GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not deciding on DP today, right? Just whether he is guilty or not...and if guilty, what degree?

It's possible that we could get to the Penalty Phase today, but not likely -- witnesses can be presented during the Penalty Phase, and they may not be here to take the stand, etc. But it will follow tomorrow if an M1 verdict is found today or early tomorrow.

They are not deciding on DP today, right? Just whether he is guilty or not...and if guilty, what degree?

Penalty phase comes after the verdict. If he's found guilty of the top charge/s and DP is a punishement for that charge, then penalty phase, I believe. Both sides will give aggravating/mitigating evidence testimony first, then jury decides.

I know there are those of you who do not believe in God & that's ok. Please feel free to skip this post if you wish. No hard feelings either way.

When I was praying this morning, I didn't know how to pray for this. I know it sounds strange....but I couldn't form my thoughts. I've previously prayed for the jurors, court workers, doctors, nurses, and others involved in Teghan's case. This morning I wanted to pray for Teghan's family, but then I felt like I wanted to take back my thoughts. I feel/felt like some of Teghan's family didn't care for her like they should, and I wanted to take back those thoughts of comfort in my prayer because those people didn't extend comfort to this poor child. I ended up just praying for the Lord to comfort those who asked for comfort.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5m

All 12 #JonathanRichardson jurors say they can proceed w/deliberations.Judge removes alternates from rest of jury,but keeps them in courtrm

I know there are those of you who do not believe in God & that's ok. Please feel free to skip this post if you wish. No hard feelings either way.

When I was praying this morning, I didn't know how to pray for this. I know it sounds strange....but I couldn't form my thoughts. I've previously prayed for the jurors, court workers, doctors, nurses, and others involved in Teghan's case. This morning I wanted to pray for Teghan's family, but then I felt like I wanted to take back my thoughts. I feel/felt like some of Teghan's family didn't care for her like they should, and I wanted to take back those thoughts of comfort in my prayer because those people didn't extend comfort to this poor child. I ended up just praying for the Lord to comfort those who asked for comfort.

Truth is, sometimes comfort is all we can pray for. The world, like it or not, is filled with good vs. evil. I am very honored to have found this community who is standing for good.

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 3m

Jury in #JonathanRichardson murder case sent back to pick a foreperson and begin deliberations....after 5 weeks, jury gets the case. #ABC11

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 3m

#JonathanRichardson jury now has the case. They must select foreperson, then can start deliberations.

Anyone have a list of all the charges?

Other than 2nd Murder and Invol. Manslaughter, is there a charge of which any of you find that he is NOT guilty? (Serious question) I didn't hear the judge read any charge in the list of, for instance, "one of the following." I found G in each & every one.

Wouldn't it be awesome (if our court system would only allow it) if the jury could simply go into the deliberation room for mere seconds - vote, and turn around, walk back into the courtroom and say "Guilty. Punishment? Death. No appeals, no further discussion - destroy him NOW."

If only....:mad:

I do believe in God, and I haven't said a prayer for this case today. I will pray for the jury and the principals in this case as well -- all of them.

Thanks for your prayer, and I understand your feelings, Anon.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 4m
#JonathanRichardson jury has selected a foreperson and is now beginning deliberations - 11am EST. #TeghanSkiba

Verdict Clock:

11:00 a.m. -

Other than 2nd Murder and Invol. Manslaughter, is there a charge of which any of you find that he is NOT guilty? (Serious question) I didn't hear the judge read any charge in the list of, for instance, "one of the following." I found G in each & every one.

Borndem, was JR ever offered a plea? If so, I missed that. I thought everyone involved wanted the DP and no less. :jail:

Truth is, sometimes comfort is all we can pray for. The world, like it or not, is filled with good vs. evil. I am very honored to have found this community who is standing for good.

Just wanted to welcome you to Websleuths! You are with a fine group of people. We welcome your comments!

Several mods have a vested interest in this case and are keeping tabs on this thread. Please alert when the verdict comes in as we might be busy on another section of the forum or with our daily lives. I believe the verdict will be a quick one.

teghan7409.jpg
link
animated-butterfly-candle.gif
link

Several mods have a vested interest in this case and are keeping tabs on this thread. Please alert when the verdict comes in as we might be busy on another section of the forum or with our daily lives. I believe the verdict will be a quick one.

If only the National news could have shown some interest in this case. :banghead:

For those who follow trials, what is the shortest time you know of a jury deliberating?

I know Grant Hayes was right at about an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curiousinky