Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
this is really bizarre. Victims but “lying low”? So as in basically they are hiding somewhere out of fear? but then how would they eat if the last bank activity was $21 worth of snacks on the day they were last seen which is now 2 weeks ago? I suppose they could’ve withdrawn money (and/or had cash from a sale?) and that’s just not something that’s being shared right now for some reason. Or...???? Idk :confused:o_O

I know he just said possibility, but nevertheless I’m having a real hard time connecting all the dots here.
My read is this: they were either involved in something criminal or affiliated with people who were. LE is operating on the assumption that this is what lead to their disappearance.

I'm still leaning towards accident until the car is found.

I am apart of that group and in contact with Stevie, her sister. Just curious if anyone here can still access it? I've heard wonderful things about this site

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this Sayana. We all want nothing more than to find these two young women alive and well. Keeping our fingers crossed!!

Also just a thought, I have removed a closed friend from my fb who I no longer speak with, then removed the mutual friends we have, they were mostly acquaintances anyways, Its possible Paige had issue with one person and just got rid of the connections. Doesn't mean Stephanie was controlling.

Watch owners? Or watch buyers?
Was it watch reselling or were they making watches? Was this their only employment?

And they went to look at a puppy? Did they ever make it there? Didn’t they already have a dog?
The puppy thing confuses me. In the MS news articles I've read, this was never mentioned. Where is this coming from?:)

The puppy thing confuses me. In the MS news articles I've read, this was never mentioned. Where is this coming from?:)
There was an article that referenced going to look at a puppy on either the first or second page of this thread that also mentioned watch selling. I distinctly remember reading it because it mentioned two breeds - one being a lab which caught my attention.
Perhaps it was removed or it was the video that for some reason is no longer available?

My read is this: they were either involved in something criminal or affiliated with people who were. LE is operating on the assumption that this is what lead to their disappearance.

I'm still leaning towards accident until the car is found.

I think accident is also a possibility. Tanya Rider, who got in a single car accident and ended up down a ravine, comes to mind. People were pretty convinced her husband was guilty of something. Authorities miraculously found her in her car 8 days later, alive but just barely. So it's definitely possible that someone could get into a car accident and not be found right away. Sadly, I don't think the outcome would be as good as Tanya's after more than 2 weeks.

The thing that makes me lean away from it, though, is LE specifically mentioning that Paige has ties to Spartenburg SC. Maybe it's just a general FYI to put out there, but for some reason it's sticking out as significant to me.

Couple of my thoughts
i too was thinking an accident, car in water, ravine, woods but given the route they took to convenient store - nothing like that along route. that's not to say they didnt go elsewhere after leaving store. But at 11 pm wouldnt it be time for sleep esp if going to work construction the next day?
Was the $21 purchase possibly for a 12 or 24 pack of beer. Late in evening to be drinking, esp if going to work early morning next day
If Murder/Suicide hopefully the car would have been found by now.
IMO, they met danger at the convenient store. Looking at google maps of the K*D Mart, parking on the side by empty building someone/body could have been waiting.
IDK, so hoping they are hiding somewhere and safe,

Does one of them have a young child? WIC is for Women, Infants, and Children. How would you know one of them is on WIC?

good point, I meant SNAP, which I believe has the same parameters for disbursement.

also, I am not saying that either were on WIC (or SNAP), just pointing out that it’s a good reason to go to a mom and pop store and not a chain like Food Lion. Plus, if they’re broke it’s not impossible they would be.

Also just a thought, I have removed a closed friend from my fb who I no longer speak with, then removed the mutual friends we have, they were mostly acquaintances anyways, Its possible Paige had issue with one person and just got rid of the connections. Doesn't mean Stephanie was controlling.
It appears that she had all of her friends and family blocked, not just random people. Stephanie had also cut off her friends and family around the same time.

good point, I meant SNAP, which I believe has the same parameters for disbursement.

also, I am not saying that either were on WIC (or SNAP), just pointing out that it’s a good reason to go to a mom and pop store and not a chain like Food Lion. Plus, if they’re broke it’s not impossible they would be.

SNAP/Food Stamps does not have the same parameters. The only restrictions for SNAP/FS are that you can't purchase already-prepared food, hot food, alcohol, or non-food items.

What Can SNAP Buy? | USDA-FNS

Most recent pinned post on the Missing Girls: Paige Escalera & Stephanie Mayorga Facebook page:
“TODAY (MAY 4th) AT NOON [name removed by me] will be at HomeGoods with 4K flyers. Please meet at HomeGoods at noon 351 S College Rd. Wilmington, NC 28403 ✨❤️ #BringPaigeandStephanieHome”
Missing Girls: Paige Escalera & Stephanie Mayorga

For reference, the map below shows the locations of K & D’s Mini-Mart and HomeGoods (red pin). Paige and Stephane’s apartment is south of Randall PKWY and west of S Kerr AVE, or in the lower left hand corner of the map (gray pin):
A4281FB3-4D6F-4A6B-8224-F96EEED9AEB5.jpeg

To the best of my knowledge, the HomeGoods store is only a meeting point, and it is of no significance to the investigation.

I feel like the blocking of people on social media may be a red herring here. The fact is that they left the house and went to a convenience store. It's not as if they left with bags packed. Every indication is that they were leaving for a short time and planned to return home. Neither of them has used a bank account, apparently. So I don't see how one or both could be off some place. I feel like someone did something to them and took their vehicle and probably ditched it somewhere.

Did they maybe distance themselves from friends/family because they were involved in something illegal or dangerous and didn't want their loved ones to be targetted or questioned by LE? Just a thought, not an accusation! Also, I can't imagine selling watches could be very lucrative these days, imo. It seems they've been replaced by our phones.

Most recent pinned post on the Missing Girls: Paige Escalera & Stephanie Mayorga Facebook page:
“TODAY (MAY 4th) AT NOON [name removed by me] will be at HomeGoods with 4K flyers. Please meet at HomeGoods at noon 351 S College Rd. Wilmington, NC 28403 ✨❤️ #BringPaigeandStephanieHome”
Missing Girls: Paige Escalera & Stephanie Mayorga

For reference, the map below shows the locations of K & D’s Mini-Mart and HomeGoods (red pin). Paige and Stephane’s apartment is south of Randall PKWY and west of S Kerr AVE, or in the lower left hand corner of the map (gray pin):
View attachment 245612

To the best of my knowledge, the HomeGoods store is only a meeting point, and it is of no significance to the investigation.

yes this is just a common and easily findable meeting area for us to collect fliers to pass out, not an area of interest. Just a big enough parking lot in a central location from different areas in town.

Stephanie and Paige have been entered into NamUs:
Stephanie: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Paige: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance (same for both):
“Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and her fiancé Paige Escalera (NamUs #MP68849), 25 [or conversely, under Paige’s profile: “Paige Escalera, 25, and her fiancé Stephanie Mayorga ( NamUs #MP68847), 27”] have been reported missing since the night of April 15th 2020. The two had announced their engagement to one another via Facebook in March. The Wilmington police reported that they were, ‘last seen,’ together in the area of Kerr Avenue and Randall Parkway, possibly driving a car dark grey, 2013 Dodge Dart with SC tags (MVS-902), which reportedly belonged to Paige. According to Facebook post, and statements made by friends and family members, the two girls had worked a construction job together, earlier that day, drove a female co-worker home, and then drove home themselves. Surveillance footage from their Apartment Complex where the girls' lived, as well as a statement made by their new roommate shows that the two came home and changed clothes and then left sometime after the 9 o'clock hour; presumably, to grab snacks at a store just a block up from their home, leaving behind their dog, personal belongings of importance, and one of the girls cell phones, which had been turned off. Surveillance footage was not readily available at the local convenience store the ladies frequented, or were presumed to be headed to that night but the owner confirmed that they did come in that night, sometime around the 10:45pm, to purchase snacks, and then exited as usual. The girls have not been seen or heard from since, and their credit cards, cell phones, and social media accounts have not been used.”

I feel like the blocking of people on social media may be a red herring here. The fact is that they left the house and went to a convenience store. It's not as if they left with bags packed. Every indication is that they were leaving for a short time and planned to return home. Neither of them has used a bank account, apparently. So I don't see how one or both could be off some place. I feel like someone did something to them and took their vehicle and probably ditched it somewhere.

I agree! I "block" people from seeing some of my posts because I know what kind of comments they would make and I just like to avoid conflict. Not saying that is what she has done, but it's possible. It's super easy to have settings set to be friends except and have a list of people that don't see those posts. It doesn't mean they are blocked. If a person is truly blocked, it also will unfriend you. So not sure where that info came from and if that person putting it out meant blocked totally or maybe hidden from some posts. I think it very well isn't relevant to them going missing.

SBM FROM (NamUs)

According to Facebook post, and statements made by friends and family members, the two girls had worked a construction job together, earlier that day, drove a female co-worker home.

MOO
Do we know anything more from LE or MSM in regards to this construction site job?
I assume the co-worker above has been questioned.
Did the girls make plans to go home change and meet anyone they met at the job site that day?

Was it a like labor finding job temp,work? How long did both Steph and Paige have this job? Was it temp work?

‘This is our worst nightmare': Parents plead for return of missing Wilmington women

Anyone who has seen any of them...just please. Any tip. You may think its small and it might be something really big. Just please call. Call the number let us know. Our families are heartbroken. We’re each other’s rock right now we’re together in this right now. We’re family,” said Paige’s mother, Allison Rice.

This is our worst nightmare. We’re just so desperate to see them to come home,” said Stephanie’s father, Rigo Villafuerte. "We have a lot of dreams for both of them.”

Paige was in school working to pursue a career in criminal justice. Stephanie was taking classes at UNCW in hopes of becoming a surgeon. Both families emphasize both women have kind hearts and were known to help anyone in need.

More @ link
10%cc TOS\WS

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader