NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those curious, I know that Catholic Charities and other social service orgs hold seminars and awareness sessions about human trafficking. They are geared for LE, but usually open to the public, they teach you what to look for, who to look for, what to say if you should ever need to call in suspected trafficking.
The courses are usually several months apart, but not very expensive and well worth it.

I'm going to look into that in my area. I admit my first reaction to this was to bury my head in the sand and pretend it can't be happening. I haven't clicked on any of the links to human trafficking info that people have provided in these threads. I told myself that I'm aware of it but can't stomach the details. I've decided I'm going to try & be brave and learn more about this, if only that I may someday be able to help someone in danger. I'm disturbed beyond words but these children need a public that won't deny their reality. I guess it's time for me to step outta my comfort zone. I may need a few virtual hugs though.

What if he took her to a room and then went directly to the stairs on exiting. Do we know if these places would necessarily have captured that?
It's been reported he only stayed an hour so something must have led to that information, like him being seen leaving. MOO

A caregiver!!!!!!!! Thats just insane.

Where I live, those jobs are really low paying. Nancy Garrido, wife of Philip Garrido in Jaycee Dugard case was also a CNA.

Thank you mom :blowkiss: Next logical question if we already know--how many floors does the Comfort Inn in Sanford have?
:parrot:

4...I called.
NC559A1.jpg

Please, everyone,,,, know everything I say is just MOO....I am not at all prepared to say she was treated like a princess, when she was with her Dad........Nothing is much worst than being a small child and desperately wanting and needing , and actually begging for the love of a parent,,,only to have it go on deaf ears..........I also know what it is like to have to take a backseat to the selfish needs of a parent "doing their thing".....I remember begging my Mother to stay with me , or just to love me,,,,or wishing my Dad would show up and be my prince on a white horse, and save me...... Since I was a little girl I have tried to understand why,,,,,because I still live with questions, even though both my parents have passed away.........I am thinking if maybe the Dad's fiance' encouraged the father to send Shaynia to her mother......This all STINKS to me,,,so I reserve judgement till later, on the role of the father,,but when he did the presser,,,I saw nothing but guilt.......Please don't ban me, as like I said this is only my opinion.....What loving father would send their child to live in a filthy home, in the middle of a drug infested area, with excons around...So please forgive me if offended anyone,,,but I do know how selfish some parents can be,,,especially since my mother was married 5 times,,,and every year I lived with her I went to a different school.......My father's second wife hated his kids from my mother (4 of us),,,,and would never have allowed any of us to live with them. I guess when I think about it,,,I am lucky to have lived to be an old woman. anyway,,,I am so praying for this little girl, and hope she is not in situations, that the devil himself is perpertrating .

There are a lot of step-moms out there who are sacrificing their lives every day for someone else's kids because the egg donors aren't interested in them anymore. I was one for many years.

But, there are a lot of women who don't want to "share" their men with anyone, even their own children! And the men go along with it! It is WRONG, IMO, but it is happening!!!

You have a valid point and it would be interesting to know what dynamics exist between the dad and his fiance. Until we learn more about it, we need to be careful, however. Shaniya's dad and his fiance are innocent of this crime and it isn't fair to speculate negatively about their lives.

:blowkiss:

That elevator number could be a changing number to inform guest where the elevator currently is positioned.
thats above an elevator....im speaking of the up and down buttons on the left of the elevator , whichever one is pushed lights up....jmo

The perps were probably expecting her resistance. I'm sure they planned for it. They could have given her anything from benedryl to a more potent date- rape type drug! Poor angel-that picture at the elevator breaks my heart!

Agree. She just looks too alert to me......

I know, that picture will remain on our minds, etched like many others.:(

Yep, that video is of them leaving the third floor.

I agree, I have been there as well...We used to call my Mom Elizabeth Taylor. I mean the whole family called her that.. Maybe I should have said "dressed like a princess" I think that would have conveyed what i was feeling better...I am sorry for your experiences, and you're right, I cant understand him sending her to live there without a visit or three, a drug test, a DSS report, etc etc, but I am sure Shaniyas Dad is beating himself up plenty right now, and I am ashamed of myself for thinking these thoughts about her custody arraingement if you want to know tha truth..

You know, I though it was so odd that Coe said Shaniya was wearing his daughter's clothes. Surely Shaniya had plenty of pretty clothes herself and her biodad would have packed them for her to take along to her monster mom.
Maybe the douche bags sold them.

Is it the Comfort Suites on Bragg in Sanford? If so, that hotel only has four floors.
:parrot:

I wonder if the surveillance video of them arriving was not as clear as the one that they released, hence this one. They could have checked in at 6:11 and this is the capture of them leaving. There is no time or date stamp on the video. Or it could be an oops by LE and released the wrong video and said it was of the arrival when it's not.

Also, I would think 3 is the right floor if you checked in at 6:11. Most hotels fill up from the ground floor up. I know when I travel if I don't check into the room early enough I get a room on the second or third floor away from the elevator where you have to either walk all the way to the front desk, go up the elevator and then way down the hall to your room if you don't want to carry luggage up three flights of stairs. It makes sense that he had a third floor room because of the late check-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crochet Junkie