Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder where they are going to search? Around the apartment where they were last seen?
(Not on FB so cant see comments)

The search party is meeting near the university. Not sure if that's ultimately where they are planning to search or if that's just where they are organizing. I think they also plan to place flyers.

One thing that’s puzzling me here is this. I see Paige’s family posting on social media, getting the word out there but I don’t see anything from Stephanie’s family. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me?

Also, I understand they leased a bedroom/bath in an apartment with a shared common area. I’m wondering how the roommate got in to let the dog out. Does this mean they left their room ajar when they walked out?
The dog may have been in the common area, like the living room or something like that. The roommate said that he/she realized that they haven't been home for a few days and went on their bedroom to get the leash. No mention of the door being open.

Yeah IMO it looks like they are both in comfy clothes heading out somewhere where they don't plan to be gone long. For one, I don't think anyone would purposely leave their cell phone behind if you didn't plan to come back that night (unless she forgot it? But most younger people always know where their phone is). Also, I don't know the ins and outs of COVID restrictions where they live, but there just isn't all that much to do right now, at least where I live. No bars to go hang out at, etc.

Like someone above mentioned, maybe a quick drive to a gas station for snacks or something? And knowing they had a dog and had not left any plan in place for someone to care for that dog, I feel they ran out for a quick errand or maybe even just a drive to get out of the house and had every intention of coming back within an hour or two (or less). MOO.

Missing Girls: Paige Escalera & Stephanie Mayorga

The searchers are meeting in the Home Goods parking lot at noon tomorrow for the search:

upload_2020-4-30_20-24-34.png
Google Maps

Legend:
  • Red marker - Home Goods parking lot, meeting place for the search
  • University of NC Wilmington - Located next to the Home Goods parking lot/store
  • 376 South Kerr Avenue = Location of apartment

I agree with both these posts. It looks like they could have just gone out for a walk around the neighborhood. However, if they were going for a walk, I would think they would have taken their dog with them. IMO

Walking out casually with a beer, leaving the phone, almost seems like they were just making a quick run, maybe to the liquor store IMO. Very strange, I hope beyond hope they are ok but I have to wonder if they had an unfortunate run in. All IMO

To me, it looks like the first girl out of the door has a wallet and a phone in one hand, and is holding something in the other hand. I have trouble believing two girls left the house to be away for more than a few hours and didn't take anything with them. No change of clothes, no towel, no tooth brush, nothing. And left a dog behind. Doesn't make sense.

The scenario's that make the most sense-
  • They went out to run a quick errand and were intercepted somewhere along the way. Something similar to what happened to Aniah Blanchard.
  • Someone called and lured them out under false pretenses.
  • Undiscovered car accident.
I know people have seen the "let's run away together post"on facebook. But if that were the case, they would take at least some of their belongings and the dog. I just don't think this makes much sense.

Yeah IMO it looks like they are both in comfy clothes heading out somewhere where they don't plan to be gone long. For one, I don't think anyone would purposely leave their cell phone behind if you didn't plan to come back that night (unless she forgot it? But most younger people always know where their phone is). Also, I don't know the ins and outs of COVID restrictions where they live, but there just isn't all that much to do right now, at least where I live. No bars to go hang out at, etc.

Like someone above mentioned, maybe a quick drive to a gas station for snacks or something? And knowing they had a dog and had not left any plan in place for someone to care for that dog, I feel they ran out for a quick errand or maybe even just a drive to get out of the house and had every intention of coming back within an hour or two (or less). MOO.

I agree.
Restaurants limited to curbside or delivery, all amusement establishments ordered to close (theaters, bowling alleys, bars, zoos, etc.), public parks/gathering areas, public beach access points, hotels.

https://www.wilmingtonnc.gov/home/showdocument?id=11810

ETA: I’m only about an hour from Wilmington (Myrtle Beach) and there has been significantly less road travel than normal due to the closed beaches and short term rental restrictions. As a result, I hope that someone sees the flyers and remembers seeing them or the car somewhere.

Last edited:
The scenario's that make the most sense-
  • They went out to run a quick errand and were intercepted somewhere along the way. Something similar to what happened to Aniah Blanchard.
  • Someone called and lured them out under false pretenses.
  • Undiscovered car accident.
I know people have seen the "let's run away together post"on facebook. But if that were the case, they would take at least some of their belongings and the dog. I just don't think this makes much sense.

I feel like like its more likely car accident, or they went to sell the watch and met with foul play. At least one of them have their phone so the other leaving hers might not be a big deal if they were going to come back.

I have a feeling alot of nefarious stuff will occur during this lockdown, both domestic and outside.

I just listened to another presser from the investigators on court tv. It appears that they have some newly acquired info they are not sharing.

4/30/20 Search for Missing North Carolina Women Underway - Court TV

In terms of those phones. Paige's phone was retrieved from the apartment. Stephanie's phone was evidently shut off since 4/15, according to an MS report which I'm so sorry, I can't remember to give source. :oops:

I'm sure they must be combing video along the route?
I would love to know if they found them on surveillance at any other point.

I just listened to another presser from the investigators on court tv. It appears that they have some newly acquired info they are not sharing.

4/30/20 Search for Missing North Carolina Women Underway - Court TV

In terms of those phones. Paige's phone was retrieved from the apartment. Stephanie's phone was evidently shut off since 4/15, according to an MS report which I'm so sorry, I can't remember to give source. :oops:

I'm sure they must be combing video along the route?
I would love to know if they found them on surveillance at any other point.
I listened to the CTV report. I'm guessing they have found the car on video somewhere in Brunswick County or an eyewitness has come forward.
According to Google looks like that is somewhere around 40 minutes away from their apartment.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I listened to the CTV report. I'm guessing they have found the car on video somewhere in Brunswick County or an eyewitness has come forward.
According to Google looks like that is somewhere around 40 minutes away from their apartment.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Well that makes sense! LOL I blew right past that observation. Geeze, I need more coffee. Thanks Knox. :)

There are quite a few water sources along the main routes in Brunswick County, aren't there?

Yes, there is plenty of water throughout the county. East of 17 is the Intracoastal Waterway and ocean and to the west of that highway is a lot of swampland. Pretty dark, desolate stretches of highway on the latter and spotty cell service. This is all in conjunction with several rivers scattered throughout.

Yes, there is plenty of water throughout the county. East of 17 is the Intracoastal Waterway and ocean and to the west of that highway is a lot of swampland. Pretty dark, desolate stretches of highway on the latter and spotty cell service. This is all in conjunction with several rivers scattered throughout.
The simplest scenario is that 2 women with recent DWI arrests who left to go for a drive with a beer in hand (not sure if the beer has been confirmed) had an automobile accident and are in the water.

And where would they be going at 9pm on a Friday night with everything shut down?
A convenience store to get beer?

Wasn’t there something about going to get a puppy but they never showed up?
How did they find that information?

So if they were going to meet someone about selling a watch at 9pm - wondering if something happened on the way or at the meetup. Where were the watches being advertised for sale?
JMO

I'm with the folks who wonder about a drunken driving accident. Randolph Parkway heading east has a little lake or pond. A close-up showed that there is a spot where a car could veer straight into the water. The only thing really in the way is a park bench.
Are you talking about Randall Parkway?

I think it means they may have the vehicle on surveillance ,but they cannot identify who is in the car? JMO
That's very likely. There is surveillance cameras on both the Cape Fear bridge and the Holmes Bridge. You have to use either of these bridges to cross over the Cape Fear River into Brunswick County.

I read there were storms on/about April 14 in Brunswick County resulting in some property damage (downed trees, etc)... would this increase the likelihood water levels were higher and possibly required a bit more care when traveling? (Which is tough to do when possibly driving impaired - slightly or otherwise).

I actually lean towards something nefarious happening to these two but... ???

The simplest scenario is that 2 women with recent DWI arrests who left to go for a drive with a beer in hand (not sure if the beer has been confirmed) had an automobile accident and are in the water.

Agreed, and I would add to this that they seem to have a fast-moving and perhaps volatile relationship (I'm inferring this last part from arrest records and the fact that friends and family report being suddenly cut out of their lives) and I would say that they might have left their apartment because they wanted to have a serious discussion that others wouldn't walk in on and hear. Maybe they wanted to drive and talk something over and clear their minds. Instead they may have driven impaired or distracted by personal issues. Just a thought.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back