GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 4m
#JonathanRichardson jury has selected a foreperson and is now beginning deliberations - 11am EST. #TeghanSkiba

Verdict Clock:

11:00 a.m. -

:blowkiss:

Sending good thoughts to the jury.

Borndem, was JR ever offered a plea? If so, I missed that. I thought everyone involved wanted the DP and no less. :jail:

I'm not aware of a plea offer, but I could have easily missed reading/hearing about it in the news. I don't see them offering LWOP when, IMO, this was clearly a DP case.... but I do not know.

Are you doing okay with all of this now, glee? I've thought a lot about your feelings and your memories as this has gone along, my friend...
icon7.gif

Please Lord, let there be Justice for Teghan. Amen

Eeek....I was hoping for another child murder trial example. I should go look some up.

How long were the deliberations?

Last month HLN did a story on how long deliberations took in well known trials.

"How long did the juries of these big trials deliberate?
Check out how long it took juries to reach a verdict in some of the most high-profile trials of recent history.
Some people believe a short deliberation time means a guilty verdict and a longer deliberation means the jury -- or at least one juror -- thinks the defendant is not guilty. "

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/03/19/jodi-arias-trial-famous-trial-deliberation-times

Other than 2nd Murder and Invol. Manslaughter, is there a charge of which any of you find that he is NOT guilty? (Serious question) I didn't hear the judge read any charge in the list of, for instance, "one of the following." I found G in each & every one.

Same here. Every charge was met.

I know there are those of you who do not believe in God & that's ok. Please feel free to skip this post if you wish. No hard feelings either way.

When I was praying this morning, I didn't know how to pray for this. I know it sounds strange....but I couldn't form my thoughts. I've previously prayed for the jurors, court workers, doctors, nurses, and others involved in Teghan's case. This morning I wanted to pray for Teghan's family, but then I felt like I wanted to take back my thoughts. I feel/felt like some of Teghan's family didn't care for her like they should, and I wanted to take back those thoughts of comfort in my prayer because those people didn't extend comfort to this poor child. I ended up just praying for the Lord to comfort those who asked for comfort.

I know how you feel... but we are instructed to pray for all, even the sinners... especially the sinners. I won't get scriptur-ey, but you were right for praying for the family, even if they didn't do good jobs at being a "family", praying for them is what Christians are instructed to do. I will admit that I have not been able to pray for JR. I'll admit I fall short in being able to do that.

I feel like I'm going to be sick. My neightbor just got to court....she is going to help hang ribbons with me. #justice4teghan

My neigbor just texted me and said there will not be a sentence today because even if they reach a quick verdict there will be more testimony,etc

I don't know for certain, but I believe the DA wanted to take this to trial simply because otherwise the DP would be off the table. No guarantee he would be sentenced to it but at least with a trial this is a possibility.

I am surprised most judges, hearing and seeing what they do, aren't complete loons. Same goes for LE.

Thank God for these strong, moral people.

I felt for court reporter yesterday ~~you could tell when there was an unpleasant picture/evidence on the screen

One thing I am becoming more and more upset about is the wife or significant other and/or extended family (living in grandparent's shed) should be held accountable.

The only one I heard recently is the two thugs that shot the 8 month old baby boy in the head. One of these criminals mother and aunt are up for some charges covering up for the shooter.

I just heard about the family living in a homeless shelter that allowed a janitor to take their young daughter into his home for a month. WTH? He and the girl (Relisha something) are missing and the man's dead wife was found in a motel. I would hope the mother and 'step father' of this little girl are charged with gross negligence and anything else that applies.

One thing I am becoming more and more upset about is the wife or significant other and/or extended family (living in grandparent's shed) should be held accountable.

The only one I heard recently is the two thugs that shot the 8 month old baby boy in the head. One of these criminals mother and aunt are up for some charges covering up for the shooter.

I just heard about the family living in a homeless shelter that allowed a janitor to take their young daughter into his home for a month. WTH? He and the girl (Relisha something) are missing and the man's dead wife was found in a motel. I would hope the mother and 'step father' of this little girl are charged with gross negligence and anything else that applies.

Yes, Relisha's case is very upsetting. I do not understand why LE cannot find them. She is in the hands of another monster. :(

Are any of the streams "up" while waiting for verdict?
TIA!

And good morn' everyone.

My neigbor just texted me and said there will not be a sentence today because even if they reach a quick verdict there will be more testimony,etc

Yes, and at that time his family will get a chance to plead for his life :banghead: That's what Josh Stepp's stepmother did, he got LWOP. I really don't think he has anyone that would plea for his life, but maybe??

BTW, the jury deliberated for 7 hours with Stepp... which shocked me. That case was very gruesome as well, and I thought it wouldn't take nearly as long as he admitted that what he did caused her death.

I'm not aware of a plea offer, but I could have easily missed reading/hearing about it in the news. I don't see them offering LWOP when, IMO, this was clearly a DP case.... but I do not know.

Are you doing okay with all of this now, glee? I've thought a lot about your feelings and your memories as this has gone along, my friend...
icon7.gif

I'm up & down. Some days I've just cried & cried for little Teghan. I do think I could manage to kill that with my bare hands if given the chance. Nurse is my hero. I'm still extremely angry with the creech people. It bothered me yesterday when the one prosecutor was referring to them with *sympathy* in his tone. Can't recall what he said, if he called them 'poor mr. & mrs. or what, but I just wanted to scream 'they could have saved that child'. How much does it take to call the sheriff? Hell, I've called the sheriff's office out here over an abused kitten. No, Steve Bizzell himself didn't respond, but I managed to get somebody out here to do something about people down the road who didn't take a kitten to the vet after it got hit by a car/had a broken leg. Those people don't speak to me anymore when I walk my dogs, but I wasn't going to watch that poor kitten drag itself across the road anymore. :banghead:

Huh? Did I just hear someone talking?

I have WRAL open.

ETA: Someone was walking in my office, so I couldn't have it up loud, but I heard something about jurors. I had no picture & when I went to refresh the player, I have nothing now.

2nd ETA: It seems the loop they have running on WRAL has some words about the jury somewhere around the 3rd minute. I just heard it again.

Sorry for the false alarm!!

Yes, Relisha's case is very upsetting. I do not understand why LE cannot find them. She is in the hands of another monster. :(

OT That SOb had a month with that child to plan this out. From what I heard this 'family' let him have the girl several times before this time. God knows what Relisha went thru.

I didn't hear LE say how long the murdered wife lay dead in that hotel room. I would guess he took off with Relisha at that point. I just hope he didn't cross a border.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296