Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can someone update on MSM or news updates? I can't get in to the YouTube - car found? bodies found?
If car and bodies found together in deep woods I'm definitely leaning towards murder-suicide or suicide pact.

Not identified but from the Wilmington, NC Police FB page:

News Release - River Road

Just after 3 p.m. Monday, May 4, Wilmington Police found a grey 2013 Dodge Dart deep in the woods off the intersection of Independence Blvd. and River Road.

Two bodies were found inside. Due to the effects of decomposition, police cannot positively identify the two bodies at this time.

This case is still under investigation and there will be no further details provided today.

Wilmington, NC Police Department

I've been watching the Gray video and I can't get passed the fact that the location seems like one where OD is very possible. I know that there isn't any evidence or reports of past usage but if they were new users...this could explain blocking family/friends on social media and furthermore, if they were new users..more chance of OD. I really hope I'm wrong and hope this was some type of accident. May the beautiful girls RIP.

Last edited:
Found Deceased - NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

This is the link to the man who was missing last summer. It was a curvy exit ramp that he failed to navigate. Locals in Wilmington seem to indicate River Road also was very curvy. We know there COULD be alcohol or drugs involved but I think we really need to rest quietly tonight until we find out all the details. To assume murder or OD as first COD's (vs. Blunt Force Trauma, etc.) seems a bit premature to me. This is a sad day, and also would have been Stephanie's birthday. How awful for family and friends.

Sad to see the news of a car found. Hopefully this will give some answers as to what happened though. In the article I read (Two bodies found in car in woods off River Road, Wilmington police confirm) it states police had closed off the intersection of River Rd and Independence Blvd which does have quite a bit of land but looks mostly swampy from satellite. That’s an area I’m not familiar with.

WILMINGTON — According to the Wilmington Police Department, a vehicle matching the description of the car drive by missing couple Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25, was found on Monday. Two bodies were found inside, too badly decomposed to be immediately identified.

Last edited:
According to WPD, “[j]ust after 3 p.m. Monday, May 4, Wilmington Police found a grey 2013 Dodge Dart deep in the woods off the intersection of Independence Blvd. and River Road. Two bodies were found inside. Due to the effects of decomposition, police cannot positively identify the two bodies at this time.”

WPD spokespeople declined to comment on whether the vehicle belonged to Mayorga and Escalera, although it is the same make, model, and color of their vehicle. WPD released stock images of the couple’s car last week, which was at the time suspected to be in Brunswick County, in an attempt to find the women

(note: the picture you see in my profile is of my dad who died 50 years ago this May, my heart goes out to each and every person who has lost or will lose a loved one!)

I guess I was so caught up on a couple of lovebirds going on an evening cruise after drinking that I never thought about drug use. I think this may be a case of a fentanyl overdose. But it coudl be a murder. I guess I'll wait to hear. So sad. My thoughts are with their families.

Also is it common for two folks to overdose together.?
Respectfully snipped by me.

Honestly no. That is why I wish I wasn't getting that strong vibe. IMO 'deep in the woods' basically rules out accident. Then it's either murder, murder/suicide or suicide pact. IMO suicide pact is less common that double OD. I don't think that watching the two girls leave...I get the idea that one murdered the other. Maybe I just don't want to think that. IDK it's all just very sad...regardless of what happened.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member