Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I'm thinking they did not go out a night to exercise, not to buy liquor because those are state run stores. I don't think people are meeting up after 9pm to buy watches if you're meeting a stranger. These 2 girls don't look that naive. If they went on a beer run at night and left a cell phone charging because of a dead battery, that's probably because they are making a quick run and coming right back. What about a quick drug buy? Maybe just a little weed or something. Nothing hardcore. Probably from someone they knew and felt comfortable meeting up quickly with.

Their roommate obviously doesn't know them at all, which isn't far off at all. My first apartment I basically knew nothing about my roommate. I found an add in the newspaper (back in the 90's). Boy I wish I had because she'd go to bars and bring home strange men. It really scared me when she brought home 2 at one time. I locked my bedroom door and pray these dudes didn't try to kill or rape us. Anyway...

yeah, I was a primary tenant collecting rent checks at about the same time, and I could tell you even now what both my (male) roommates did for a living, at what employers, and at least one of their first names; but I could not tell you their surnames to save my life. I’m with you, this isn’t weird.

I find it weirder, frankly, if true, that one of them has access to multiple versions of men’s watches in order to be able to sell them online... what is her source and pipeline?

The first press briefing was interesting. He said "no comment" when someone from the press asked if they think drugs or alcohol are involved.
"
He urged residents of the entire Cape Fear region, including New Hanover, Pender, Brunswick and Columbus counties, to be on the lookout for the Dodge Dart and to pay close attention to the photos of the women and the clothes they were wearing.

Tilmon said the WPD has “active information that we’re working right now on trying to corroborate” that the vehicle may be in Brunswick County.

With no signs of foul play discovered by detectives, Tilmon was asked why the WPD is bringing so much publicity to the case.

“Some of the information and evidence that we’ve uncovered in the course of the investigation is unusual enough to get us to raise an eyebrow. We would expect, if someone was okay, to see certain patterns of things going on, like contacting your family members. That’s not happening,” Tilmon said.

He said certain evidence has come to light — evidence he refrained from describing because it is an ongoing investigation — which “made it seem serious.”

“But even that’s not corroborated,” Tilmon said."

Jenkins told CrimeOnline that no debit card transactions have happened since April 15, leading her to believe that the pair “are not traveling anywhere.”
Sister says no debit card use, no sightings since couple mysteriously disappeared [EXCLUSIVE]

Earlier someone asked me for a link when I said there had been no bank activity. It's been said in MSM media, so now we can discuss.

I think you might be referring to my previous post asking about a statement you made on post #69 of this thread: "They had both received their stimulus money." I just hadn't (and still haven't) seen this fact reported in any MSM I've come across and wondered where you read this.

If it is true that they received their stimulus checks but never cashed or deposited them, I would be all the more concerned about their whereabouts--it's a fairly substantial chunk of change for many Americans and I would imagine that most folks did SOMETHING with their checks once they received them, so it'd be unusual for these two women to not do so.
Alternatively, if MSM has reported that there is evidence that they received their checks AND that they cashed them, that could open up other possibilities for their whereabouts since leaving their apartment.
The third alternative--that they both got the stimulus money direct-deposited into their bank accounts--would be less meaningful, IMO, but even that fact is one I've not seen reported in MSM.

Last edited:
yeah, I was a primary tenant collecting rent checks at about the same time, and I could tell you even now what both my (male) roommates did for a living, at what employers, and at least one of their first names; but I could not tell you their surnames to save my life. I’m with you, this isn’t weird.

I find it weirder, frankly, if true, that one of them has access to multiple versions of men’s watches in order to be able to sell them online... what is her source and pipeline?
From what I could gather, she had three watches for sale. One Apple Watch, one MK and one CASIO. The only one that could seem like a men's watch is the CASIO and, to be fair, it's probably a good heavy duty watch to work out and stuff. Her MK is a women's watch for sure, and it's her watch, she has multiple pictures wearing it. I found it weirder that she would sell a watch that she clearly used all the time.

So I'm thinking they did not go out a night to exercise, not to buy liquor because those are state run stores. I don't think people are meeting up after 9pm to buy watches if you're meeting a stranger. These 2 girls don't look that naive. If they went on a beer run at night and left a cell phone charging because of a dead battery, that's probably because they are making a quick run and coming right back. What about a quick drug buy? Maybe just a little weed or something. Nothing hardcore. Probably from someone they knew and felt comfortable meeting up quickly with.

Their roommate obviously doesn't know them at all, which isn't far off at all. My first apartment I basically knew nothing about my roommate. I found an add in the newspaper (back in the 90's). Boy I wish I had because she'd go to bars and bring home strange men. It really scared me when she brought home 2 at one time. I locked my bedroom door and pray these dudes didn't try to kill or rape us. Anyway...

The video linked above tells you what they were doing (the first part of their plans, anyway). The cell phone wasn't charging. It was supposedly on the bed, turned off.

I was under the impression that they left their apartment around 9 pm but it was actually substantially later according to the sister's info.

Interesting that there is a store clerk who interacted with them. Wonder what he or she observed about their demeanor that night.

The video linked above tells you what they were doing (the first part of their plans, anyway). The cell phone wasn't charging. It was supposedly on the bed, turned off.

I was under the impression that they left their apartment around 9 pm but it was actually substantially later according to the sister's info.

Interesting that there is a store clerk who interacted with them. Wonder what he or she observed about their demeanor that night.

The footage of the two of them leaving the apartment does not look like it's dark outside. What time does the sunset in Wilmington?

‘UNUSUAL’: Newly-engaged North Carolina couple vanish
27869472-0-image-a-3_1588298933560-e1588353956804.jpg
Newly engaged couple Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25, vanished on April 15.
''Cops say there were no signs of foul play and most of their property was still in the apartment.

However, Timon cryptically described the two women as “victims.”

Right now, their disappearance is a vexing mystery. Police say they have no idea where the pair went and usual “investigative techniques” of scouring their backgrounds has turned up empty.

Escalera has connections to Spartanburg, South Carolina and it’s possible the pair are lying low there.''

Around 7:30 ish -8

Their apartment has lights which might be the reason why it doesn't appear that dark
It probably would have been dark by 8:15-8:30 but like you i think hallway lighting may make it appear light. What doesnt fit is the car leaving the parking lot - i would think that would be darker certainly at 9-10pm. Unless that's video from earlier in the day when they were leaving for work.

It probably would have been dark by 8:15-8:30 but like you i think hallway lighting may make it appear light. What doesnt fit is the car leaving the parking lot - i would think that would be darker certainly at 9-10pm. Unless that's video from earlier in the day when they were leaving for work.

That is just a picture of the car in general. I don't think that is from the night they went missing. It's to show the dent on the drivers rear side and sticker placement.

The footage of the two of them leaving the apartment does not look like it's dark outside. What time does the sunset in Wilmington?

Looking at the video linked above, the outside of the apartment is shown. It's hard to describe but it looks like when you exit your doorway you are still in a small hallway or vestibule. So it makes sense that it was lighted and with a camera. According to the sister's info, they left after 9:30 pm.

If I’m leaving with my spouse,I don’t always bring my phone. She might have not known and or assumed that since one of them had their phone that it was enough. Just guessing here

<modsnip: There is nothing to substantiate speculation related to drugs>

I do think I might leave my cell phone behind if I knew I was going to have a serious conversation with my spouse and there was something on the phone I didn't want them to see. Especially if my spouse was the jealous or controlling type.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watched yet, but Gray did a video last night--he spoke to Paige's sister. Starts about 5 minutes in

Thank you for sharing, Gardenista.

Thought I would share my notes. I am mostly paraphrasing, but when you see quotation marks, I am quoting Gray. My apologies in advance for any errors or omissions!

According to Paige’s sister, SJ:
1. On April 15th, Stephanie and Paige went to work for “a highly recommended roofing company”;

2. At 7 PM, they got off work;

3. They gave a coworker (a female, whom they had known “for a while”) a ride home (Gray speculates that perhaps she is the one who recommended the roofing company to Paige and Stephanie);

4. After dropping the coworker off at home, they went home;

5. Stephanie and Paige “apparently knew each other for seven years, but how well they knew each other, we don’t know”;

6. Approx. 10:45 PM: They were captured on security camera leaving their apartment. Their apartment is located in a well lit area of the complex;

7. Stephanie was holding a wallet and a cell phone, Paige a beer;

8. Paige’s phone was found on the bed, turned off: “They said it was turned off, not out of battery” [Who are “they”?];

9. They were looking for a dog, but they had no plans of going to get one that night;

10. 10:49 PM: According to bank records, they spent $21 on snacks at a nearby convenience store, K & D’s Mini-Mart. It is the closest one to their apartment. The clerk did not observe anything unusual;

11. They were selling their own watches to make money. They were not making a lot of money. They had two roommates;

12. Gray has been talking to an ex-girlfriend (“just prior to Paige”) of Stephanie’s (he points out that this person is in some of the photos still posted on Stephanie’s Facebook page). According to her, when Stephanie drank, she would “go off the rails.” The ex also shared with Gray Stephanie once said she would kill herself in the bathtub, but she was able to “rescue her.” She went on to say Stephanie punched her in the face one time, promoting a visit to the hospital. It resulted in a cracked eye socket. She also told Gray Stephanie was a little bit controlling;

13. Parking garages and junk yards in the area have been searched;

14. The car belongs to Paige;

Directions from their apartment complex to K & D’s Mini Mart:
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
@Sayana You might want to consider becoming a verified insider if you are party to info that is coming directly from family but is not in MSM.
I’m unsure on how to do that, and to be honest I don’t really want to.I do talk with Stevie, and I have spoke with the Uncle of Stephanie a few times, I don’t think I’m qualified to handle the information that goes out. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back