GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 9m

Good Monday #JonathanRichardson tweeps. Attnys in court hashing out what defense's expert witness can & can't say. Jury arrives 1:30pm.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m

@HagenAllison Today should be last #JonathanRichardson def witness. State says may have 1 rebuttal witness. I'm expecting closings tomorrow.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow · 5m
I expect local stations will stream closing arguments for #JonathanRichardson sentencing, but none have said definitively yet. #TeghanSkiba

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 4m

I have told the Skibas about all the interest and concern on twitter. They appreciate it. #TeghanSkiba #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 5m

I understand. It's been fine line between keeping ppl informed & not being too graphic or disrespectful. #JonathanRichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 10m

I expect local stations will stream closing arguments for #JonathanRichardson sentencing, but none have said definitively yet. #TeghanSkiba

I have no doubt this prosecution will bring it home. Besides, personally I wonder how much of this is strictly for protocol and that the jury already is ready to give JR the death penalty?

Grandma's testimony about a car racer's death is a totally disconnect from what went on in her own back yard. She may have chosen to live her life watching a TV screen, caring about characters in movies, tv, magazines etc instead of the people in her life but that doesn't excuse her allowing a child to live in her shed WITH a facking lock on the door.

BBM this sentence is striking because while we say this a lot about things that go on in someone's neighborhood or block, this literally happened in her backyard.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 16m

Hi, I also think they are ready to run with it! I give them an hour ~ two hours for appearances sake. I thin he will go into solitary for a long while unless this prison has a separate section for rotten child offenders. This is just my thought, I wonder how many times attorneys do not knock themselves out for some criminals. I would never hold that against them never say they are wrong. I'm sure they hate some of them as much as we do. Especially P.D.'s as if appointed I dont think they can turn them down. Think Trial Divas will have some news on the case today.
...Waiting on news about T.J. Lang in Cleveland~well prison now. They have gone to Ohio supreme court, want a new trial as he was 17 at the time of the murders, they had him in adult court tried as an adult.Wonder if he will wear his KILLER t-shirt? No way, not in Ohio.:seeya:
It's not visitors messages.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 4m

I have told the Skibas about all the interest and concern on twitter. They appreciate it. #TeghanSkiba #JonathanRichardson

So glad to hear the Skiba's are aware there are many people out here who truly care about what happened to sweet Teghan. And are angry and appalled by the creech people. :banghead:

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m

#JonathanRichardson's expert witness is Dr. Matt Mendel, forensic psychologist - not testifying yet. Judge & attnys still working. No jury.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 8m

#JonathanRichardson's expert witness is Dr. Matt Mendel, forensic psychologist - not testifying yet. Judge & attnys still working. No jury.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 6m #JonathanRichardson's expert witness is Dr. Matt Mendel, forensic psychologist - not testifying yet. Judge & attnys still working. No jury.

(Pls excuse if this is a repeat...
icon7.gif
)

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 8m

Googled Dr. Matt Mendel, he's local to the triangle, forensic psychologist. I thought this guy was from Calif.?

Kelli O'Hara ‏@Kelli_OHara 2h
Court starts at 130, defense has expert flying in from San Diego I believe...I'll be live @noon http://abc11.com #jonathanrichardson

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow Mar 29
#JonathanRichardson is Gma's only grandchild. JR doesn't have any siblings. His Mom, Sandy was an only child.

bbm

That is comforting somehow. (Seriously)
icon9.gif

Googled Dr. Matt Mendel, he's local to the triangle, forensic psychologist. I thought this guy was from Calif.?

Quick search turned up this from a trial in Galveston Texas, man stomped his infant son to death.

The defense presented two witnesses Thursday — Dr. Mitchell Haven Katz, a pediatric
gastroenterologist from Newport Beach, Calif., and Matthew Jonathan Mendel, a clinical

psychologist from Raleigh, N.C.

Here's the type of testimony Mendel gave at that trial. '3 trauma's in early childhood yadda yadda yadda

http://www.hope4kidz.org/news/texas/TX_03182011.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11557510.htm

Dr. Matthew Mendel, Forensic Psychologist, Launches a New Web Site

Nationally Recognized Expert in Child Sexual Abuse and Male Survivors, Experienced Expert Witness in Civil and Criminal Cases

------------------

A pertinent paragraph from above link:

As a forensic psychologist, Dr. Mendel has been involved as an expert witness in over ninety criminal and civil cases in ten states and in federal jurisdiction. He specializes in evaluating the impact of childhood trauma – particularly sexual abuse – upon men. In each case, he is able to convey effectively to attorneys, juries, and other interested parties how these experiences have affected that particular individual.

Most recently, Dr. Mendel has testified in court as an expert witness in the very difficult trial of Kyle Alegria (2013 Arizona People v. Alegria CR20092397) where the defendant was able to open up to him and reveal the most traumatic events of his childhood for the first time. With this new information Dr. Mendel applied his experience of translating complex psychological terms into a language understood well by both legal professionals and the jury. As a result, the jury decided that the mitigating evidence was strong and compelling, and sentenced Mr. Alegria to life imprisonment rather than the death penalty.

Hi, I also think they are ready to run with it! I give them an hour ~ two hours for appearances sake. I thin he will go into solitary for a long while unless this prison has a separate section for rotten child offenders. This is just my thought, I wonder how many times attorneys do not knock themselves out for some criminals. I would never hold that against them never say they are wrong. I'm sure they hate some of them as much as we do. Especially P.D.'s as if appointed I dont think they can turn them down. Think Trial Divas will have some news on the case today.
...Waiting on news about T.J. Lang in Cleveland~well prison now. They have gone to Ohio supreme court, want a new trial as he was 17 at the time of the murders, they had him in adult court tried as an adult.Wonder if he will wear his KILLER t-shirt? No way, not in Ohio.:seeya:

bbm
We had the same type thing here in NC, Nore -- The convicted murderer of Eve Carson (very fine young woman, Pres. of the student body of UNC-Chapel Hill, Morehead Scolar, all of it good to great). Laurence Lovette was given LWOP because he was not eligible for the DP since he was not 18y/o at the time of the crime -- he was 17 y/o. -- but at the time LWOP was okay in NC. His partner in the crime was over 18, but he was charged first by the Feds, and they were going for the DP. He pleaded out to LWOP.
icon10.gif

Shortly after that the US Supreme Court ruled that LWOP could not be automatic for someone L.T. 18 for 1st Murder. The case was reviewed & he was given LWOP anyway due to the circumstances of the murder. The LWOP review for Lovette was the first case reviewed under this new statute in NC, but each of these LWOPs must be reviewed individually...

Instead of spending all this money for expert witnesses and housing sociopaths, the state should be taking this money to raise awareness and prevention for child abuse. These criminals are getting more protection than their victims.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11557510.htm

Dr. Matthew Mendel, Forensic Psychologist, Launches a New Web Site

Nationally Recognized Expert in Child Sexual Abuse and Male Survivors, Experienced Expert Witness in Civil and Criminal Cases

------------------

A pertinent paragraph from above link:

As a forensic psychologist, Dr. Mendel has been involved as an expert witness in over ninety criminal and civil cases in ten states and in federal jurisdiction. He specializes in evaluating the impact of childhood trauma – particularly sexual abuse – upon men. In each case, he is able to convey effectively to attorneys, juries, and other interested parties how these experiences have affected that particular individual.

Most recently, Dr. Mendel has testified in court as an expert witness in the very difficult trial of Kyle Alegria (2013 Arizona People v. Alegria CR20092397) where the defendant was able to open up to him and reveal the most traumatic events of his childhood for the first time. With this new information Dr. Mendel applied his experience of translating complex psychological terms into a language understood well by both legal professionals and the jury. As a result, the jury decided that the mitigating evidence was strong and compelling, and sentenced Mr. Alegria to life imprisonment rather than the death penalty.

Let's hope he isn't able to *sway* this jury. :banghead: :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member