NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard anything about Burns Road in Granite Falls, NC? A friend in one of my classes said that the news truck pulled into her driveway and asked if they has seen the police go by. They told them no. Just wondered if anyone heard anything? Her husband told her this and she said he called and told her.

BTW, she said this happened before the class so between 12 and 12:30.

EB has also been associated with (maybe living at) that address in 2007.

bbm
THIS

and agree with the timing being coincidental. But WHY, if he (and others) had these suspicions, why didn't they DO SOMETHING?

They have reported that they tried. Not sure if that's true or not since DDS can't say anything.

I also think that when EB's family and friends started suspecting abuse EB restricted their access to Zhara and AB. The reason I believe this is because it seems like a lot of FB photos, events, family things included Zahra up until around May. After that ...... no Zahra and comments from family that they miss her and weren't really seeing her that often.

Meanwhile, HPD is trying to find out more information about a non-profit organization called the Spiritual Counseling Network which claims to be raising money for Zahra's funeral expenses and police expenses.

WBTV has learned that one of the co-organizers of the group is on probation for obtaining property by false pretenses. They have not returned our calls.

Chief Adkins wants to talk with the organization's leaders to find out how they intend to use any money they collect from donors.

http://morganton.wbtv.com/content/a...oup?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Welcome to the twilight zone, I liken it to when you wash a pair of socks and one come up missing. This is known as the hose zone.

Glad they're following up on this!

Is My Gift Tax Deductible?
Your gift to the Zahra Baker Fund is fully tax deductible as is permissible by law. Many ask what this means, and the simple answer is you can deduct your gift from taxes as it is permissible in your locale. Contact your state revenue department for a full explanation. Gifts made in NC are fully tax deductible.

http://www.zahrabaker.com/faqs.htm

As one who has worked in the nonprofit world for many, many years, I have never seen anything like the above. FWIW -- this org. is incorporated as a nonprofit in NC, but is NOT a registered 501(c)3 with the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/searc...hTypeAll=false&state=NC&sortColumn=name&city=

I don't know how it is in NC, but here in FL it's really easy to become incorporated as a nonprofit. You just check the nonprofit box on the form and then you're incorporated as a nonprofit.

And, does NC give a tax deduction on state taxes, if it's to an org. registered as a nonprofit with the state? We don't have state income taxes in FL, so I'm not sure at all how other states handle this.

Sorry if this is already been addressed, but I'm WAY behind on this thread.

They have reported that they tried. Not sure if that's true or not since DDS can't say anything.

I also think that when EB's family and friends started suspecting abuse EB restricted their access to Zhara and AB. The reason I believe this is because it seems like a lot of FB photos, events, family things included Zahra up until around May. After that ...... no Zahra and comments from family that they miss her and weren't really seeing her that often.

I noticed too in FB that BS was pretty "close" (by close I guess I mean commenting,liking statuses, etc) with EB up to a certain point. I wonder what happened. Did they discover the abuse? Did something else go down?

There is someone else on BS's facebook who seems to dislike EB immensely. She throws out snarky remarks to EB in comments. I can't place who she is exactly but seems related to BS and AY's fiancee. This was back when even BS was "close" with EB.

Anyway, just seems like an interesting dynamic all together.

Maybe AY just has a serious case of "bad Timing". First the pic comment, and then the post from today that it is a good day for Zahra to come home, and now a road he used to live on is coming up. :waitasec:

Yes..

and to be clear about the address on Burns Rd.. I don't know if "used to live on" would be accurate -- he might still live there (I don't know). At this point I only have solid leads connecting him to Burns Rd in the 2006-07 timeframe. Am digging to see if I can find a more recent connection with a verifiable link.

Yes..

and to be clear about the address on Burns Rd.. I don't know if "used to live on" would be accurate -- he might still live there (I don't know). At this point I only have solid leads connecting him to Burns Rd in the 2006-07 timeframe. Am digging to see if I can find a more recent connection with a verifiable link.
are property records accessible online? Can you check that Burns Rd address to see who owns it?

I know that I originally found EB's FB account but seem to have lost it! Can anyone post it for me again please?? :loser:

Just to Burns RD, no number from 21 21st...about 25 minutes.

Ugh...what a testimony to the he!! that little girl was living in if after being seen at 2 am, no one bothers to check on why she was still sleeping, or if she wanted any breakfast or lunch, or what the he!! was the matter that she would STILL be in her room, without leaving to even use the bathroom. This tells me that it was no big deal for either of them to go hours upon hours without seeing her or even feeding her, let alone talk to her or love on her. Im just sick.....

Hickory Police update on the Zahra Claire Baker case 10.18.2010 at 3 p.m.

10/18/2010 3:00 PM

HICKORY - Canine teams continue to search areas identified by tips and investigator interviews. Investigators continue to seek persons outside family members who saw Zahra after September 25, 2010 and any information that can provide more background details about Zahra and anyone involved with this case.

Over the course of this investigation, so many people and organizations have volunteered their services. Local restaurants have donated food for the investigative team so they do not have to stop to eat and can continue to work on their assignments. Canine teams from in-state as well as one from out of state have covered many acres and properties in this investigation.

http://www.hickorygov.com/egov/docs/1287427938844.htm

1191287428064665.jpg

That poor little girl must have been so terribly lonely. I wonder if she even had any toys to play with?

What have I missed? Why is EB's X in pictures with Zahra? So confused now.

Holy crap! I have 17 friends in common with EB!! :banghead:

note: I am maxed out at 5000 friends there... so I really don't personally know all of them..

EB only HAS 17 friends. LOL You might have more if she had more friends.

She only has 17 friends. I wonder if they are talking about her...hmmmmmm.

I was having a mid day 'moment'.. and wasn't signed into FB. Those were her friends. :banghead:

Sorry! I deleted the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member