi folks,

I just drove the short 4 min. drive over to the Comfort Suites on my lunch. Give me a few minutes while I pull the photos from my phone. Those photos were NOT taken in the lobby.

And I actually still have not stopped shaking knowing I was in the same elevator poor baby Shaniya was in as it was the only elevator in the hotel.

This is exactly what I was hoping for! Someone local to go to the hotel to help clear up this confusion. Thank you!

That's way weird.....unless it is becuase that is where MAM 'abducted' her from her home, putting the crime into motion. I thought someone said it had to be the place where she was killed though. She couldn't have been killed at the trailer because we know she was alive at the motel and she never came back to the trailer after the 911 call, obviously...and the motel being soooo close to the dump site...it doesn't seem logical to me that she ever came back to Fayetteville at all after the motel........ok I'm baffled.

This is weird because in the Sommer Thompson case, because her body was found in the Georgia Landfill Georgia took over jurisdiction from the FL LE even though that is where she disappeared and apparently was killed...:waitasec:

Maybe she was raped at the hotel, McNeil was taking her back, when creature let him know that the cops were looking for her. So he turns around, goes right past the hotel, another 7 miles, kills her in the car and dumps her.

This would have been possible only if Coe or BD (aunt) made her call LE, or if the creature did it to get rid of Mcneill.

My theory from the beginning is that MAM returned to the trailer with Shaniya, and that she was likely dead at that point. He panicked and ran to AD to see what to do. The feces on the blanket was from (sorry) ante or immediately post-mortem evacuation of the bowels. Perhaps she died while in the car or perhaps they tried to revive her at home since taking her to the hospital would never have been an option for them.

I'm sure the trailer was crawling with cops by the time MAM left the hotel with Shaniya. And it appears the blanket was put into the trashcan at 3am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BOTTERB