NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My feed has also been super frustrating all morning - did anything interesting come out with Det. Bradly?

I had such a hard time with his Laissez faire demeanor and voice I couldn't keep my mind tuned to what he was saying. Nothing we didn't know? He just sat there and confirmed what had already been testified to.

I wish that the prosecution had something concrete against him. I feel like this may be a hard case for the jury to decide because everything is so circumstantial and there is a LOT of hearsay and opinion being brought out in the case from the witnesses. Believe me, I think he did it…..I’m just not so sure that the jury will think so. The only thing that they have proved is that he was a jerk of a husband and that he controlled every aspect of Janet’s life and he appears to be somewhat of a pervert, but that doesn’t mean that he is necessarily a killer. Again, I truly believe he murdered her to get her out of the way and to cash in on that life insurance policy…..but the jury has to also believe it.

The only thing that they really have going for them is that there was no sign of forced entry into the house and no other DNA found on her body or in the house. The fingerprint on the front porch screen door, I think that’s a bunch of bull. Who knows how long that has been there to start with? A freaking delivery guy could have left that months ago when he was delivering Raven some of those “expensive toys” that he liked to continue to buy with all that money that he didn’t have.

Hi, Peeps - Late getting back to this board -- making bread...

The Specter of WEBSLEUTHS arises again. This is becoming a daily thing with this defense team. Arrrgggghhhh.

During Bradley's time on the stand the female def. atty asked him if he had read on Websleuths (I think that's how she put it), and he said no. He said "We" know about Websleuths when she asked if he was familiar with WS. Bradley said he had sent one email to the "owner" of WS & received one reply. He seemed to be emphasizing "one," possibly to show the DPD and WS were not regular correspondents about this case. Then she asked, "Anonymous, aren't they?" He said yes. "Not accurate?" He said, "Yes, we know about them."
This was near the end of the 1st cross with Bradley -- was in kitchen so couldn't write down the time -- if it matters. Grrrrrrrrrr.

They need to just get over it.

I'm confused. Is the DT bringing up WS for what, exactly?

I wish that the prosecution had something concrete against him. I feel like this may be a hard case for the jury to decide because everything is so circumstantial and there is a LOT of hearsay and opinion being brought out in the case from the witnesses. Believe me, I think he did it…..I’m just not so sure that the jury will think so. The only thing that they have proved is that he was a jerk of a husband and that he controlled every aspect of Janet’s life and he appears to be somewhat of a pervert, but that doesn’t mean that he is necessarily a killer. Again, I truly believe he murdered her to get her out of the way and to cash in on that life insurance policy…..but the jury has to also believe it.

The only thing that they really have going for them is that there was no sign of forced entry into the house and no other DNA found on her body or in the house. The fingerprint on the front porch screen door, I think that’s a bunch of bull. Who knows how long that has been there to start with? A freaking delivery guy could have left that months ago when he was delivering Raven some of those “expensive toys” that he liked to continue to buy with all that money that he didn’t have.

After so many years I was also expecting a much more stronger case than what I have seen so far. I pray this does not end up like Jason Young's first trial.

Thanks for the updates and insights. Please post if anything new or substantial comes up. Right now you all are my only hope of keeping up to speed on the testimony.

I think the files on the CD discovered by Sonia Flood could be really interesting - it has screenshots of things like RavensTree as well as a bunch of financial information. Also a bunch of nude pics of his wife and other women - hopefully those don't have to be dragged out in front of everybody.

Well the disc wasn't as exciting as I had hoped it would be. They didn't go into a lot of detail about it, but the jurors have screenshots of everything it seems. Those packets that they got were gigantic.

Yeah, are we going to go through more stuff on there?

Yeah, are we going to go through more stuff on there?

I hope so. Because like someone said, we've seen evidence that raven is an a-hole,but that's far from evidence of murder. I am honestly worried.

I didn't hear anything about a fingerprint on the front screen porch door. Maybe I missed something. I believe the unknown fingerprint was located on a closet door which was stated to be plastic...it was a fingerprint impression in the paint.

I think the key is what was not found at the scene of the crime. There was no obvious break-in. There was no hair, dna, fibers etc. from an outside source. There was no evidence of a struggle. There was no evidence of any sort from someone outside the home. The dogs were locked in crates in a shed, Janet was suppose to be in bed. Janet would have fought tooth and nail if there was an intruder.

Her wedding rings were out in plain sight. The only things missing were his lap top and knife collection.

Nobody would want to harm Janet. If it was an intruder, a thief, things would have been stolen. If it was a rape, she would have been raped.

The only person who the means, the opportunity, the motive to kill Janet was Raven.

He was wanted for embezzlement. Had to pay that attorney and was going to have to go to court. He had less than a week left on his job, he didn't get the job in DC. He loved his VX more than he loved his wife. Possessions were too important to Raven. Janet was basically a possession to him. Janet couldn't do this again, I think she was done with him, didn't want to have to deal with being pregnant, his mood swings.

Was she hot, was she cold, her lips were blue, she spoke to him. What the heck.

I love how DT always say things like, he may be a cad, he may have been hot headed, he may have cheated, he may have lied, but that doesn't make him a murderer. I agree, but he is the ONLY person with anything to gain, he was the only person who the means, the motive and the opportunity.

There is no smoking gun in this case. It's common sense people. Circumstance Evidence IS Evidence. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. He did it.

Whether or not he is found guilty by members of the jury, nobody else killed Janet but Raven in my opinion and it won't be the last we hear about him.

I didn't hear anything about a fingerprint on the front screen porch door. Maybe I missed something. I believe the unknown fingerprint was located on a closet door which was stated to be plastic...it was a fingerprint impression in the paint.

I think the key is what was not found at the scene of the crime. There was no obvious break-in. There was no hair, dna, fibers etc. from an outside source. There was no evidence of a struggle. There was no evidence of any sort from someone outside the home. The dogs were locked in crates in a shed, Janet was suppose to be in bed. Janet would have fought tooth and nail if there was an intruder.

Her wedding rings were out in plain sight. The only things missing were his lap top and knife collection.

Nobody would want to harm Janet. If it was an intruder, a thief, things would have been stolen. If it was a rape, she would have been raped.

The only person who the means, the opportunity, the motive to kill Janet was Raven.

He was wanted for embezzlement. Had to pay that attorney and was going to have to go to court. He had less than a week left on his job, he didn't get the job in DC. He loved his VX more than he loved his wife. Possessions were too important to Raven. Janet was basically a possession to him. Janet couldn't do this again, I think she was done with him, didn't want to have to deal with being pregnant, his mood swings.

I love how DT always say things like, he may be a cad, he may have been hot headed, he may have cheated, he may have lied, but that doesn't make him a murderer. I agree, but he is the ONLY person with anything to gain, he was the only person who the means, the motive and the opportunity.

There is no smoking gun in this case. It's common sense people. Circumstance Evidence IS Evidence. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. He did it.

Whether or not he is found guilty by members of the jury, nobody else killed Janet but Raven in my opinion and it won't be the last we hear about him.

Good thoughts, good post here. That's why the jury must be compelled to add up the little bits and pieces and make the puzzle fit. I pray they have the wherewithal to get the job done.
I forgot I had to work out of town today so I missed the stream of the trial and interacting with you all.
I hope tomorrow will be sane and rational again for me. Hope, too, that each of you is well.

True my dear trix, it's a circumstantial evidence case. I hope the jury sees what you do, and are not expecting a smoking gun. The Young case, very similar, we had a deadlocked jury and he was convicted on second trial. I hope we don't need that this time. Hugs to you all.

I bet he will testify. He is that type, he needs to be in the spotlight. Remember Jason young testified in his trial

I bet he will testify. He is that type, he needs to be in the spotlight. Remember Jason young testified in his trial

True. And his testimony was played at the second trial. I wonder if Raven will do it. My bet is he won't. Then again, I suck at bets.

only the first though....his experience taught him to keep his mouth shut second time around.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I completely agree with EVERYTHING that you just said. I just hope the jury does as well.

good morning....I'm so hoping things go well today and the jury is in tune with the building of evidence!

I've sort of only been half watching this one. (As opposed to the other trials in the area of the last few years). I've been fascinated by some of the other horrible ones unfolding as well.

Anyone got a feel as to what took so long for the arrest? I know a lot of the folks in Durham's DA office were wrapped up, but I can't see what might have been uncovered down the road, etc. I mean, they exhumed her really late, also, right?

I've sort of only been half watching this one. (As opposed to the other trials in the area of the last few years). I've been fascinated by some of the other horrible ones unfolding as well.

Anyone got a feel as to what took so long for the arrest? I know a lot of the folks in Durham's DA office were wrapped up, but I can't see what might have been uncovered down the road, etc. I mean, they exhumed her really late, also, right?

From what I understand, they exhumed her in 2010 (5 years after her murder) to look for contacts or something. As for how long it took for them to do the trial, I have no idea. There was the whole issue with the DA in Durham and everything, but I have no idea other than that.

Gooood morning peeps.
Blood spatter expert? Hope this one is a little more prepared for his testimony, and his memory is better.
RIP Janet Justice WILL come.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back