Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can anyone access Paige's account? I have been very active in sharing her and Stephanie's story and today I can no longer pull up Paiges Facebook account, like I am blocked suddenly.

Attachments

• B3D7FDE7-1600-4CC5-9114-C3BFA487AC7F.jpeg
    B3D7FDE7-1600-4CC5-9114-C3BFA487AC7F.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 40
Can anyone access Paige's account? I have been very active in sharing her and Stephanie's story and today I can no longer pull up Paiges Facebook account, like I am blocked suddenly.

From the admin of the Missing Girls: Paige Escalera & Stephanie Mayorga

"REPOST & UPDATE: We are unsure about why or how Paige’s Facebook is being messed with. We’ve had multiple reports of people being deleted or no longer able to view her page - even those working close on the case.

These have all been reported to detectives at 4:05 pm."​

"REPOST & UPDATE: We are unsure about why or how Paige’s Facebook is being messed with. We’ve had multiple reports of people being deleted or no longer able to view her page - even those working close on the case.

I am apart of that group and in contact with Stevie, her sister. Just curious if anyone here can still access it? I've heard wonderful things about this site

It's tempting to think that Paige herself or someone with her log in is active on her page but it's probably a case of someone - either out of malice or ignorance - "reporting" her profile to fb. Fb will then make the profile unavailable while they research to see if it violated any of their terms of service.

I've been on Facebook since 2007 and have found you can learn a whole lot about people according to things that they list as interests, television shows and places that they like to visit. Well on Stephanie's profile her favorite television show is " How to get away with murder "and one of her favorite places in Wilmington is a local gun shooting range. I've also noticed Paige's account has been deactivated tonight. I have a strange feeling Stephanie is doing something.

there is a post on stephanie's fb page where she is selling an apple watch. <modsnip: Comments from social media pages is not allowed. You may discuss what the victim may have posted but not any responses or comments by others>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on Facebook since 2007 and have found you can learn a whole lot about people according to things that they list as interests, television shows and places that they like to visit. Well on Stephanie's profile her favorite television show is " How to get away with murder "and one of her favorite places in Wilmington is a local gun shooting range. I've also noticed Paige's account has been deactivated tonight. I have a strange feeling Stephanie is doing something.
I understand your thoughts behind this, but if you looked at my interests, favorites, books read, and such on social media you'd probably think I was a serial killer, instead of a forensic anthropologist, raised by two LEO's, that likes to go shooting. :) But yes, I see your point, it's all very concerning.

Stephanie and Paige left their home together, from the CCTV picture, it doesn't look like one or the other is being forced to exit the home. It would be way better if we were able to watch the footage, so we could be sure by observing their body language.
From the CCTV picture, I can see that Stephanie is holding a wallet and her phone. Paige left her phone "on her bed", and Stephanie's phone has been off since they went missing. Apparently, both girls have DUI charges and Stephanie has a "simple assault" charge.
Paige's Facebook page has been deleted/deactivated recently. Stephanie's page is still up.
In my opinion, this could be a murder-suicide case. And it can go both ways. I'm sort of leaning towards Stephanie doing something because she took her phone and her wallet, and she's the one with an assault charge to her name (even though we don't know who she assaulted, it may have not been Paige). Paige left the home holding a beer, seemed relaxed. But what if she left her phone behind on purpose? She had friends and family blocked and didn't take her phone with her. Then, all of a sudden her Facebook page just disappears. But how would she have deleted her own page if she didn't take her phone? The only option I can think of is if she got another phone, or if she used Stephanie's phone. I can see Stephanie deleting Paige's account too, if she knew her password, which taking into consideration that everyone was blocked on Paige's account, seems very possible.
If the SIM card was removed from the phone, and then the phone was turned back on, nobody would actually know that the phone was on, right?
It seems like this relationship was somewhat recent, but they may have known each other for much longer and just made it official recently. They had matching tattoos with each other's initials. They were engaged. They were living together. I believe this relationship is probably not as "new" as it has been reported.

<modsnip: Please don't discuss social media Missing Person pages that are not an approved source >

In terms of what is going on with Paige's fb account. I'll be interested to hear from LE on the subject. Surely they have requested access Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to concerned with the FB
LE is on top of it for sure.

Facebook works with law enforcement
"where appropriate and to the extent required by law to ensure the safety of the people who use Facebook," according to a page on its site. ... Indeed, Facebook has cooperated with police investigations in the past.

In short, yes. If a police authority has a case where they need access to a “deletedFacebook account, then they would get a judge to sign a warrant and present that to Facebook. Facebook would then search their servers and provide the messages.

The police can monitor public Internet activity without a warrant. They can request to be connected to you on social media sites where they can view more if you are connected, such as Facebook, without a warrant. ... Private content, they generally cannot monitor without a warrant.

Facebook and police warrants: Can they really do that? - Legal Solutions Blog

I'm going to say that means nothing. Sometimes you have to like a page to see what is on it . Half the country is into guns and those kind of shows are very, very popular right. I wouldn't think too much into it. JMO

Two things bothering me from reading the news accounts, watching the WPD presser and Fb drama

-sister to one of the missing hasnt seen her in 10 years and only reconnected at Christmas 2019. Now seems to know lots about her and the case. how credible is her info?
-you dont leave your dog and phone behind unless you intend to be coming back shortly. Other phone is off or battery dead; does this prevent it from being traced?

Two things bothering me from reading the news accounts, watching the WPD presser and Fb drama

-sister to one of the missing hasnt seen her in 10 years and only reconnected at Christmas 2019. Now seems to know lots about her and the case. how credible is her info?
-you dont leave your dog and phone behind unless you intend to be coming back shortly. Other phone is off or battery dead; does this prevent it from being traced?
I've had the same thoughts in regard to SJ, but she likely has information from sources like close friends & LE. So her credibility IMO is high.

I flip flop daily on where these two are and if it's voluntary or not. From the facts we know so far, I'm leaning towards an abduction. But I can't discount an accident or even murder-suicide. Hopefully that car is found soon, that's the key in this case.

I mean, I don't think she knows a whole ton of private stuff about her sister if they were just reconnecting. I have noticed that several posts on that group don't allow any comments, which, to be fair I can understand them not wanting people talking and talking about literally nothing and spreading rumours, but it's a little weird.

I'm sure her sister has only good intentions and is just heartbroken over the situation. I hope she does not muddy the situation. They'd been estranged for ten years and only reconnected recently. I'm not sure how much she would know about her everyday life.

I think I'm in the same FB group, @Lusitana . It's a bit weird, no?

I'm sure her sister has only good intentions and is just heartbroken over the situation. I hope she does not muddy the situation. They'd been estranged for ten years and only reconnected recently. I'm not sure how much she would know about her everyday life.

I think I'm in the same FB group, @Lusitana . It's a bit weird, no?
Yes, the effort they are putting into controlling what's being said is very... strange.

So I'm thinking they did not go out a night to exercise, not to buy liquor because those are state run stores. I don't think people are meeting up after 9pm to buy watches if you're meeting a stranger. These 2 girls don't look that naive. If they went on a beer run at night and left a cell phone charging because of a dead battery, that's probably because they are making a quick run and coming right back. What about a quick drug buy? Maybe just a little weed or something. Nothing hardcore. Probably from someone they knew and felt comfortable meeting up quickly with.

Their roommate obviously doesn't know them at all, which isn't far off at all. My first apartment I basically knew nothing about my roommate. I found an add in the newspaper (back in the 90's). Boy I wish I had because she'd go to bars and bring home strange men. It really scared me when she brought home 2 at one time. I locked my bedroom door and pray these dudes didn't try to kill or rape us. Anyway...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back