NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so mad. EVERYONE is guilty in this case. EVERYONE failed this little girl. Whether she's gone now or not, everyone is responsible. If the stepmother abused her, the father is just as guilty even if he never laid a hand on her. The neighbors who saw are guilty if they never reported it and didn't keep up on it. You need to HOUND these DSS people! This Britt person is responsible. I would never give a kid back if they stayed at my house and it was obvious they were abused. Let them call the cops on me. I DARE them! And if DSS did get called in, they obviously missed something. Reminds me of Erin Maxwell.

If no one wanted her anymore, I would have taken her.

I agree 100%!! I just heard about this darling little angel, tonight. From what little I have read, and the myspace pages I saw, it seems like there was a lot of family around, and WHY is it that no one reported the way this child was being treated? I'm not quite clear on WHO is saying she was treated badly, though. Whoever it is, WHY didn't they come forward a long time ago???

I agree 100%!! I just heard about this darling little angel, tonight. From what little I have read, and the myspace pages I saw, it seems like there was a lot of family around, and WHY is it that no one reported the way this child was being treated? I'm not quite clear on WHO is saying she was treated badly, though. Whoever it is, WHY didn't they come forward a long time ago???
I just don't understand. I would never let anyone touch my baby. My little girl is 11 and I haven't dated since her dad and I split when she was 3. I just can't imagine letting someone into my life that might end up being cruel. Why did he let the abuse continue? If it was obvious to everyone he had to have known. If anyone ever hurt my darling I'd kill them. No man (or woman) is worth keeping around if they are horrible people.

Just have to weigh in here:

I do not believe this little angel girl will be found alive

ALL of her "caregivers" are at fault - including - and perhaps especially, the father

I hate to judge a book by its cover, but the SM looks soooooooooooo mean

Shame on anyone in this sweet child's life that didn't step up and say so if they believed she was in ANY danger whatsoever...

Sending my prayers to sweet little Zahra

Devil's advocate here (and do NOT misunderstand - I think there is hink and stink aplenty in this girl's disappearance) but:

As far as the neighbor statement regarding cruel walking in the prosthetic (sp?) goes I would wonder whether it was one neighbor. Reason being, I am not an amputee but would think that when breaking in a new prosthetic the process might actually require some pain while getting the stump accustomed to that sort of pressure of placing your weight upon it?

If I am mistaken, I hope someone with expertise may chime in here.My point is, perhaps, if only one person has said this SM could have been dealing with an uncomfortable, frustrated child learning how to use a new prosthetic. I know an earlier poster mentioned that children need to constantly replace them as they are growing.

Maybe I should scroll back a bit into the thread and see if I can find that poster.

I'm so mad. EVERYONE is guilty in this case. EVERYONE failed this little girl. Whether she's gone now or not, everyone is responsible. If the stepmother abused her, the father is just as guilty even if he never laid a hand on her. The neighbors who saw are guilty if they never reported it and didn't keep up on it. You need to HOUND these DSS people! This Britt person is responsible. I would never give a kid back if they stayed at my house and it was obvious they were abused. Let them call the cops on me. I DARE them! And if DSS did get called in, they obviously missed something. Reminds me of Erin Maxwell.

If no one wanted her anymore, I would have taken her.

SM's exhusband was posting on cnn and indicated he along with at least 3 others did contact child services about the way she was being treated and child services did nothing. There are. several post about this in the first thread.

SM's exhusband was posting on cnn and indicated he along with at least 3 others did contact child services about the way she was being treated and child services did nothing. There are. several post about this in the first thread.

I would believe this. I called several times on my own stepdaughter several years ago. When they did nothing, I gave up. Now, as of July, my hubby and I have emergency custody of our grandchildren. I am just thankful that nothing happened in between those years, and that they are all still alive, physically unharmed, at least. If DSS had listened to me back then, they would also be emotionally/mentally unharmed as well, or at least not to the point they are now.

Within the last 5 mins Adam Baker has changed his mood status. He has completely removed it.

Male
33 years old
hickory, North Carolina
United States
Last Login: 11/10/2010

http://www.myspace.com/adam1802000

Can't say as I blame him given how quickly the world was picking apart SM's. If he is not invovled but just "uninvolved" as a father I feel for him. If Zahra is no more that would have to be some kind of guilt to live with.

If he is guilty of some wrongdoing in this then I can also see why he would change it to private.

Either way, guilty or innocent, I would do the same in his shoes.

Dogs hitting on BOTH of the cars is weird to me. SM probably wasn't in posession of both the vehicles at the same time, unless, Dad has a work truck like alot of landscapers do. Does he own his own business? Does he carpool with fellow co-workers? Well, she could have been in posession of both vehicles if he had gone somewhere with somebody else. Why move her from one vehicle to the other? To go off road maybe?

I completely understand that and I read that too. This is why it reminds me of Erin Maxwell. People called DSS. DSS failed Erin, and now she's dead. I don't think Zahra is alive and I think she's been gone awhile. But for those who did nothing for this little girl, I don't know how they can sleep at night.

Dogs hitting on BOTH of the cars is weird to me. SM probably wasn't in posession of both the vehicles at the same time, unless, Dad has a work truck like alot of landscapers do. Does he own his own business? Does he carpool with fellow co-workers? Well, she could have been in posession of both vehicles if he had gone somewhere with somebody else. Why move her from one vehicle to the other? To go off road maybe?

I know he's a landscaper but I haven't heard anything else about his vehicle situation. Most landscapers do have "work trucks" though, so it wouldn't surprise me if the stepmom was often with both of the family cars.

IF Zahra has been gone a while (like, before they even moved..thus no neighbors have seen her..) it's possible that they used one car to move her body in, and then recently used the other one to move her body again. Either that, or maybe stepmom placed her body in one car, then changed her mind and moved it to the other car for some reason? No idea..but I can't think of many other explanations.

Can't say as I blame him given how quickly the world was picking apart SM's. If he is not invovled but just "uninvolved" as a father I feel for him. If Zahra is no more that would have to be some kind of guilt to live with.

If he is guilty of some wrongdoing in this then I can also see why he would change it to private.

Either way, guilty or innocent, I would do the same in his shoes.

Point taken. However, if one of my children was missing - I'm 100% sure I would NOT have time to worry about my friggin MS or FB. I would be OUT - searching for my missing child.

And being "uninvolved" is not okay - IMO.

I know he's a landscaper but I haven't heard anything else about his vehicle situation. Most landscapers do have "work trucks" though, so it wouldn't surprise me if the stepmom was often with both of the family cars.

IF Zahra has been gone a while (like, before they even moved..thus no neighbors have seen her..) it's possible that they used one car to move her body in, and then recently used the other one to move her body again. Either that, or maybe stepmom placed her body in one car, then changed her mind and moved it to the other car for some reason? No idea..but I can't think of many other explanations.

Oh God, please, let's NOT bring landscapers into this - I have so had enough of landscapers from the Kyron Horman case! Wait, is her dad a landscaper? Tell me he isn't!!!! *facepalm*

BBM Or perhaps little Zahra died in one vhicle and was then moved into another for disposal/removal purposes.

Eyes4crime, your tag line about children tagged as run-away just stopped me in my tracks.

I hate to say it because I in no way want to participate in relegating her a run-away, but against mounting odds and evidence, in my secret heart of hearts, I almost wish/hope she has only been missing a short while and really did run away.

That would make me more hopefull about the outcome at this moment :(

And honestly, it sounds like she had plenty of reason to want to run away, given that her stepmother seemed to be descending into complete irresponsibility/dysfunctionality (and likely drug use) and her father didn't seem to be paying much attention to her at all, and they'd starting "homeschooling" her when she'd been accustomed to going to school and seeing lots of friends every day.

For the record, I'm a big fan of homeschooling, but looking at that stepmother's laundry list of recent criminal charges, plus her teenagerish MySpace page, I don't believe for a second that she ever had any intention of actually homeschooling Zahra.

She is such a beautiful girl (photo posted at link)

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...ll-human-remains-at-missing-girl-s-home-video

According to a search warrant for the home of missing North Carolina girl Zahra Clare Baker, police dogs detected the smell of human remains on cars belonging to her father and stepmother

This does not bode well for Zahra (such a pretty name by the way).

My prayers are with her.

Mel

And honestly, it sounds like she had plenty of reason to want to run away, given that her stepmother seemed to be descending into complete irresponsibility/dysfunctionality (and likely drug use) and her father didn't seem to be paying much attention to her at all, and they'd starting "homeschooling" her when she'd been accustomed to going to school and seeing lots of friends every day.

For the record, I'm a big fan of homeschooling, but looking at that stepmother's laundry list of recent criminal charges, plus her teenagerish MySpace page, I don't believe for a second that she ever had any intention of actually homeschooling Zahra.

It was was what me hope against hope, even though things seem to point another direction. If the SM was abusive, drugged up, checked out, you could certainly understand a little girl who had the strength to battle what she 's battled deciding she'd had enough! But I also hope at ten she would at least have some sort of idea through PSAs and school safety programs that if she felt abused to report to some sort of authority.

I do not begrudge people who genuinely want to home SCHOOL their children the right to do so and I admire their commitment. The homeschooling concerns me because it was reported there were no school books/materials found in the home and this girl seemed so very isolated at least for the last few months due in part to the recent switch to homeschooling .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme