Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interim Police Chief Donnie Williams confirms the two bodies were found inside the 2013 grey Dodge Dart that two Wilmington women, who were reported missing on April 15, were last seen driving.

It’s unclear if the missing women were the ones found inside the car.

A news release from the WPD states that “due to the effects of decomposition, police cannot positively identify the two bodies at this time.”

Two bodies found in car off River Road, Wilmington police confirm

Two bodies found in car off River Road, Wilmington police confirm

Wouldn't a body submerged in water be in a better "state" than a body that sat in a dry place?
It has been long enough that they would not be recognisable. Even with the beginnings of adipocere possibly setting in already, being in a dry environment has a better chance of mummifying and preserving evidence if foul play happened. I assume they are clothed so I doubt LE is really in the dark about it, they just want to leave it to the ME to do the identifying. JMO

Agree but according to this post...car was found deep in the woods. :(
Wilmington, NC Police Department

Guess water is not a factor (?)

I haven't read "submerged" on MSM either. In my link the car was reportedly "off River Road" ... does that mean it was found in a swampy area? Quite confusing at this point.

so sad. This happened with a Long Islander last summer, Tom Kelsey. His SUV swerved into deep woods and sat there for a long time til it was found, despite so many search efforts. RIP, beautiful young women.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonya702
Back