Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I am new here but would really like to tell you that I got an email today that said that they found the mattress that they were searching for. I am putting the address on this and feel free to look into it. I was so shocked and happy to know that we are finally getting somewhere on this case. Thank God! Here is the link http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...girl-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7jx-1225943061871. Hopefully there is going to be a break in this case very soon. So that they can get justice for this beautiful little girl.

WELCOME:dance::dance:

So glad to have you here and hope this is the break we need to find Zahra
Blessings

Update to my post on page 2 of this thread.

Okay, I found the 2005 Impala in DMV records. It appears to be a case of the license plate on the car having been swapped at some point. As you can see the tag # in the DMV record and the tag # on the search warrant are nowhere close to matching.

http://s857.photobucket.com/albums/ab138/awws_photos/zbcase/

Linked above are screenshots of the registrations for the 1990 Camry and the 2005 Impala (both show registration to EB family members; full names & addresses redacted for privacy reasons).

ETA: Now where's that darned Monte Carlo??

I noticed that article has a link to Fox Sports which makes me wonder if they are taking the info from Fox as to the mattress being found.

I am still uncertain.

I can't believe that it has been over two weeks and Zahra has not been found. I think they will need to get a confession to actually locate her body, if indeed she is deceased. Maybe her father really does not know where she is, even if he knows what happened.

These are a couple of articles that show nothing has been found at the landfill, there are several more. I think there has just been some misreporting.

Police end landfill search in case of missing N.C. girl
Authorities ended their search at a North Carolina landfill Friday for a mattress connected to the case of a missing 10-year-old girl, police said. They did not recover it.
More w/video included...

Landfill search produces no clues in Zahra case

Investigators stopped searching a Lenoir landfill Friday, saying they failed to find a mattress - and possible DNA evidence - that could help explain the disappearance of Zahra Baker.

More...

Yes, both news.com.au and heraldsun.com.au are Fox affiliates, which was the original source of this false report.

Welcome to Websleuths thisjusthurtsmyheart. This is a very sad case. Its good to have you with us.

:Welcome-12-june:

Hi everyone have been busy are there any updates on Zahra?

I was watching NG tonight, which is a repeat of one from last week... but, on the show Natasha reported that LE had cadaver dogs out and they were searching for Zahra's remains at an undisclosed location. This was going on during one of the same days that they were also searching the landfill.
Has anyone seen any more about this? Was it ever reported in MSM?
I'm sure there's alot going on behind the scenes and out of the public eye, just wondering if anyone's heard anymore on this though.

These are a couple of articles that show nothing has been found at the landfill, there are several more. I think there has just been some misreporting.

Police end landfill search in case of missing N.C. girl
Authorities ended their search at a North Carolina landfill Friday for a mattress connected to the case of a missing 10-year-old girl, police said. They did not recover it.
More w/video included...

Landfill search produces no clues in Zahra case

Investigators stopped searching a Lenoir landfill Friday, saying they failed to find a mattress - and possible DNA evidence - that could help explain the disappearance of Zahra Baker.

More...

Thanks ima. I agree, misreporting from multiple sources. I think what it's safe to say is that there were some mattresses found at the landfill. ;)

Hello Everyone,

I am new here but would really like to tell you that I got an email today that said that they found the mattress that they were searching for. I am putting the address on this and feel free to look into it. I was so shocked and happy to know that we are finally getting somewhere on this case. Thank God! Here is the link http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/br...girl-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7jx-1225943061871. Hopefully there is going to be a break in this case very soon. So that they can get justice for this beautiful little girl.

WELCOME!!!
So glad to have you join us here. This is a very disturbing and sad case.
I saw that report earlier and I'm afraid it may be false.

I saw this on a past thread and wanted to touch on it... someone asked if the dad's immigration status had bearing on getting a public defender (if he is arrested): when a foreigner is arrested for possibly committing a crime, under US law, our constitution affords them the same rights as you and I have in the justice system. Most definitely he would have the chance to get a public defender if he can't afford his own lawyer. His status as an immigrant is not a deciding factor.

(Look at Guantanimo Bay: quite a few foreign detainees there have been afforded US Federal Public Defenders to work their cases. )

I was watching NG tonight, which is a repeat of one from last week... but, on the show Natasha reported that LE had cadaver dogs out and they were searching for Zahra's remains at an undisclosed location. This was going on during one of the same days that they were also searching the landfill.
Has anyone seen any more about this? Was it ever reported in MSM?
I'm sure there's alot going on behind the scenes and out of the public eye, just wondering if anyone's heard anymore on this though.

I remember hearing that on NG that night. I watched all the local news channels after NG went off and nothing was said about them searching at a undisclosed location. So IMO NG's show was wrong......

Maybe her father really does not know where she is, even if he knows what happened.

I believe there is very real potential for this to be true.

I think EB might have gotten AB involved with the phantom kidnapping cover-up scheme. But (assuming AB was not directly involved in Zahra's murder) I think EB would have been reluctant to involve him in actually disposing of his own daughter's body.

Two main factors come to mind:

1--she may not have been confident AB could handle being involved in his daughter's disposal without falling apart at the seams;
2--Somewhere deep within, a twinge of actual shame might have made it difficult for her to actually show AB whatever it was she had done.

I predict, that as this case progresses, we will likely find there was some other person (admired and trusted by EB) who actually helped with disposal of Zahra. :whistle: No naming names.

Special request: Please click "thank you" on this post ONLY if you a) agree and b) have a strong idea as to who EB's other accomplice would have been - IF she had one.

I remember hearing that on NG that night. I watched all the local news channels after NG went off and nothing was said about them searching at a undisclosed location. So IMO NG's show was wrong......

Why does she do that?!?!!!:banghead:

It is supposed to be that LE searched the landfill and everything says they came up empty handed, but did they search that undisclosed location and possibly find what they had been looking for. I think that LE are trying to solve a crime and do not really know who was involved yet. Therefore lets not let the cat out of the bag just yet. Lets not scare away AB not until LE has all of the necessary info to charge him and the evil step mother. Maybe somehow that info got leaked. I am really just hoping and praying for a miracle. That they are somewhat closer to a resolution for that beautiful little girls sake.

I believe there is very real potential for this to be true.

I think EB might have gotten AB involved with the phantom kidnapping cover-up scheme. But (assuming AB was not directly involved in Zahra's murder) I think EB would have been reluctant to involve him in actually disposing of his own daughter's body.

Two main factors come to mind:

1--she may not have been confident AB could handle being involved in his daughter's disposal without falling apart at the seams;
2--Somewhere deep within, a twinge of actual shame might have made it difficult for her to actually show AB whatever it was she had done.

I predict, that as this case progresses, we will likely find there was some other person (admired and trusted by EB) who actually helped with disposal of Zahra. :whistle: No naming names.

Special request: Please click "thank you" on this post ONLY if you a) agree and b) have a strong idea as to who EB's other accomplice would have been - IF she had one.

Respectfully, given that Zahra went missing somewhere around mid September at the earliest, AB would have to be completely obtuse. There is nothing normal or status quo about not having any idea whether or not you last saw your child on Tuesday or Thursday (his own words) and calling in her disappearance with inappropriate chuckles as he describes his child's broodieness and the fact that she only came "up" if she wanted something. Oh yeah, and he wasnt motivated to check on his child...the one who was deaf and had one leg, when there was a bonfire in the backyard and two vehicles soaked with gasoline. After all he was tired.

How did he know she didnt set it given how "broody" she was? Because he knew. JMVHO. He knew she was missing, he knew she didnt have her hearing aids and he knew where her leg was. Really, this is honestly what I believe.

Hello Everyone,

I'd just seen that article before I got on Websleuths. After reading it, I checked other news sources in the U.S. and didn't seen any confirmation. I sure hope it is true, but I wonder if the report in the Herald Sun is based on the fact that LE did find and examine mattresses and not whether they'd actually found the mattress.

WELCOME!!!
So glad to have you join us here. This is a very disturbing and sad case.
I saw that report earlier and I'm afraid it may be false.

I hope the mattress story is true:

The mattress belonged to the missing 10-year-old and was disposed of by Zahra's parents days before they reported her missing on October 9.

That means it's so premeditated, and bio-dad knew all about it.

I guess we'll have to wait n' see. I thought the mattress they carried out of the house looked a bit too new for comfort.

MOO

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members