NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all might be feeling that EB's statement regarding the last time she saw Zahra was total "BS".

True. But the fact that she would include that in her statement, whether true or false, points to the fact that she thought nothing of a situation like that occuring...she never gave it a thought in her lie, that people may find that odd, because its what she did all the time anyway, whether or not it happened that particular night/day or not.

Also, remember EB stated that the last time she saw Z was 12 hours prior...and it was 2 pm when she discovered her "missing". Now, this puts a lot of weight behind the fact that she was kept in her room most of the time, and in fact leads me to believe that her being let out for meals was only for the sake of the visitors in the house. In other words, no visitors, no coming out for meals either. During the 12 hours in question Z never came out for Breakfast or for Lunch, which why EB said she hadnt seen her since seeing her in her room "sleeping" for 12 hours. Im sorry, its not normal child care to let your ten year old be in her room for 12 hours at a time with no breakfast or lunch, hugs or kisses, or conversation. It didnt cross EB's mind about the implications of this because it was so routine to "care" for Z this way. All my opinion of course.

Yup I agree the seeker. I do think she was abused in some form or another, I really do. I have no clue if it was physical, mental, emotional or all three (probably was to some degree).

I'm just not sure what to think about these witnesses JMHO. I don't think they are lying, and I don't think they are telling the truth. I'm holding on to what they have to say and tucking it in the back of my mind to see if it unfolds to be accurate in the future. KWIM?

I personally don't put much weight into what EB has to say because... I think it's an alibi, cover story, at this time. The more info we get I'll more than likely change my mind.

http://triad.news14.com/content/top...eleased-from-morning-of-baker-s-disappearance

video... police say they have gathered evidence from the fire

also... who would preface "my yard is on fire" with "my husband works for a tree maintenance business"

this is giving an "explaination/excuse" before the excited utterance that the yard is on fire and that is just not the normal flow of things in an emergency situation imhoo.

http://triad.news14.com/content/top...eleased-from-morning-of-baker-s-disappearance

video... police say they have gathered evidence from the fire

also... who would preface "my yard is on fire" with "my husband works for a tree maintenance business"

this is giving an "explaination/excuse" before the excited utterance that the yard is on fire and that is just not the normal flow of things in an emergency situation imhoo.

Hey Nursie thanks for the link. :)

It sparked a thought I had last night watching NG.

Boy I really wish we could hear the whole 911 tape (with just the personal info redacted, address etc...that they usually redact)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/18/ng.01.html

snipped:
Police intentionally have only released a small portion of that 911 call.

Hmmm. Wonder what else was said or not said or how it was said on that call! I'm a nosey parker for sure.

My husband's ex boss wrote bad checks way too many times. Was only arrested after my husband called the DA's office daily. Even so, the case wound up being dismissed.
It may be that there are small offenses in this case, but they are 'petty' offenses that seem to happen with some folks. This does not a child abuser make by itself.

Good work!

Mmmkay...shes writing bad checks since the early 1990s, doesnt seem wear a seat belt much, got a ticket for not having a child restrained, didnt keep her vehicle legal, or insure it, there was an assault charge, a tresspassing charge... and thats just part 1.

Wonder if she refused to be printed???????????

I thought that was the FIRST thing they did when you were arrested!
They fingerprint you and take your mug shot!

You cant refuse to be printed but can refuse a poly!

I keep going back to the alleged "jealousy" that SM had of Zahra spending time with her father.

Could that have been the tipping point?

Also, while SM doesn't have any child abuse charges she does have lots of charges that could indicate violent tendencies (communicating threats, brandishing a tazer, etc). Could the jealousy have unleashed her ugly?

moo

Also, remember EB stated that the last time she saw Z was 12 hours prior...and it was 2 pm when she discovered her "missing". Now, this puts a lot of weight behind the fact that she was kept in her room most of the time, and in fact leads me to believe that her being let out for meals was only for the sake of the visitors in the house. In other words, no visitors, no coming out for meals either. During the 12 hours in question Z never came out for Breakfast or for Lunch, which why EB said she hadnt seen her since seeing her in her room "sleeping" for 12 hours. Im sorry, its not normal child care to let your ten year old be in her room for 12 hours at a time with no breakfast or lunch, hugs or kisses, or conversation. It didnt cross EB's mind about the implications of this because it was so routine to "care" for Z this way. All my opinion of course.

Do you know if she at least could get to a bathroom?

Where was her father while this was going on?

I thought that was the FIRST thing they did when you were arrested!
They fingerprint you and take your mug shot!

You cant refuse to be printed but can refuse a poly!

OY!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you can refuse to be. It won't work, but you can refuse and then they can either force you or have a judge order it. My thinking was just this.....this is not her first rodeo, she may just be being difficult by refusing and they probably don't want to take a chance by physically forcing her at the moment. Therefore....they MIGHT have a judge order it.

Full 911 of the fire call
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/images/save/firecall.mp3

Zahra, who is hearing impaired and lost part of one leg to bone cancer, was reported missing hours later when her father, Adam Baker, called police around 2 p.m. Police are expected to release that 911 call this afternoon.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Officials-release-first-911-tape-in-Zahra-case-105272743.html

when asked for the address of her emergency she goes on about the tree maintenance business.

oh yeah... and she mentions that she lives by the donut shop!

she was all over the place in that call but nothing at all about the nature of the fire, etc. Just excuses and odd utterances.

very strange

I think you are right on the money! All of a sudden at 2pm she is missing
where was she after the fire? In the morning for breakfast? How about Lunch!
what in heavens name did they do to this child?

My husband's ex boss wrote bad checks way too many times. Was only arrested after my husband called the DA's office daily. Even so, the case wound up being dismissed.
It may be that there are small offenses in this case, but they are 'petty' offenses that seem to happen with some folks. This does not a child abuser make by itself.

Very true.

At the same time, all of EB's charges reviewed in context tend to make a picture.

Along with bad checks, she presented fictitious info and ID's to LE officers, forged identification. Also, multiple times she acquired merchandise on a rent-to-own basis (then did not pay for it), and in at least one case appears to have sold the rent-to-own merchandise.

Still, none of this makes her a child abuser.

It does, to me, seem to indicate she'll doggedly do anything to cover up incidents in which she exploited people. And she'll go to convoluted lengths to avoid being penalized for doing things she knows to be wrong.

At least, that's some of the take-away I get from seeing her records.

Then there's the hot-headed side of her.. "communicating threats", "trespass", "threatening phone calls", "simple assault".

She's had a red flag tattooed on her forehead for a longgg time, IMO.

OY!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you can refuse to be. It won't work, but you can refuse and then they can either force you or have a judge order it. My thinking was just this.....this is not her first rodeo, she may just be being difficult by refusing and they probably don't want to take a chance by physically forcing her at the moment. Therefore....they MIGHT have a judge order it.

Umm im not so sure about that. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member